BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Discussion

DE.

But he has failed at Derby who have the best squad in the league. Plus 3 quality PL loans in Ince, Bent and Lingard. Plus Jack Butland on loan for 3 months aswell

And Bowyer has failed here despite a twin pronged 20+ goal a piece strike force.

(Who, let's not forget, he kept splitting up for parts of the season!!)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottom line is that Derby will be on a level footing with the Rovers at the start of next season.

It's not the start that counts it's the end and we are three wins and a draw behind them. That's a lot.

It's not the start that counts it's the end and we are three wins and a draw behind them. That's a lot.

But the end result is still the same - both clubs not good enough to win promotion. Listening to McClaren after the game he admitted they deserved to finish 8th because they weren't good enough. Similarly the Rovers are where they deserve to be.

But the end result is still the same - both clubs not good enough to win promotion. Listening to McClaren after the game he admitted they deserved to finish 8th because they weren't good enough. Similarly the Rovers are where they deserve to be.

It's not the same no matter how many times you say it. It's 10 points different. By your logic Rotherham is just the same 21 points behind us.

Amen to that. Also BRFC under Bowyer BRFC took 4 points off Big Micks team. GB may be no Wenger but people on here need to add some perspective to their views.

..... but I'm not holding my breath on that. Too many painted themselves into their corner.

and off the Champions, Bournmouth. Interesting to note Big Mick has yet to beat Bowyer. Inconsistency is our big problem and the ability to self-destruct when we go ahead.

and off the Champions, Bournmouth. Interesting to note Big Mick has yet to beat Bowyer. Inconsistency is our big problem and the ability to self-destruct when we go ahead.

Interesting? No, not really. It'll happen next season when Bowyer doesn't have a strike force capable of bagging three goals every game to get a win or draw.

The fact is, he can't organise a defence, he's been bailed out more times this season by Gestede and Rhodes it's not even funny.

How many times have we had to bag three goals to get something from a game this season?

Bad defence, end of, and it stops with Bowyer and his team.

• Backroom

And I think what he is pointing at - look what a experienced manager, investment in squad and a full ground have done for them! It's achieved one position in the league more.

Football ain't black and white! I think that many of us need to accept that more. We all think next year will be a big regression, but football is a crazy game.

Maybe losing a striker could help us control games by playing 451... Maybe we keep both because nobody will pay Raos price but have another inconsistent season!

How does all of that equate to us being in as good of a position as them next season? We won't be, will we? Yes, we'll both start the season on 0 points... but I imagine they'll be in a lot better shape than us for the following campaign.

In two full seasons I think Bowyer has won 4 of 24 games against teams that have finished in the top 6.

That's consistent. Consistently poor.

if Bowyer is still running the show come pre-season then I'm well and truly out and it will be sayonara to football in general, I @#/? hate what the games become in this country.

Rubber dinghy for TJ !

if Bowyer is still running the show come pre-season then I'm well and truly out and it will be sayonara to football in general, I @#/? hate what the games become in this country.

Bit extreme. Bowyer isn't up to the job but we had worse in Kean.

Gary did a good job as caretaker, and did fairly well last season in stabilising us and shifting the squad around. But it's apparent that he can't learn from his mistakes, and that he can't take us forwards. He should be fired, immediately, and a new manager brought in to assess the situation before the summer. Unfortunately for us, this is certainly not what will happen.

Last season we lost 3-1 at Ipswich.

It's not the same no matter how many times you say it. It's 10 points different. By your logic Rotherham is just the same 21 points behind us.

Points make prizes Al, all three you mention win nothing, so it really is the same I'm afraid

Every time we achieved a ridicilous loss this season and Bowyer and some other fans urged for calm, urged to look at the positive side on things....tell me what is positive about Rovers finishing 9th this season. With a transfer embargo meaning 100% our good players will leave and we won't be able to replace them.

The real people who need to answer are those slimeballs called our "owners," but they've likely completely forgotten that ever owned a football club at this point.

Ask us again next season after we lose one or both of our forwards. We'll be wishing we'd finished 9th.

All we know is that Bowyer failed here with the promotion effort there is no evidence to prove any other manager would fail even if the signs point towards it.

I would wager we would have ended this season with more points with McLaren than bowyer

And I'll wager we wouldn't. See its easy, just no way of knowing is there so its easy to make ridiculous statements. The amazing thing with McClaren is his side got worse after he added better players on loan. Very strange.

Derby bottled it simple as that. Bigger the club, crowds etc then bigger the weight of expectation and pressure. We've seen it before with clubs who've done well all season then blown it. Nearly happened to us under Kenny, it wasn't the manager it was the players nerves. Players who've played well all season making uncharacteristic mistakes, strikers rushing chances in front of goal. Pressure simple as that.

Unless you are Gary Bowyer then its the manager and bog all to do with the players.

