BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Discussion

DE.

He was on lancs after the game saying top 6 is miniumum next season hopefully top 2 !!!!

blah blah blah

This needs keeping for next season when the old 'but he never set any targets brigade' are on the defensive lol

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bowyer is still running the show come pre-season then I feel I'm well and truly out and it will be sayonara to football in general, I @#/? hate what the games become in this country.

Bring it on. Every cloud has a silver lining.

And I'll wager we wouldn't. See its easy, just no way of knowing is there so its easy to make ridiculous statements. The amazing thing with McClaren is his side got worse after he added better players on loan. Very strange.

Like us in 91 and to an extent in 1995 when Batty came in for Atkins.

Being in with a shout? That's great but ultimately they have failed. I'd hazard a guess Derby fans aren't joyfully downing pints tonight revelling in the fact they were in with a shout until the last day. I'll bet it's harder to take than like us last season coming from the.pack to just miss out.

Funny breed football supporters aren't they? Derby's fans were leaving in droves well before the end despite having a good season overall and Blackpool couldn't get rid of theirs after finishing bottom! ^_^

Right now I'd take 9th again next season.

Depends who we lose over the summer but if we were to lose both Rhodes and Gestede we're likely to have to get a much better manager in just to avoid being heavily embroiled in a relegation scrap.

• Backroom

And I'll wager we wouldn't. See its easy, just no way of knowing is there so its easy to make ridiculous statements. The amazing thing with McClaren is his side got worse after he added better players on loan. Very strange.

Apparently Warburton fell out with Brentford's owner in January because he refused to add to the squad, even though the owner wanted more players brought in. Warburton didn't want to disrupt the good atmosphere they'd built over the course of the season.

Perhaps the ownership of Brentford should take note of Derby.

Been watching some of the Chesterfield / Preston match.

Seen more football from Chesterfield than ever seen under Bowyer.

Though Preston winning at moment, Chesterfield look the more polished outfit and it's their first season back in League 1.

Been watching some of the Chesterfield / Preston match.

Seen more football from Chesterfield than ever seen under Bowyer.

Though Preston winning at moment, Chesterfield look the more polished outfit and it's their first season back in League 1.

Be interesting to see how many of our midfield would be first choice in any of them two midfields

• 2 years later...

I was never a huge fan of Gary Bowyer and always thought he underachieved and probably by the end he had run his race in the job. Most of us used to lament the days pre Venkys and wondered how bad things could get and how far we had fallen at that time.

Last nights debacle against Burnley had me thinking that it's less than 2 years since Bowyer left. In his time we had the likes of Rhodes, Gestede, Cairney, King, Hanley, Duffy , Marshall , Olssons etc. And we weren't impressed.

In the 2 years since ,we have had, Lambert , Coyle and now Mowbray and in the meantime we have been relegated, seen our debt rise in excess of £130million, peed off a load more fans and watched the continued alarming decline of our Club. 

But for a number of reasons last night got me in the pit of my stomach as our six fingered cousins lorded it over us and the cavernous gap between the 2 clubs made me feel sick.Mowbray who some on here think is some kind if messiah, is quickly showing himself to be clueless at setting his team up offensively, has signed players that he doesn't seem to know what to do with and frankly they are dross. Whittingham, Caddis, Gladwin , Antonsson, Smallwood make even last years relegation team look good . Mowbray stated pre season he thought we needed to score 80 goals to go up. He plays one striker and a shape that is just awful.The bloke hasn't a clue. Unless Samuel gets 70 of them I don't know where else they come from.

There are people on here begging his and the teams support but last night laid bare everything Venkys have done to us and have turned us into.With our budget in this league we should be at the top end but it's a brave man who predicts anything much more than top half on the evidence so far.

I honestly don't know where this all goes  from here.The Club is run from Ewood by  2 morons in Cheston and Pasha and our owners neither attend or give a toss .

The alarming decline even in the short period since Bowyer left is proving far more severe than even I thought but last night was the pits for all Rovers fans and I am not sure I can carry on after 40 years of supporting the Club home and away.

Last night might be the real death knell for this Club. 

Gutted beyond gutted.

The next step along the road of misery is to watch Bowyer haul disaster club Blackpool above us in the standings. 

A manager many were glad to see the back of here taking over one of the few clubs thought to be worse run than Rovers and yet within 12 months or so he's got them up, we've gone down and on the evidence so far I suspect we'll be bouncing around in the same portion of the league as the Seasiders.

Lesson to be learnt is that no matter how bad things look at other clubs Venkys will ensure we catch up with them and drop below them. Next up Coventry City.

14 hours ago, JHRover said:

The next step along the road of misery is to watch Bowyer haul disaster club Blackpool above us in the standings. 

A manager many were glad to see the back of here taking over one of the few clubs thought to be worse run than Rovers and yet within 12 months or so he's got them up, we've gone down and on the evidence so far I suspect we'll be bouncing around in the same portion of the league as the Seasiders.

Lesson to be learnt is that no matter how bad things look at other clubs Venkys will ensure we catch up with them and drop below them. Next up Coventry City.

Next up after that, could well be Leyton Orient or Hartlepool United. The class of 92 could be the equivalent, of what used to be out foray into Manchester, to give them a bloody nose.

Archived