BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 'Move along please'.

• Backroom

I've just been told to leave Norwegian Blue in the Printworks at Manchester. Not too bothered as I was only watching the footy while waiting for the missus to finish her shift in Arndale.

Anyway, I'm not sure WHY they can move you along. Admittedly I hadn't bought a drink for the duration of the match and I understand that they may need the table for others. But when I went to lean on a railing, out of the way of waiters, with a view of the screen and not blocking anyone they continued to insist I either buy a drink or move on.

Now I wasn't causing trouble, I was just watching the footy. But since when was it the law that you must buy a drink when in a licensed venue? Are you seriously not allowed to wait out of the way?

Just wondering what the legality is. As I say iwas happy to give up the table, but don't understand why I actually had to leave the premises entirely unless I bought a drink.

I can understand their attitude tbh. Sky costs pubs etc a fortune which has to be recovered from sales of food and drink. Legally they can choose who they want in their premises, all licenced trade outlets have the right to choose. Why didn't you just buy something?

Would you have gone in if they had charged a fiver for entry ?during match times which you could redeem at the bar against drinks ?

• Backroom

They can refuse anyone the like to be on their premises and ask anyone to leave. You have no 'right' to be there.

I didn't intend to suggest I did :P but nor do I see any reason to be told to leave :/

Meh, I might have bought a couple of drinks later during the next match, they'll miss that tenner :P

• Backroom

If I owned the place I'd probably be the same, if you are in a bar the expectation is you buy a drink, would you go into a hairdressers to sit down and listen to the radio?

I was in Manchester yesterday and it was the busiest place in the universe give or take

Bloody hell, if it was acceptable to do that, they'd be full up with hobo's and dossers.

I'm working on a Sunday, sat in the poxy office and browsing the web while code runs, give me something more exciting to read. I want breasts, big explosions, excessive alcohol consumption, feats of derring-do etc, not wet lettuce complaints.

• Backroom

Theno: just didn't fancy wasting money, was only waiting. Back in there now :P

Can certainly understand their POV, but when you're not causing any sort of obstruction to business? Not particularly bothered, just wondered. Funnily enough the bouncer is a rover :)

• Moderation Lead

Sorry, but it's an unwritten obligation tbh. You're using their facilities, you should contribute by purchasing something. Surprised you got away with it as long as you did!!!

Archived