BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Discussion

DE.

but how they behave on the touchline and on TV will have an effect on results surely?

i think Van gaal is a very interesting charmismatic chap and this is one of the reasons that he's had sucha long and successful career managing some of the world stars of football.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shebby wanted Sherwood (he was his first choice) and he kept him hanging for weeks after Kean was sacked (that it why it took us so long to get a replacement in) Shebby waited and waited. Sherwood used Rovers interest to get better terms at Spurs, same happened again when Berg was sacked but this time the owners stepped in and appointed Appleton.

Sherwood after he left Spurs would never have dropped down to the Championship, clubs like Forest tried to get him but he turned them all down. He was prepared to wait for the right PL opportunity, he even turned some PL clubs down. He is very clever, him taking on Villa as late as he did is a "win win" situation for him, if he saves them his reputation is further enhanced, if they go down then he has the get out of him to few games to save them.

I was very impressed with how he got it right tactically against Liverpool yesterday, it does show that is far more than just a good motivator.

but how they behave on the touchline and on TV will have an effect on results surely?

i think Van gaal is a very interesting charmismatic chap and this is one of the reasons that he's had sucha long and successful career managing some of the world stars of football.

can nobody see that there is a gulf in the personalities of Bowyer and Sherwood? It's obvious who would make the better manager. Title winning captain, rovers legend, lots of charm and charisma.......record of bringing top kids into the first team.

both have the same experience, academy managers.....

Who would you go for if both these chaps walked into your office for interview.......? Who would inspire you in the first 5 minutes of meeting them?

Paolo Di Canio was one of the worst managers Sunderland have ever had, yes he was charismatic, yes he run up and down the touchline, but he was useless!

I never saw Kenny running up and down the touchline and he didn't do to badly.

The time for a new Manager is when the upper structure of the Club is right -which means Owners and the Directors.

Until then we have to manage away FFP and get a few Hughesy things right -buying young players who are cheap and selling after value added(unlike we have done with Rhodesy)

Our squeaky bum time is at least 2 more years.

• Moderation Lead

locking horns is needed ...nicey nicey ain't worked.

I agree, but locking horns results tends to end with the receipt of your p45 down Nuttall Street.....

Wait a second Mercerman, Sherwood was wanted by Rovers twice when Shebby was here. He was offered the manager job and turned it down. He stayed at Spurs and got a pay rise and took over there as Manager.

Sherwood has done a very good at Villa.

What Championship clubs was he linked to? Only know of Brighton.

Palace and WBA had interviews with him but both didn't appoint him as manager. Wonder why?

You like proof but Shabby offering the job to Sherwood is no more than hearsay. No matter who claimed it

Hope all the Bowyerettes take a close look at Tim Sherwood.

Sherwood is everything Bowyer isn't.

Sherwood has charisma, drive, tactical nous and young players get the chance to flourish under his management.

Need I say it, stability Bowyer, IMV, is charmless, negative, tactically bereft and has barely given a sniff to the Rovers youngsters (apart from O'Sullivan last week who got an hour, no young lad has had a chance).

To think Sherwood was available for so long after leaving Spurs and linked with other Championship clubs whilst we sat back and did nothing. Don't accept he wouldn't have come provided he was given the right assurances.

What a shambles we are with stability Bowyer leading us nowhere.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Blah blah blah. If it were down to you we'd have broken the bank to get Coyle and Freedman.... Both sacked off long since btw. Seems Tim Sherwood is your new idol. Honestly you must think we all have goldfish memories to take much note of anything you say. I have reservations about Sherwood but if he is still at Villa in two years time mercerman I might just give your opinions some credence.

You might be right. What does that have to do with Rovers?

if we had knowledable and in-touch owners, then we might have persuaded our title winning captain to join us in the resurgence of blackburn rovers into the premier league, exaclty where we belong. He might have been the catalyst for the glory days coming back, he might have brought harry kane just before he made it big.....but we have to stick with Mr. Bowyer and his mid table mind-fucck

if we had knowledable and in-touch owners, then we might have persuaded our title winning captain to join us in the resurgence of blackburn rovers into the premier league, exaclty where we belong. He might have been the catalyst for the glory days coming back, he might have brought harry kane just before he made it big.....but we have to stick with Mr. Bowyer and his mid table mind-fucck

Half way up the previous page is a lengthy post by a guy who knows what he's talking about. I suggest you have a read, you might find it enlightening.

• Moderation Lead

Difficult to take folk seriously that say they were better than Chris Taylor at his age :tu:

What's your last name Andy, I might even have heard of you, got a wikipedia? ;)

Van Gaal is motionless. He sits in a chair and barely moves during the game. That hasn't prevented him winning everything in his career though.

I prefer to judge managers on results rather than meaningless criteria like how they speak on tv or how they behave on touchline.

Brian Clough was the prime example. He stayed firmly on his seat in the dug out with his feet up even when Forest scored. His was a unique form of charasmatic anti-charisma. :blink:

• Moderation Lead

what's your last name k-hod?

Carrier?

It can easily be worked out from my username, still, if you are better than Taylor, I can always use extra players for my 5 a side team :tu:

Half way up the previous page is a lengthy post by a guy who knows what he's talking about. I suggest you have a read, you might find it enlightening.

An enlightening post written by someone else? Sounds about right. Your snappy little one liners don't enlighten much thats for sure. I cannot see how you can possibly enjoy visiting here based on the irritation you constantly show to other posts and posters. Why not take a breather until your a bit more settled and relaxed about things?

Since when did personality or charisma point towards a managers ability?

Do Arsene Wenger or Van Gaal come across as oozing charisma?

Its just one of a number of traits required. Some managers can't control their emotions on the touchline, others are able to contain them and keep them behind closed doors.

I think the thing with Bowyer now is he's backed himself into a corner with the nice guy big brother routine with the players. When he gets angry or upset which he clearly was after Saturdays game I doubt they'll take him very seriously. Tommy Spurr was played out of position so it's hard to criticise but he was terribly at fault for their first goal yet GB told us he was magnificent in his after match interview. Ok he's not going to openly slag him off but that kind of talk is just typical from him. Sadly you reap what you sow.

just google it Gav....di canio nazi

I'm not interested in his political views Andy, but his managerial style, if you're looking for someone to run up the touchline, is very similar to Sherwoods wouldn't you agree?

what's your last name k-hod?

Carrier?

Comedian as well, is their no end to your talents Andy?

Archived