BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs MAN CITY FA Cup **NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON DAY**

What a performance! Don't get to watch us much now as the championship is not broadcast here, so I was very surprised at what we served up. Nothing like the shambles during the Kean days, and the play reminded me of the early Hughes years. No Allardyce hoof ball, we passed the ball on the ground, we looked fit, the players ran their hearts out, and some very good technical players like Cairney.

For those who get to watch us more regularly, is today's performance close to our usual level of performance this year or was it a one-off? If this was closer to the norm, then I am feeling very positive about it. If not, then hopefully this will be the turing point for us to push on for the rest of the season. I already had one eye on being in London on 26 May, but I'll now be watching on with a lot more anticipation...

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second half work rate was out of this world. I can't remember the last time I saw us work so hard. We charged down every ball, were absolutely dogged, and just didn't let City gain any rhythm. Whilst I think this side works hard in general, if we can put that work rate to standard Championship games we will walk promotion. I know we won't be able to, because you can't inspire yourself to that degree every game no matter who you are, but god I'm proud of us today!

Proud of the team and especially proud of our young manager. He has conducted himself so well with the media this week and his strategy has been bold and imaginative. Kept Rhodes on the bench until late. DJ was a handful and got their guy sent off. Everyone played the hearts out and pushed the ball around beautifully. Lets have a big pay day and push on in the league.

Great effort by all concerned, I felt City would struggle with Robinson in the nets, not sure why but he just has a presence (carrying a bit of weight I know)

A draw was the last thing we wanted but good effort and great to see the captain on the score sheet, help by the new lad granted.

Great to see Robbo back between the sticks btw.

Agreed and we benefited from is experience at times, slowing it down and pushing the back four out when they dropped to deep.

He will only get better with games. I saw enough today to say he should now start

Chance missed today, if we played Citeh again another hundred times I don't think we'd catch them playing that poorly again.

Magnificent effort from the team today though.

Tin hat on: Going to have a rant at the stayaway fans though, 9k home fans for a plum tie against the best team in England is absolutely pathetic. The ground should have been nearly full for such a mouthwatering game. IIf I was the owners looking at pictures of an empty Blackburn End I'd think "Why bother?" If you can't be bothered going today you might as well give up or fook off and support Burnley.

And if you didn't go today please don't come on here whinging if Rhodes is sold this month.

Rant over.

Well done to Gary Bowyer, Terry Mcphillips and Craig Short. The team were magnificent today.

Just got home and settled down with a coffee and banana cake.

The Rovers lads put in a gutsy performance today. Gestede and Cairney were v good and it is a good job that bowyer finally listened to advice on this MB and played Taylor in the middle.

Also great to see the Citeh fans in silence.

18,850 and a reasonable turn out from the Rovers fans.

Well done to day rovers.

Outstanding. No other word for it, everyone was outstanding. To go in 1-0 down and come back to the extent where we should have won the game is incredible. We were well drilled, disciplined, and gave everything. Most importantly, we had real quality going forward which we haven't had for a while. It wasn't just get the ball and lump it forward, our attacking play was measured and full of quality.

Gestede played exceptionally well up front on his own and caused them all sorts of problems.

Cairney showed his prem class, absolute masterclass. Didn't lose the ball once, far too good for the championship.

Good to see Robbo back but not convinced he's the answer to our problems. He was shaky before he got injured and, quite understandably, looked a bit suspect today.

The centre halves were very good as usual as was Spurr.

Great display. Really enjoyed watching us play football. I expected to see us put bodies behind the ball but I was really impressed with how we were passing it around. Cairney in particular stood out. He's premier league quality. Gestede really gave us a different dimension up front and justified his selection ahead of Rhodes as a target man. Spurr's long throw is as good as a corner. Marshall and Taylor also looked a real handful.

Couldn't have asked for much more. We are good enough to get promotion if we can just get some consistency.

Chance missed today, if we played Citeh again another hundred times I don't think we'd catch them playing that poorly again.

Tin hat on: Going to have a rant at the stayaway fans though, 9k home fans for a plum tie against the best team in England is absolutely pathetic. The ground should have been nearly full for such a mouthwatering game. IIf I was the owners looking at pictures of an empty Blackburn End I'd think "Why bother?" If you can't be bothered going today you might as well give up or fook off and support Burnley.

And if you didn't go today please don't come on here whinging if Rhodes is sold this month.

Rant over.

Well done to Gary Bowyer, Terry Mcphillips and Craig Short. The team were magnificent today.

I didn't go today. i couldn't afford it. For various reasons christmas has been very expensive this year and, although £15 isn't much in the normal scheme of things. this week it was. I'll be there next home game and as many as possible after that but this was an extra that was beyond my means. Don't presume to judge us. You don't know why people didn't turn up. Why just because some people weren't there today, you think they should be supporting Burnley or not going to Rovers any more i do not know. If Rhodes is sold, it won't be because I wasn't at today's match. It will be because of the financial and administrative cockups the owners have made time after time after time.

Rant over.

I think most people expected a thumping. I'm hoping that having watched today's display, some fans will come back to Ewood. I was surprised to see so many gaps in the Blackburn End but this was one of our very few televised games of the season, an early kick off and was almost guaranteed to be a humiliation. It is disappointing but not difficult to understand.

Hope we can take a couple of thousand to the Etihad instead.

Archived