BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs MAN CITY FA Cup **NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON DAY**

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to think so too and I understand your comments about the 3rd round of the FA Cup even if being of a certain age when the FA Cup was massive I disagree.

I agree with Stuart given our current position and predicament a game against opposition like Citeh is massive. It might be a while before we get that again if at all.

Don't talk rubbish Abbey get yourself down to Ewood and support the team.

Or would you prefer it if we failed while Venky's were still the owners?

How many home games you been to Rev .. I bet I have been to as many as you .. Missed one whilst in turkey . Been a few away this season. I support the team when in there. You used to talk a bit of sense but these days your just a venky propaganda machine .

If we won the champions league under the VENKYSCUM I wouldn't forgive/forget like you want us to do .

Just got in, via the Station, Clitheroe.....felt the players did us proud - couldn't get any posting signal in the midst of the well populated lower BE to post during the game. Glad I went......this is what GB is doing - bringing back a feel good factor.

Why Steve Bruce has let Cairney go is beyond me.

Love my team, still hate Venkys....

Similar to you Abbey I've been to all home games bar one. Kept my season ticket going after relegation.

I apologise as I wrongly thought you were boycotting the games until the owners left.

No I go and slate em all the time

Just got in, via the Station, Clitheroe.....felt the players did us proud - couldn't get any posting signal in the midst of the well populated lower BE to post during the game.

" wel populated lower BBE"!! It was only 30% full at the very best!!

Agree with you though about hating those Venky turds.

Just got in, via the Station, Clitheroe.....felt the players did us proud - couldn't get any posting signal in the midst of the well populated lower BE to post during the game. Glad I went......this is what GB is doing - bringing back a feel good factor.

Why Steve Bruce has let Cairney go is beyond me.

I agree with all of that. I was thinking about the concept of minimum change.What would have to happen, what would Venky's have to do to make me give them another chance, to have some hope in them?

Great effort by the team, manager and everyone today. To get 10k+ home fans on was fair enough today all things considered, not great but not a complete flop. I'd much rather 13k+ turn up and get behind the team against Doncaster. People will be moaning when we don't take many to City but again i'd rather see a thousand plus spending their brass to support the team at Forest. Let's not forget the lily livered plod stopped tickets being sold on the day so that will probably have kept a thousand or so off the home turnout.

• Backroom

Haha taylor just put up an instagram message along the lines of lol a lovers tiff then followed it up with brillian result etc also had up the picture of their shoving BRILLIAN TEAM SPIRIT THANKS TO GB

Excellent stuff. Good to hear.

I really don't understand why our fans have been getting their panties in such a bunch about it all. All seems ok to me.

It was only about 1 year ago we had to suffer the sight of the likes of Dickson, Murphy, Best, Orr etc sauntering off the pitch after another drubbing looking like they couldn't give a toss.

I know which situation I prefer seeing.

Thanks for that very reasoned response and you may be right. How long do you leave it though? You can't undo what was done in the past.

Fans stayed away in their droves over the 1960 Cup Final ticket fiasco. Were they right to do so? I don't know as I wasn't around at the time but there comes a point surely where you have to get on with things.

Well, I for one bought a season ticket after the Wembley defeat as a matter of faith. Time has dimmed my memory, but I have a funny feeling that I regretted it later!

Great to see Robbo back between the sticks.. He can only grow in confidence over the coming weeks, Evans alongside Cairney and watch out Championship....haven't felt so positive in at least 3 years

It's about time we dropped this idea. With everyone fit, I think it's going to be two from Evans, Lowe & Williamson in centre mid with Cairney pushed out wide. Not trying to be a Negative Nelly but that's the way the wind is blowing.

Thanks for that very reasoned response and you may be right. How long do you leave it though? You can't undo what was done in the past.

Fans stayed away in their droves over the 1960 Cup Final ticket fiasco. Were they right to do so? I don't know as I wasn't around at the time but there comes a point surely where you have to get on with things.

You can't undo what's been done, true. But the fact they have shown ZERO signs of remorse or acceptance that they messed up is still too much for me to forget about it. A simple 'ok we were wrong' would go a long way and cost nothing. I genuinely think they still think the fans were wrong and they were right with all that went on with Kean etc

It's about time we dropped this idea. With everyone fit, I think it's going to be two from Evans, Lowe & Williamson in centre mid with Cairney pushed out wide. Not trying to be a Negative Nelly but that's the way the wind is blowing.

It's good to options though Toppers, we've had very few over the past 3 seasons.

Gestede, Cairney and Spurr was really good today.

Gestede seems a real bargain if the £250.000k fee is true?

Also praise to Ben Marshall for his hard work today and Taylor is reminding me in some way of Stuart Ripley... not so nice to Watch but very effective.

I also Think Josh King did well as a substitute...

With this squad we should be challenging... it seems like the team is starting to gel at last.

• Backroom

You can't undo what's been done, true. But the fact they have shown ZERO signs of remorse or acceptance that they messed up is still too much for me to forget about it. A simple 'ok we were wrong' would go a long way and cost nothing. I genuinely think they still think the fans were wrong and they were right with all that went on with Kean etc

I understand the sentiment, but can actions not speak louder than words?