Whether McClaren has failed or not at Derby is completely irrelevant. GB has contrived to have a terrible season here with the luxury of a 40+ goal strikeforce imo.

And whatever disparaging comments you might make about Derby, they still finished out of sight in comparison to us.

Good post from USA earlier. The owners should make Warburton an offer he can't refuse to come here. No appointment is an absolute guarantee of success but if he could replicate Brentford's work ethic and style of play at Ewood I'd wager we'd be a lot closer to being successful next season than we have been this.

Spot on, again no guarantee he would succeed but just watching Brentford the few times I did was very enjoyable and would love to see us play that way.

I feel a lot if the criticism for Bowyer has been Ott but at the same time it just looks like he is not the man to take us forward.

Great post Rev. McClaren's failure makes not one jot of difference to the poor job Bowyer has done this season.

For those saying that we shouldn't sack Bowyer look at how McClaren turned out - the argument is fallacy on so many levels.

Firstly, unlike us, they've been in with a shout all season. For us the league season finished effectively in February - that's massive improvement on us.

Secondly today they could've still got into the playoffs but massively mucked up one game. Bowyer has been nowhere near one game costing us this season.

Thirdly for all talk of player value I'd warrant more of Derbys squad have increased in value than ours. Not that that's the marker, but I'm struggling to see why Derby's failure today makes Bowyer any more of a top manager or even a "keeper."

Fourthly if we're using hindsight well how about Warburton - knowing he's on the way out yet still keeping the players motivated and getting them into the playoffs. Comparisons show others are doing a much better job than GB.

Maybe we were wrong on McClaren being a good choice. But then he has only "just" missed out - as oppose to us not being at the races at all. He's had success with Boro and in Holland - all of which is infinitely more than Bowyer has done. Put simply I'd say Derby are progressing faster than us, and whilst today was a setback and failure for them, they're a lot further forward than us...

Being in with a shout? That's great but ultimately they have failed. I'd hazard a guess Derby fans aren't joyfully downing pints tonight revelling in the fact they were in with a shout until the last day. I'll bet it's harder to take than like us last season coming from the.pack to just miss out.

Great post Rev. McClaren's failure makes not one jot of difference to the poor job Bowyer has done this season.

For those saying that we shouldn't sack Bowyer look at how McClaren turned out - the argument is fallacy on so many levels.

Firstly, unlike us, they've been in with a shout all season. For us the league season finished effectively in February - that's massive improvement on us.

Secondly today they could've still got into the playoffs but massively mucked up one game. Bowyer has been nowhere near one game costing us this season.

Thirdly for all talk of player value I'd warrant more of Derbys squad have increased in value than ours. Not that that's the marker, but I'm struggling to see why Derby's failure today makes Bowyer any more of a top manager or even a "keeper."

Fourthly if we're using hindsight well how about Warburton - knowing he's on the way out yet still keeping the players motivated and getting them into the playoffs. Comparisons show others are doing a much better job than GB.

Maybe we were wrong on McClaren being a good choice. But then he has only "just" missed out - as oppose to us not being at the races at all. He's had success with Boro and in Holland - all of which is infinitely more than Bowyer has done. Put simply I'd say Derby are progressing faster than us, and whilst today was a setback and failure for them, they're a lot further forward than us...

Derby bottled it on the last day simple as.. Derby didn't have our strike force but have challenged all season we have been nowhere near.. OK we got into sixth for a few hours back in the autumn.. Time to throw the dice.. It's hypothetical suggesting names we won't know how it will pan out until a change is made Bowyers been here to long and is proving were not going to challenge under his leadership.. Ipswich far far weaker side than us made the play offs.. Can anyone actually say that any of the sides which made the play offs have better squads than Rovers have had at their disposal this season cos IMHO none of them are better

Being in with a shout? That's great but ultimately they have failed. I'd hazard a guess Derby fans aren't joyfully downing pints tonight revelling in the fact they were in with a shout until the last day. I'll bet it's harder to take than like us last season coming from the.pack to just miss out.

Derby bottled it on the last day simple as.. Derby didn't have our strike force but have challenged all season we have been nowhere near.. OK we got into sixth for a few hours back in the autumn.. Time to throw the dice.. It's hypothetical suggesting names we won't know how it will pan out until a change is made Bowyers been here to long and is proving were not going to challenge under his leadership.. Ipswich far far weaker side than us made the play offs.. Can anyone actually say that any of the sides which made the play offs have better squads than Rovers have had at their disposal this season cos IMHO none of them are better

Agree Derby bottled it. As posted earlier my complaints were to do with McClaren being a bigger failure than GB, us having just as good a season as Derby, and most of all the purpose of it - to excuse and keep Bowyer in a job. Was hoping to try answering some of those points - Rev did it a lot more succinctly though!

Archived