BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Discussion

DE.

• Backroom

Might as well get this going again...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/11456204/Gary-Bowyer-looks-back-to-Blackburns-glory-years-for-inspiration.html

A telegraph article on Rovers and Bowyer, some "interesting" quotes from our much maligned manager...

“This is Premier League,” says manager Gary Bowyer. “One hundred per cent it is.”
It has been a steep and damaging learning curve also for the Rao family, who own Venky’s, as Bowyer acknowledges. “Of course they have [learnt], very much so,” he says. “They would be the first to admit that mistakes have been made but if you look at the finances, which have been well documented, at the club at the moment then our owners are massively important to this club surviving day-to-day. They put their hands in their pockets the other day to allow us to bring a loan player in which was fantastic support for us.”

“We wanted to get in young, hungry players and if you look at the investment that we made – we spent just under £3 million on seven players. If you look at the value of those players now then you are talking a return of them of over £12-15 million. With my background in coaching, that is what I have always done – to improve players and push them and challenge them to aim for the highest level they can play at. It is part of being in the Championship.”

“We tried to stay out of it and take a sensible approach to managing a club, make sound investments, work really hard and try and reinvent the squad. I have turned over 24 players since I have been here, and generated something like £7 million in sales. At the same time we have concentrated on the football.”

“We have made progress, and this game is taking us in the right direction,” he says. “There’s a lot of work still to do both on and off the pitch. This will be a big summer again. But the people coming to work here that’s what they are geared for – to try and get the club back up there.”

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Todays and recent results show GB in a decent light and should add some perspective to the debate.

Boro, Ipswich and Derby all stuttering and dropping valuable points at the wrong time despite all being managed by 'top' managers coveted by some on here.

Wigan and Fulham in the relegation mix despite also being managed by managers coveted on here. Fulham incidentally absolutely battered by the free scoring table toppers Bournemouth who drew a blank against us just a few days ago.

Bowyer may not be the best thats for sure but he isn't the complete nincompoop some complete nincompoops on here are suggesting.

Todays and recent results show GB in a decent light and should add some perspective to the debate.

Boro, Ipswich and Derby all stuttering and dropping valuable points at the wrong time despite all being managed by 'top' managers coveted by some on here.

Wigan and Fulham in the relegation mix despite also being managed by managers coveted on here. Fulham incidentally absolutely battered by the free scoring table toppers Bournemouth who drew a blank against us just a few days ago.

Rovers figuring in the last 8 of the FA cup tomorrow despite not having had the best of the cup draws all along and not playing anybody in a lower division.

Bowyer may not be the best thats for sure but he isn't the complete nincompoop some complete nincompoops on here are suggesting. To think that many accused us of being harsh on Steve Kean! There really is no comparison.

Bowyer may not be the best thats for sure but he isn't the complete nincompoop some complete nincompoops on here are suggesting.

At least those 3 managers still have their teams in the mix at the top and have had all season.

Look at the gap Gordon !

GB only seems to be bothered about the value of the squad.

I see the thread title has been desensitised. I guess one win every now and again will have that effect.

You have to wonder what the point is of discussing the manager though. Regardless of what the fans think, or how far backwards we go, he is here for the duration. The idea that Bowyer is some kind of noble saint who will fall on his sword when things get rough is a fallacy. 99.9% of us would wait to be pushed and take the pay-off - why should Bowyer be any different? Venkys will never remove so we are just going to have to hope that some miracle occurs in the meantime.

Look at how Mackay and Holloway are doing at their clubs. taking both clubs down to league 1.

Fulham had an very experience manager at the start of the season in Felix Magath and I said they would struggle at this level, and they have. I think Symons will be sack in the summer after reading some Fulham fans twitter posts and what they think of him.

• Backroom

I see the thread title has been desensitised. I guess one win every now and again will have that effect.

Funnily enough, I actually titled it "Gary Bowyer Discussion" because it's a thread to discuss Gary Bowyer. No agenda behind it, as I am very much in the camp of wanting him to leave.

Funnily enough, I actually titled it "Gary Bowyer Discussion" because it's a thread to discuss Gary Bowyer. No agenda behind it, as I am very much in the camp of wanting him to leave.

I note though that a senior FF member will be pleased that you did.

• Backroom

I'm in the frame of mind that I quite like him tofay maybe it's the big game feel kicking in but it's probably that I had a dream last night that I had a good old chat with him and he reassured me, either way my Bowyer our sentiment can be put aside for a day or two - hopefully till the end of the season when he steps aside for someone else to come in

Hopefully, Bowyer in for another season at least.

from what Kamy has said on twitter and previously on here in the last week that the owners(Mrs D ) have decide to stick with Bowyer as manager for next season.

I expect at least 1 key player to be sold like Gestede or Rhodes this summer. I would like Hanley to be sold but doubt anyone will be interest in him

I only expect 4 or 5 signings this summer tbh. Signing Baptiste and Spearing permanent, Pacey winger and striker. plus a replacement if either Gestede or Rhodes were sold in the summer.

would only re-sign Kilgallon, King(if he will) and Taylor from the players who are out of contract come this summer.

from what Kamy has said on twitter and previously on here in the last week that the owners(Mrs D ) have decide to stick with Bowyer as manager for next season.

I expect at least 1 key player to be sold like Gestede or Rhodes this summer. I would like Hanley to be sold but doubt anyone will be interest in him

I only expect 4 or 5 signings this summer tbh. Signing Baptiste and Spearing permanent, Pacey winger and striker. plus a replacement if either Gestede or Rhodes were sold in the summer.

would only re-sign Kilgallon, King(if he will) and Taylor from the players who are out of contract come this summer.

If that's the case then there is one family who wont be renewing their season tickets and that will mean over one thousand pounds of income less to venky's .

• Backroom

It's as expected very much an advert and mostly fair enough but we probably all could have done without this:

'Madam Desai has been outstanding,' said Bowyer.

Still can't blame him for wanting to keep his job, hopefully between now and the end of the season he does enough to shut us grumblers up and stop any doubt

Archived