SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Discussion

DE.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Is puzzling is their intentions.

Why accept losing money over fist week after week, without any sense of setting targets, and seemingly without any thoughts of actually investing in proven quality?

Why give 3 of your managers a matter of weeks to perform, then 2 others seemingly an open ongoing remit? Why continue down a route of employing non-proven managers, given the lack of success?

Why state your aim is PL football, then accept mediocrity?

At 99.9% of football clubs these questions need no answers, unfortunately we do.

I totally agree, their intentions are baffling. None of the decisions they make seem to fall in line with one train of thought or another.

We all want answers but they won't give us any.

Unfortunately Gav they aren't a well run club behind the scenes got some major problems.. DW still owns but no longer chairman

Yes I've seen you post that before, but I'd wager even now they're 10 times better run that we are.

Yes I've seen you post that before, but I'd wager even now they're 10 times better run that we are.

Most likely but all isn't what it seems at Wigan they dispensed with their chief scouts started to use agents advice more.. An aging ailing DW and a young grandson in charge leaving an opening for people with hidden agendas if you get my drift certain members of coaching staff still in place after 3 managers etc

Most likely but all isn't what it seems at Wigan they dispensed with their chief scouts started to use agents advice more.. An aging ailing DW and a young grandson in charge leaving an opening for people with hidden agendas if you get my drift certain members of coaching staff still in place after 3 managers etc

Although the chief executive at Wigan is a decent bloke and a Wiganer through and through. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull through all this and emerge stronger, although that might depend on how much of a hands-on role the grandson wants.

Although the chief executive at Wigan is a decent bloke and a Wiganer through and through. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull through all this and emerge stronger, although that might depend on how much of a hands-on role the grandson wants.

got told off a very very good source changes at boardroom level are being made there...

What Is puzzling is their intentions.

Why accept losing money over fist week after week, without any sense of setting targets, and seemingly without any thoughts of actually investing in proven quality?

Why give 3 of your managers a matter of weeks to perform, then 2 others seemingly an open ongoing remit? Why continue down a route of employing non-proven managers, given the lack of success?

Why state your aim is PL football, then accept mediocrity?

At 99.9% of football clubs these questions need no answers, unfortunately we do.

what are their aims intentions ????? we've been through this many times and cant think up any logical answers or reasons unless it's for something we'd dare not know............

got told off a very very good source changes at boardroom level are being made there...

what are their aims intentions ????? we've been through this many times and cant think up any logical answers or reasons unless it's for something we'd dare not know............

i give it one more season before something gives, then again, we said that for the last 3 or so years and nothing remotely wants to give. One thing we desperately need, and that is if we cant get rid of Venkys now, then somehow we need to see the back of Shaw. IMO, he is somebody who is not capable of running this club on a day to day basis. We really need to hope that somehow Venkys manages to realise this(not going to happen is it) , and get rid of him.

Just leave Chaddy alone Al and we'll all live happily ever after, simple really.

Or you could just keep your nose out. He is well capable of looking after himself and doesn't need a minder. Second thoughts suit yourself I don't give a smelly one what you think or post. Simple really.

If I don't agree with what he says I have the right to challenge it. You never hesitate to challenge me or anybody else do you?

It is quite a pertinent question Al.

Sorry Theno but it's what they all trot out when they want to defend the current manager against change. It is not for the supporters to choose the next manager but we have a right not to be satisfied with the current one.

Or you could just keep your nose out. He is well capable of looking after himself and doesn't need a minder. Second thoughts suit yourself I don't give a smelly one what you think or post. Simple really.

If I don't agree with what he says I have the right to challenge it. You never hesitate to challenge me or anybody else do you?

:lol:

I can't think what's gone wrong at Wigan. Rather ironic that a club with a genuine fan / millionaire benefactor as an owner is relegated before a club owned by clueless and perhaps malicious Indian owners.

Sorry Theno but it's what they all trot out when they want to defend the current manager against change. It is not for the supporters to choose the next manager but we have a right not to be satisfied with the current one.

Added to the fact that loads of names have been mentioned! Realistic successful names, and some ambitious ones too, as well as some who look like a gamble. All of which shows there are managers out there who could do a job IF the owners actually bothered with a decent recruitment process.

It is quite a pertinent question Al.

It isn't. It's nonsense. There are so many variables we are simply not privy to. I can't be bothered listing them, but Mustard started you off. The fact of the matter is this is Blackburn Rovers football club and there are many professionals who would be proud and excited to come here as manager. And earn thousands every week. Even with the morons in charge.

What about Evans at Rotherham, done a fantastic job, real passion, would be perfect for rovers, kick some of these players up the arse,

Said today he's committed to Rotherham for next season when asked if he was genuinely in the running for the Peterborough job. Right club wrong time were his words. He wants at some point to manage posh. Now whether he could be tempted to our club is a different matter. Has 9 promotions on his cv

It isn't. It's nonsense. There are so many variables we are simply not privy to. I can't be bothered listing them, but Mustard started you off. The fact of the matter is this is Blackburn Rovers football club and there are many professionals who would be proud and excited to come here as manager. And earn thousands every week. Even with the morons in charge.

Yes it is. This is a message board where people come to give their opinions. Why not give us yours rather than an airy fairy 'many professionals'.

Yes it is. This is a message board where people come to give their opinions. Why not give us yours rather than an airy fairy 'many professionals'.

Simply because none of us know who might be available and the professionals should.

What job is that Shaun? We have a manager, assistant, coaches etc. All doing a pretty decent job thus far.

Really ?

I think the lot of them are mediocre at best who would struggle to get employment elsewhere. IMV, Ewood now an 'old pals' network' all enjoying being on the 'gravy train'.

Archived