BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Discussion

DE.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's getting pathetic now it really is, even saying he'd like Ipswich to get into the play offs just before we play them in the last game of the season. I know some things are standard manager speak and you wouldn't expect him to slag them off or his own players but he's taking the @#/? now. Some things are just better left unsaid, most fans and the players themselves are bitterly disappointed at how this league season has panned out, not good enough are the words on most lips, not this goon though.

I'm beginning to think he's in some sort of religious cult were everyone in the world is nice to each other and life is always so sickeningly sweet. When you listen to other managers speak they tend to tell it like it is in a more forthright manner and have a more us and them attitude. Our guy would give his last rolo to anyone who wanted it.

Careful the word twisters will be on your case

In Venkyland: "optimism around the place"

In reality: £100m debt and I don't think there has been less optimism in the last 20 years.

And I'm so wrong to say his interviews are getting like k..n

So much brainwashing again from the venkygraph .

• Moderation Lead

Come on Abbey mate, give it a rest.

Mick McCarthy has done an unbelievable job because he's a good manager, something which bowyer isn't, I see he mentions player value again, its just another article aimed at the punatics, he clearly doesn't give a stuff about the fans, he just minding his own back

I wonder what the other play off contenders would make of GB's comments that he would "like Ipswich to get into the play offs"? I don't usually pay much attention to what managers say in Press conferences but that is almost tantamount to an admission that he won't be too bothered if we roll over and die tomorrow.

Very poor comments. He should be saying that whilst he admires McCarthy and whilst there's nothing at stake for us we'll be going all out to win tomorrow to be fair to the other sides in contention and to preserve the integrity of the League etc.

Come on Abbey mate, give it a rest.

I would but as soon as I post something I get called out and anyone who knows me knows I won't just take it .

It's like a certain one who makes TJ look normal they can't stop with the abuse . Time for a break again I reckon is fast approaching

I'd like to believe that Bowyer's heart is too much on his sleeve, rather than it being born of self preservation.

I think Bowyer is in need of some guidance on handling the media. Sometimes you just don't say everything you are thinking. Some of what he says occassionally has resonance but most is lost in his inherent over willingness to be too nice

I'd like to believe that Bowyer's heart is too much on his sleeve, rather than it being born of self preservation.

I think Bowyer is in need of some guidance on handling the media. Sometimes you just don't say everything you are thinking. Some of what he says occassionally has resonance but most is lost in his inherent over willingness to be too nice

Bowyer is, at times too honest for his own good. He says what he actually thinks and believes and, of course, saying what you believe is not going to make you popular with everyone. Personally, I don't have a problem with any manager saying what they think and reading the comments of managers in 'away' programmes this season they have all waxed lyrical about the job Gary has done at Ewood. I think manager's tend to stick together, particularly as most see the rest of the world against them.

The most telling point in that interview/article is this

"They have thrown away 27 points from winning positions and Bowyer will try to address that in the summer."

27 points plus our current 64 = 91

I.e. Champions before the season is over

Won't be the first time lol stick to beat and all that. They're in a minority though and they know it, all they have to do is glance around the home sections tomorrow or worst still first game next season if things carry on.

• Backroom

Bowyer is, at times too honest for his own good. He says what he actually thinks and believes and, of course, saying what you believe is not going to make you popular with everyone. Personally, I don't have a problem with any manager saying what they think and reading the comments of managers in 'away' programmes this season they have all waxed lyrical about the job Gary has done at Ewood. I think manager's tend to stick together, particularly as most see the rest of the world against them.

Sometimes. There are other times when his view of the match simply cannot be his true thoughts.

There's nothing malicious in Gary's words, like there used to be in Kean's, but I think some sound bytes are designed for Indian ears. Gary's not naive or stupid.

Most telling for me was his shift from doggedly defending the team, regardless of the performance, to suddenly criticising them over the past few weeks. There's a message there, for sure.

• Backroom

Or he's just been finally worn down by them DE and is privately miffed that FFP will prevent him from easily kicking out those he deems unfit?

He's brought them all in, so if he's miffed at anybody it should be himself! He's had two seasons with a decent Championship budget to get it right.

With the best will in the world managers can have 'some idea' of what a player is like before they buy them but you only truly know their character once you work with them for a period of time.

I am sure Bowyer now has private misgivings about some of them.

IF its honesty though he is crackers because there as been some right @#/? served up this season and he says it was good.

The LET are also getting tiresome in their insistence to refer to FFP in every Rovers article they put online even if it is totally irrelevant

The LT reporter is an Everton fan possibly friendly with scouse football agents..

He's learned to play the media side of the management game a good bit quicker than the on field stuff I think it's fair to say.

Wonder where he got that from

Again, one article and this place is in uproar.

I read it twice to make sure I'm not missing anything... WHAT HAS HE SAID THATS SO ANNOYING!!!!

I just clearly don't get it. I'm gonna ignore the usual sort who clearly have no memory at all, the "Kean comparers"...

Essentially though, what is the sodding problem? I've had to read lots of you wax lyrical about jobs other managers are doing e.g Mick Mc.... Why is it completely disgusting when he does it?

It's like we hold Bournemouth as a measuring stick for how we've underachieved, yet when anyone mentions Wigan as a comparison, it's a waste of time!

Again, one article and this place is in uproar.

I read it twice to make sure I'm not missing anything... WHAT HAS HE SAID THATS SO ANNOYING!!!!

I just clearly don't get it. I'm gonna ignore the usual sort who clearly have no memory at all, the "Kean comparers"...

Essentially though, what is the sodding problem? I've had to read lots of you wax lyrical about jobs other managers are doing e.g Mick Mc.... Why is it completely disgusting when he does it?

It's like we hold Bournemouth as a measuring stick for how we've underachieved, yet when anyone mentions Wigan as a comparison, it's a waste of time!

I think quite a few think we have not progressed as we should maybe have this season,

This is a remarkable stat from the article

"They have thrown away 27 points from winning positions and Bowyer will try to address that in the summer."

That would translate into

27 points plus our current 64 = 91

I.e. Champions before the season is over

Doesn't that point to progress in some way though Yoda? How many points dropped from winning positions the season before?

Nobody here can argue; GB uses far too many superlatives but I'd say the same about lots of managers.

Doesn't that point to progress in some way though Yoda? How many points dropped from winning positions the season before?

Nobody here can argue; GB uses far too many superlatives but I'd say the same about lots of managers.

I don't think at least 3 points less than last season and one position lower is progress in a results orientated business

Archived