BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs MAN CITY FA Cup **NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON DAY**

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we'd still have been a mid table premiership side the gate wouldn't have been much bigger.

City in the FA Cup 3rd round hardly sends the pulse racing, especially as both sides were always going to drop players.

The fans can't be crtitiszed for not turning out today.

• Moderation Lead

Definitely a bit of a daft comment from revidge, however he meant it.

Especially when you consider how close it is after Christmas, and it being televised.

• Backroom

Well, regardless of anyone's freedom of choice I think those regulars who didn't go should be kicking themselves. They missed a cracker! ;)

The atmosphere was fantastic. 1-0 down after a late goal and the players were applauded off. Olés were ringing out after half an hour too.

Maybe those who didn't go should stay away! :D

Honestly, I don't regret the decision in the slightest just happy the fans that went on got something worth cheering

Glad to see Rovers begin to get some pride with today's performance.

Had to settle to watch the match on the box because I could not justify paying extra after just outlaying on a half season ticket. The money tree is sparse especially in January. Please don't let me hear Micheal Owen comment again. He is so biased it was bordering on pathetic. Steve McManaman seemed to think that only being an inch offside is not off side during his half time analysis.

Could not fault the Rovers performance against a very strong City team. With a bit of luck with some hand ball decisions we could have won. Bowyer deserved a lot of credit for the way he set the team up.

So they disa

That's the idea.

I never cease to be amazed when I hear comments like that. So they disappear leaving us insolvent. That sounds like a plan.

Regardless of the owners our young team and Bowyer and his coaching staff could do with the backing of the majority of the fans.

Chance missed today, if we played Citeh again another hundred times I don't think we'd catch them playing that poorly again.

Magnificent effort from the team today though.

Tin hat on: Going to have a rant at the stayaway fans though, 9k home fans for a plum tie against the best team in England is absolutely pathetic. The ground should have been nearly full for such a mouthwatering game. IIf I was the owners looking at pictures of an empty Blackburn End I'd think "Why bother?" If you can't be bothered going today you might as well give up or fook off and support Burnley.

And if you didn't go today please don't come on here whinging if Rhodes is sold this month.

Rant over.

Well done to Gary Bowyer, Terry Mcphillips and Craig Short. The team were magnificent today.

End of the day, it's the owners whom have pushed away over 50% of our fans. It's now up to them to work on getting them back, along with the management and players. With results like today, it will only temp more fans to return to Ewood park, gradually fans will return, however you can't expect everyone to forget and forgive and return, just like that.

Pathetic post that doesn’t stand up to any kind of sensible scrutiny and that either ignores or doesn’t understand the realities of where football figures as an entertainment business in a cash strapped consumer society.

Chance missed today, if we played Citeh again another hundred times I don't think we'd catch them playing that poorly again.

Magnificent effort from the team today though.

Tin hat on: Going to have a rant at the stayaway fans though, 9k home fans for a plum tie against the best team in England is absolutely pathetic. The ground should have been nearly full for such a mouthwatering game. IIf I was the owners looking at pictures of an empty Blackburn End I'd think "Why bother?" If you can't be bothered going today you might as well give up or fook off and support Burnley.
And if you didn't go today please don't come on here whinging if Rhodes is sold this month.

Rant over.

Well done to Gary Bowyer, Terry Mcphillips and Craig Short. The team were magnificent today.

Completely stupid comment. Not going to a one off prestige home game and not going to away games is obviously completely different.

Not sure how you have the gall to comment about someone else's finances with zero knowledge. And as to stupid comments 'fook off to Burnley' is as stupid as it gets. But you knew that already.

So they disa

I never cease to be amazed when I hear comments like that. So they disappear leaving us insolvent. That sounds like a plan.

Regardless of the owners our young team and Bowyer and his coaching staff could do with the backing of the majority of the fans.

If rather watch us play non league than thank or praise the turds in pune

If we'd still have been a mid table premiership side the gate wouldn't have been much bigger.

