BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Discussion

DE.

Point being missed as usual on here.

I spent months saying things could be worse than they currently are, and the majority held MaClaren/Clough up as the reason why we need a change.

The majority got it that completely wrong and that's the point I'm making, it's now getting swept under the table as an irrelevance!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly time and time again the Bowyer out brigade has put forward potential replacements that are bigger failures than Bowyer, MaClaren being the latest in a long line.

That's the point I was making Hasta and no amount of spin can change that fact.

All that said we need a change, of owners, Bowyer is nothing more than a side show.

Not sure McClaren is a bigger failure - after all a draw today and they'd have been in the playoffs. Also hasn't he also done well at a couple of other clubs - hard to call the guy a bigger failure than Bowyer - now that is spin.

Also there's a long line of managers who've been mentioned who HAVE proved to be better - Warburton getting Brentford into the playoffs when they know he's off - McCarthy, Greyson, Adkins - all have much better proven records than Bowyer. It's spin to try keeping him in a job when he's clearly failing and spouting off messages to Pune.

Agree with you we need to change the owners,but even under their shambolic leadership a better manager would've had us in a much more promising position, possbly even promoted.

Edit - just read your last reply - again they're a damn sight closer with McClaren than Clough...

Not sure McClaren is a bigger failure - after all a draw today and they'd have been in the playoffs.

There can't be ifs and buts after a 46 game season. The truth is that Derby deserve to finish 8th as much as we deserve to finish 9th. It doesn't matter where they were at 12.15pm or might have been come 2.30pm.

There can't be ifs and buts after a 46 game season. The truth is that Derby deserve to finish 8th as much as we deserve to finish 9th. It doesn't matter where they were at 12.15pm or might have been come 2.30pm.

Not sure I agree with that. As in there's a huge difference between finishing just outside the playoffs and never threatening it. It's all about the context of the club, the points totals etc. My main issue is saying McClaren is a bigger failure, which I'm not sure is the case. Actually my main issue is people looking to keep GB in a job. Not sure I'm explaining this very well but I take issue with McClaren's muck up absolving GB of his failure. Especially since imo, his failure is less.

Ten points ahead of us!

Ahh John Beck. A blast from the past, Goalkeepers were only allowed to kick from the floor to the touchlines, full-backs and centre halves were not allowed to shoot and players underwent heading practice daily.

Moyes was assistant under Gary Peters.

Quite right. I was mistaken but only in the detail. Both Peters and Moyes were heavily influenced by Beck's management thinking and attention to detail.

The vast majority of the Bowyer out brigade put McLaren and Derby forward as being the side we could be, you know who you are and you got it badly wrong.

Amen to that. Also BRFC under Bowyer BRFC took 4 points off Big Micks team. GB may be no Wenger but people on here need to add some perspective to their views.

..... but I'm not holding my breath on that. Too many painted themselves into their corner.

All we know is that Bowyer failed here with the promotion effort there is no evidence to prove any other manager would fail even if the signs point towards it.

I would wager we would have ended this season with more points with McLaren than bowyer

A hollow statement based on nothing but pure conjecture Tom....... and especially given that we just took 4 points off them.

Spot on Tom, and if Derby decide they no longer want McClaren, I'd take him over Bowyer in a flash.

Having said that, he'd probably have far too much sense to take the job after resigning from Forest

because of all the off the field cr*p with the owners/directors.

A better squad and a settled club with no crappy owners / directors ....... and yet he finished just one place above us. :!: Are you totally sure?

A better squad and a settled club with no crappy owners / directors ....... and yet he finished just one place above us. :!: Are you totally sure?

Absolutely !

At least he's got a CV that says he's got it in him to do well.

I don't see what Bowyer has at all.

The buck stops with managers so McLaren has failed. Seeing as this season was pitched as a race for the play offs and the tools at his disposal so has Bowyer. If he'd got us in there he would have taken an enormous amount of praise, even from some of his critics but it works both ways. The Bowyerites and those who contradictorily like to swing both ways about him have to man up and accept this :tu:

The Bowyerites and those who contradictorily like to swing both ways about him have to man up and except this :tu:

Or even accept it. And everyone else is going to have to man up and accept that come August 9th he'll still be the manager ... and to that end this thread may as well be locked come midnight tonight, and not opened again until that date.

• Backroom

A hollow statement based on nothing but pure conjecture Tom....... and especially given that we just took 4 points off them.

As is saying that McLaren would have failed here

Or even accept it. And everyone else is going to have to man up and accept that come August 9th he'll still be the manager ... and to that end this thread may as well be locked come midnight tonight, and not opened again until that date.

Wow a mistake, I got contradictorily right though :) Well done for taking the time out to correct me on that, you must be so proud !

By the way ..And ..? :) :)

I think you'll find Derby start with 0 points - the same as Rovers.

Clutching at the thinnest of straws there Parson. Despite their spectacular implosion Derby comfortably outperformed us all season and finished ten points ahead of us.

You might as well say Rotherham in 21st had as good a season as Wolves in 7th.

Clutching at the thinnest of straws there Parson. Despite their spectacular implosion Derby comfortably outperformed us all season and finished ten points ahead of us.

You might as well say Rotherham in 21st had as good a season as Wolves in 7th.

And Rotherham played us off the pitch at their place. Made us look like muppets.

As is saying that McClaren would have failed here

But he has failed at Derby who have the best squad in the league. Plus 3 quality PL loans in Ince, Bent and Lingard. Plus Jack Butland on loan for 3 months aswell. Do you agree?

And what?

And I think what he is pointing at - look what a experienced manager, investment in squad and a full ground have done for them! It's achieved one position in the league more.

Football ain't black and white! I think that many of us need to accept that more. We all think next year will be a big regression, but football is a crazy game.

Maybe losing a striker could help us control games by playing 451... Maybe we keep both because nobody will pay Raos price but have another inconsistent season!

Archived