BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Discussion

DE.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley & quite a few of those above us have brought in players with consistency in this league for little outlay.

Marshall we paid around a million for, I doubt you would get anyone to give you more than that for him.

Cairney is a good footballer, but you can't fit him in a team, too slow to play wide, to lightweight to play centrally.

Baptiste - done well, but he's hardly a find when he's played for 2 clubs in this league.

Gestede to me remains the exception rather than the rule.

burnley have made 3 good appointments in quick succession, they're seeing the rewards of that now.

We are just a shambles.

Like I said, maybe another manager will show those players to be better than we're seeing at the moment, time will tell.

burnley have made 3 good appointments in quick succession, they're seeing the rewards of that now.

We are just a shambles.

Like I said, maybe another manager will show those players to be better than we're seeing at the moment, time will tell.

Im sure a good manager would set us up differently, and be able to get more out of the current set of players. However, my point is more that I keep hearing this spiel about GB being able to pick a player, yet IMO the evidence doesn't back that up.

Beyond that, even if his record was amazing, how many Gestedes would GB have to find to cover our weekly losses? That is why we needed to employ the right man when he was appointed (and obviously before Kean etc).

In terms of the broader debate, to me the choice is die a slow death under Bowyer, or change. That change may result in a quicker death, but it may also bring about a change. Obviously you can mitigate that risk by bringing in proven people, but Id be lying if I thought that was a given. Do you want a managed decline, or take a chance? I could be wrong and next season GB gets us promoted, but there's little evidence in the past 24 months to suggest he can.

If we don't finish in the top 6 next season, then I think it's time that Bowyer leaves. Credit to him, because I know he tries his best, but he's just not up for the job in my opinion.

U started all this Chris when u had a pop at me for no reason as u do with every other poster

I might have a point since 'u' can't seem to correspond in English. I have a pop at those that deserve it ('IMO' eh Miseryman?) I have apologised a couple of times when I've acknowledged being wrong or over the top. I have had a few pops at you because you have been quite aggressive in your anti Rovers agenda. If I've been out of order, point me to the post and, if I agree, I'll apologise.

Grief! How funny is that post?

Those words can and could never ever belong in the same sentence as the name Paul Ince. Are you on strong medication? Do you not recall that disastrous Press conference with JW?

Medication? Sorry, I know I've been pushing you over whether you'd employ Bowyer with your own money. I'm enjoying it the more you avoid it.

However if your going to be silly, at least be accurate. Firstly those words didn't appear in any sentence of mine with the words Paul ince.

Secondly, the fact he did badly here, his Celtic and ladies football comments, his shoot comment etc shouldn't disguise the fact he was a top player at the highest level for years. I find it a tad basic and disrespectful to simply say he's carp like it means something. If you don't think It takes those ingredients plus many more to achieve what Ince achieved in his career, I'm talking football with a fool. In fact the reason I'm pushing you is to help you form some opinions. You cherry pick a word or a phrase or point then try and ridicule. Not sure why, when just making noise.

Anyway would you employ Bowyer if it was your own money? Did Dave Whelan get back to you?

If we don't finish in the top 6 next season, then I think it's time that Bowyer leaves. Credit to him, because I know he tries his best, but he's just not up for the job in my opinion.

It's this kind of mentality holding us back. This is Blackburn Rovers Football Club. Tries his best? Get someone who gets results.

I agree with what you've just said, I just gave the manager some credit. Doesnt mean to say I'd keep him for any longer than one more season. If we're in this same position this time next year it's definitely time for him to move on.

If you don't think he's the right man and v you're confident you can get better them you have to bon asap. Don't compound the error by keeping him on.

Fair enough, it's just that I personally would be happy to have have stay for one more season, just in case he got us into the play offs. No more than that though, if we didn't. I certainly agree that he does have to go sooner or later.

Simon Grayson, Gary Flitcroft, Dean Smith, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Karl Robinson, Nigel Adkins, Gareth Ainsworth, Graeme Souness(tho I don't think he would work for Venkys tbh)

but at the end of the day we have manager and there is no vacancy.