City in the FA Cup 3rd round hardly sends the pulse racing, especially as both sides were always going to drop players.

The fans can't be crtitiszed for not turning out today.

Funny you should say that. I felt the opposite.

The atmosphere before the game, and particularly the first half, had a David-and-Goliath feel to it. I really felt like we were serious underdogs compared to our rich kid visitors. But because Rovers fans expected a tonking everyone was relaxed and just enjoying the occasion.

The club is in the balance and if the coin falls the wrong way up, FA Cup ties like this could soon be very, very big (and rare) days.

End of the day, it's the owners whom have pushed away over 50% of our fans. It's now up to them to work on getting them back, along with the management and players. With results like today, it will only temp more fans to return to Ewood park, gradually fans will return, however you can't expect everyone to forget and forgive and return, just like that.

Thanks for that very reasoned response and you may be right. How long do you leave it though? You can't undo what was done in the past.

Fans stayed away in their droves over the 1960 Cup Final ticket fiasco. Were they right to do so? I don't know as I wasn't around at the time but there comes a point surely where you have to get on with things.

Re attendance today.

Newcastle average home attendance circa 50K, 3rd in prem. Today at home v Cardiff just over half that.

Rovers average home game -15K :-) So just above half that circa 9K.

Factor in that Newcastle fans only really have a few options to support whereas fans in the North West have a multitude, and our crowd today seems ok.

Thanks for that very reasoned response and you may be right. How long do you leave it though? You can't undo what was done in the past.

Fans stayed away in their droves over the 1960 Cup Final ticket fiasco. Were they right to do so? I don't know as I wasn't around at the time but there comes a point surely where you have to get on with things.

I think for most people, me included, the 3rd round of the FA Cup doesn't actually mean a huge amount. I'm delighted that we drew with City but I don't particularly care about being in the cup. Yes, if we get to the latter stages its great, but for us its hardly a priority. I don't think we ever got full houses for any of our FA/League Cup QF's that were held at Ewood when we were in the prem? Glamour opposition or not, the game doesn't mean a great deal.

I'd like to think that for a play off semi final at home we'd get 20k+ on the gate. I think the fans will come slowly come back if we can kick on from days like today, but it will take time.

Re attendance today.

Newcastle average home attendance circa 50K, 3rd in prem. Today at home v Cardiff just over half that.

Rovers average home game -15K :-) So just above half that circa 9K.

Factor in that Newcastle fans only really have a few options to support whereas fans in the North West have a multitude, and our crowd today seems ok.

Rovers 'average' home attendance, 15k? Must be nearer 12k, maybe even less.

You really have been venkyised.

I think for most people, me included, the 3rd round of the FA Cup doesn't actually mean a huge amount. I'm delighted that we drew with City but I don't particularly care about being in the cup. Yes, if we get to the latter stages its great, but for us its hardly a priority. I don't think we ever got full houses for any of our FA/League Cup QF's that were held at Ewood when we were in the prem? Glamour opposition or not, the game doesn't mean a great deal.

I'd like to think that for a play off semi final at home we'd get 20k+ on the gate. I think the fans will come slowly come back if we can kick on from days like today, but it will take time.

I'd like to think so too and I understand your comments about the 3rd round of the FA Cup even if being of a certain age when the FA Cup was massive I disagree.

I agree with Stuart given our current position and predicament a game against opposition like Citeh is massive. It might be a while before we get that again if at all.

You really have been venkyised.

Don't talk rubbish Abbey get yourself down to Ewood and support the team.

Or would you prefer it if we failed while Venky's were still the owners?

Don't talk rubbish Abbey get yourself down to Ewood and support the team.

Or would you prefer it if we failed while Venky's were still the owners?

But the argument from Abbey's side of the debate is that it doesn't feel like "we" at all.

I can understand the sentiment. For me though, much like why I continued to attend during the Kean era I feel that I am holding the fort until something better comes along.

You can all thank me later! :P

Archived