How many times do people keep saying sorry verbally, but then just continue to do the same thing and not change. I find that more offensive, as it's pretty much lying to my face.

To be fair to Venky's they do appear to have changed most things and learnt from their mistakes - i.e. get rid of the agents/3rd parties/hangers on, make sensible signings, disappear and stfu (as talking certainly wasn't working), get a sensible manager in position.

And if, and it's a big if, they continue to fund the club and it's losses for the next 18 months and perhaps get us back in the Prem by end of next season, could that count in some way?

I am in no way defending them, and alternatively, they could cut and run in March, put us in admin, take whatever money out they could, and basically totally stab and finish us off. And I am sure many owners would. We're gonna have to wait and see.

But for me, if they do what is rumoured, and replace us to where they found us in the Prem, then I 'm not saying forgive and forget, but I don't need to hear anything from them. The actions will say enough to me. In fact, I'm quite happy if I never hear a word from a single one of them again.

Just finished watching the match after taking the kids to Blackpool for the day and avoiding the score like the plague. It was a very good result just wish it was extra time and penny's instead. Thought Lowe, Taylor and Spurr we're excellent today but everyone played well. The 1 jersey should be robbos.

I was going to post pretty much the same Silas. Excellent post. I couldn't care less if they apologise for their mistakes but I would like and expect them to stand by the Club until those mistakes are rectified and we find ourselves in roughly the same position as which they found us, i.e. lower mid table Premiership with a serviceable debt of 15-20m.

Leonard VH asked the very pertinent question as well imo of what the "position of minimum change" would be and for me that's my answer to that too. Until then they're not exactly on my Christmas card list despite what Abbey thinks.

Honestly, i haven't felt as proud to be a Rovers fan for ages. I know its all a bit OTT and it was a draw and not a win, but today should mean a lot to every Rovers fan. We built a reputation for bloodying noses and today we did it again. And it felt really really good. I appreciate the debate about Bowyer has rumbled on over the last few weeks, but it would be sickening if he didn't get to see this through. To hear comments from Cairney about his desire to join the club just demonstrate what is happening at Rovers. I realise this was the showbiz tie for our young players, but they showed levels of fight i thought were long gone. I appreciate i'm in danger of over hyping this, but today felt fantastic. I really hope the club can ride the crest of this wave. Last season that Arsenal result should have given us momentum to mount a challenge on the playoffs. Inexplicably it went the other way. I just hope that todays result can spur us on to go on a good run of form.

I was going to post pretty much the same Silas. Excellent post. I couldn't care less if they apologise for their mistakes but I would like and expect them to stand by the Club until those mistakes are rectified and we find ourselves in roughly the same position as which they found us, i.e. lower mid table Premiership with a serviceable debt of 15-20m.

I can't forgive or forget what this idiots in Pune have done, but I'd have a small amount of respect for them if they did stick around and put us back where they found us.

Sadly Rev we're light years away from that position, doubt we'll see us back to that level in our lifetime, and Venkys won't be around when/if it does happen.

I think for most people, me included, the 3rd round of the FA Cup doesn't actually mean a huge amount. I'm delighted that we drew with City but I don't particularly care about being in the cup. Yes, if we get to the latter stages its great, but for us its hardly a priority. I don't think we ever got full houses for any of our FA/League Cup QF's that were held at Ewood when we were in the prem? Glamour opposition or not, the game doesn't mean a great deal.

I'd like to think that for a play off semi final at home we'd get 20k+ on the gate. I think the fans will come slowly come back if we can kick on from days like today, but it will take time.

Very much agree with this. For years Sky's TV competitors have been banging the FA Cup drum with a kind of manic desperation to try and revitalise the waning interest in a competition that now classes as broadcasting leftovers from the PL and Champions League. It may be sad to hear for the older generation but the only people I hear going on about the magic of the FA Cup these days are those trying to make money from it.

Its decline in popularity is presumably a combination of things, but the biggest reason for me is the now horrendously unfair gap in terms of wealth and quality between the haves and have nots. Back in the cup's glory days, all the small teams had to do was get the better of some of Britain's best players, now thats changed to the world's best players, and the chances of managing it have dwindled almost to nothing. I heard a stat that City's bench today cost over 3 times as much as our entire squad. Is it any wonder fans won't spend what little cash they have to watch what 9 times out of 10 would have been a convincing defeat?

And then even if you start getting somewhere in the competition, you then meet a big team in the later rounds who have decided to start taking it seriously. Look what City did to Leicester a few weeks ago in the League Cup. That's the difference between the 3rd round and a quarter final.

Bowyer's decision to leave Rhodes on the bench showed exactly where our priorities lie, and I think Revidge that you'll be just as disappointed with the number of fans we take for the return leg.

Maybe SKH, but I think it will be my first away game for quite some time. The team deserve that much after today's efforts.

Also whilst I understand where you're coming from, that doesn't exactly tally with Wigan's achievements last season for example.

Archived