Thanks for sharing your info

Bit random that chaddy. For a start David Flitcroft has managed at a much higher level than Gary and is currently pushing Bury toward promotion. Surely he's in front of their Gary?

btw DF was interviewed on TV this morning and came out with something which might be pertinent to this debate. He said 'Some Managers aim at winning matches, and some Managers aim at not losing matches. I am in the first category'.

I might have a point since 'u' can't seem to correspond in English. I have a pop at those that deserve it ('IMO' eh Miseryman?) I have apologised a couple of times when I've acknowledged being wrong or over the top. I have had a few pops at you because you have been quite aggressive in your anti Rovers agenda. If I've been out of order, point me to the post and, if I agree, I'll apologise.

What's the point in posts like this? if people want to engage in ego driven spats then do it by PM so the rest of us don't need to see it. This doesn't mentionGB once so why put it on this thread? Not just you by the way but this is a prime example.

• Moderation Lead

What's the point in posts like this? if people want to engage in ego driven spats then do it by PM so the rest of us don't need to see it. This doesn't mentionGB once so why put it on this thread? Not just you by the way but this is a prime example.

I agree, it's properly boring. I actually saw a post above saying 'you started it'. Good grief.

However if your going to be silly, at least be accurate. Firstly those words didn't appear in any sentence of mine with the words Paul ince.

Really then who did you mean when you wrote this?

"However as a former player for United, Liverpool and Inter Milan (I think), former International and national team Captain, then at least his CV suggested he has experience of the game at a high level. I can understand if interviewing with charisma, confidence, belief and personality why he may have been given the gig with his track record as a player and relative success at MK Dons."

:lol:

Secondly, the fact he did badly here, his Celtic and ladies football comments, his shoot comment etc shouldn't disguise the fact he was a top player at the highest level for years. I find it a tad basic and disrespectful to simply say he's carp like it means something. If you don't think It takes those ingredients plus many more to achieve what Ince achieved in his career, I'm talking football with a fool. In fact the reason I'm pushing you is to help you form some opinions. You cherry pick a word or a phrase or point then try and ridicule. Not sure why, when just making noise.

If you think top players automatically make top managers then you are the fool. Best players these islands have produced in the last 50 years were Gazza and George Best. Don't rem them cutting it in management. Plain as a pikestaff to me that Ince wasn't management material as I said as soon as he was linked with us.... not 6 games in or however long it took you.

Looks like a bunch of quotes mostly lifted from this website.

It is, I recognise a few of those comments including one of mine about Rhodes. Even the Tractor Boys say we are 'downbeat'!

• Backroom

Yeah, I counted 3 or 4 of my quotes in there too :lol: careful what you post, folks, you never know where it may end up... I remember the Mirror lifting some of my posts a couple of years back for an article on Steve Kean quotes. I never did get any royalties.

Gary Bowyer - "Mick McCarthy has shown what a real manager can do with a squad" (Implied)

And he even has time to get in an appeal to Pune and show he's a bit out of touch with the way fans are feeling. I'm sure if asked the fanbase would be split on both progress and optimism

“But when we first came in to where we are now – with two top-10 finishes, the changeover of the squad, and optimism around the place – then that’s progress.”

Gary Bowyer - "Mick McCarthy has shown what a real manager can do with a squad" (Implied)

And he even has time to get in an appeal to Pune and show he's a bit out of touch with the way fans are feeling. I'm sure if asked the fanbase would be split on both progress and optimism

“But when we first came in to where we are now – with two top-10 finishes, the changeover of the squad, and optimism around the place – then that’s progress.”

It's getting pathetic now it really is, even saying he'd like Ipswich to get into the play offs just before we play them in the last game of the season. I know some things are standard manager speak and you wouldn't expect him to slag them off or his own players but he's taking the @#/? now. Some things are just better left unsaid, most fans and the players themselves are bitterly disappointed at how this league season has panned out, not good enough are the words on most lips, not this goon though.

I'm beginning to think he's in some sort of religious cult were everyone in the world is nice to each other and life is always so sickeningly sweet. When you listen to other managers speak they tend to tell it like it is in a more forthright manner and have a more us and them attitude. Our guy would give his last rolo to anyone who wanted it.

Archived