BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs MAN CITY FA Cup **NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON DAY**

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loads and loads of neutral fans on Twitter and other football forums praising Rovers - deservedly!

This one's from a West Ham fan:

I hope allardyce is watching blackburn, put two up top with 15 mins to go, going for the win, causing man city all sorts of problems, allardyce this is what football is about.

• Backroom

Proud of the team there brilliant stuff

We have missed a chance there but to even be thinking that is ridiculous

All of them deserve massive credit but a few were just brilliant

Excellent performance, couldn't fault any player really. Taylor and the defence were immense. Fair play to the fans who went today who got a display they deserved.

Good for our lads to mix it with premier league players and hopefully will spur us on to climb the league in the second half of the season. Lots of hope for the season now (yes I should know better)

Also great to see Robbo back and generally solid, even if his handling was a bit dodgy and he's carrying a bit of timber

It's over! I was standing in my sofa applauding the team (futile I know) and wishing I wasn't stuck in wet & horrible Norway. 1-1 and another big outing for our young guns - think they will be relishing to test themselves at the Etihad stadium.

Think Bowyer got it about spot on today and showed some balls towards the end with his substitutions. Just wish we had Evans free from injury and playing instead of Lowe and I feel we would have won this. Still - was expecting to lose and by at least 2 goals so this was a pleasant surprise. The team should be really proud today! Some brilliant performances from Cairney, Taylor, Marshall, Spurr and the massive Gestede (my MotM) - but really everyone did their part.

On Robinson: even though it is good to see him back from that horrible injury I must admit he doesn't fill me with confidence and I don't think he is the solution to our problems for that spot. Really wish we could get in a keeper on loan from a PL side (don't ask me who!).

Now - off to celebrate! Arte et labore! :rover:

Good performance and result. Why oh why can we not do this against the likes of Wednesday and Brum?!?

However, another good performance from Gestede is nice to see. Still have my reservations about the lad, but it's encouraging to see him play well - perhaps Bowyer can get something out of him others haven't.

It won't solve our situation but a replay and the finances involved will certainly help. I imagine after this, the replay will also be on tv which again will help with the finances.

Hopefully this will give us the confidence to go on a good run in the Championship. The frustrating thing is when we play to the best of our ability we can give anyone a game. If only we could do it more often.

• Backroom

Today proved we have 3 useful strikers, Rhodes is class as we know, Gestede showed he can mix it up with the best of them and DJ set up chances and offered a lot in his ten minutes

Archived