BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Discussion

DE.

Doesn't that point to progress in some way though Yoda? How many points dropped from winning positions the season before?

Nobody here can argue; GB uses far too many superlatives but I'd say the same about lots of managers.

If Gaz said that he'd deffo be marked down as keanesqe :)

We are ok then, drop 29 next season and we are moving in the right direction !

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Essentially though, what is the sodding problem?

Apart from the fact that most of our players could and probably will move on to teams above us whilst we spend a whole 2 seasons never even making a meaningful claim for a play off place?... I'd say thats the problem. Add to the fact the ridiculous amount of times the fans have been told 'it takes time' over the since he took over.

Bournemouth are the yardstick because it shows you what good management and organisation can achieve, I bet Rhodes is worth more than their whole squad. Wigan aren't comparable because they sold Mccmanaman and James Mccarthur whilst we've somehow been stubborn enough to keep our best 2 players.

We get that you like Gaz but where's your want of ambition for us? I find it astounding there are so many people still being plain ignorant to the facts.

Apart from the fact that most of our players could and probably will move on to teams above us whilst we spend a whole 2 seasons never even making a meaningful claim for a play off place?... I'd say thats the problem. Add to the fact the ridiculous amount of times the fans have been told 'it takes time' over the since he took over.

Bournemouth are the yardstick because it shows you what good management and organisation can achieve, I bet Rhodes is worth more than their whole squad. Wigan aren't comparable because they sold Mccmanaman and James Mccarthur whilst we've somehow been stubborn enough to keep our best 2 players.

We get that you like Gaz but where's your want of ambition for us? I find it astounding there are so many people still being plain ignorant to the facts.

Plus what has happened to all the "lets see where we are at the end of the season before we judge GB"

Again, one article and this place is in uproar.

I read it twice to make sure I'm not missing anything... WHAT HAS HE SAID THATS SO ANNOYING!!!!

I just clearly don't get it. I'm gonna ignore the usual sort who clearly have no memory at all, the "Kean comparers"...

Essentially though, what is the sodding problem? I've had to read lots of you wax lyrical about jobs other managers are doing e.g Mick Mc.... Why is it completely disgusting when he does it?

It's like we hold Bournemouth as a measuring stick for how we've underachieved, yet when anyone mentions Wigan as a comparison, it's a waste of time!

He's talking nonsense.

Can you explain exactly what progress have we made in the past 12 months, and why he's talking about player value?

As for comments about wanting Ipswich to get in the playoffs, well there are some things you shouldn't say in advance of games, it gives the impression that he's happy not to win tomorrow.

He's talking nonsense.

Can you explain exactly what progress have we made in the past 12 months, and why he's talking about player value?

As for comments about wanting Ipswich to get in the playoffs, well there are some things you shouldn't say in advance of games, it gives the impression that he's happy not to win tomorrow.

talking of player value can be translated into many interpretations....

scouse agents rubbing their hands

I think quite a few think we have not progressed as we should maybe have this season,

This is a remarkable stat from the article

"They have thrown away 27 points from winning positions and Bowyer will try to address that in the summer."

That would translate into

27 points plus our current 64 = 91

I.e. Champions before the season is over

Somethings wrong of course with our defending a lead but it really needs to balanced with points gained from losing positions to give a true picture.

Somethings wrong of course with our defending a lead but it really needs to balanced with points gained from losing positions to give a true picture.

I am waiting with baited breadth

Life's too short.

Also I find there's always some statto lurking around here who'll do it for me. ;)

You are right of course, surprised some one has not come up with the answer yet,

Maybe it does not look good !

Isn't there anyone who posts here who can bend the Venks ear to give Warburton a long hard look.

Surely this lot can be motivated by the prem millions and how it might be better to be banking 2m a month instead of losing it. Business being business, pot the nice man and start running the business. Or is personal loyalty worth 2 million month.

burnley have made 3 good appointments in quick succession, they're seeing the rewards of that now.

We are just a shambles.

Like I said, maybe another manager will show those players to be better than we're seeing at the moment, time will tell.

3? Howe so?

Isn't there anyone who posts here who can bend the Venks ear to give Warburton a long hard look.

Surely this lot can be motivated by the prem millions and how it might be better to be banking 2m a month instead of losing it. Business being business, pot the nice man and start running the business. Or is personal loyalty worth 2 million month.

3? Howe so?

Difference between Warburton and Bowyer ???

I can't see one apart from , Warburton inherited a team from Rosler capable of making a promotion push .

We have to be careful we don't fall into the trap of craving experience only to then give a mixed message that it's ok to appoint someone with less experience than our current manager , who is living on the back of Rosler's legacy

I can't see one apart from , Warburton inherited a team from Rosler capable of making a promotion push .

We have to be careful we don't fall into the trap of craving experience only to then give a mixed message that it's ok to appoint someone with less experience than our current manager , who is living on the back of Rosler's legacy

Indeed but I did like the refreshing aspect of some of Brentford's 'thinking'. Free kick routines and the 3 forwards on the half way line for one of our corners especially. It reminded me somewhat of the innovation credited to John Beck at Cambridge Utd. Remember Beck worked wonders with a small unfashionable club of very limited financial resources and took them within a whisker of the Premier League in '91. He was the flavour of the month back then with many experts BUT after a poor start the next season he was unceremoniously sacked (another similarity to Warburton perhaps? :huh: ). Next stop was PNE where he subsequently bombed again, but only after passing his mind set on to his assistant manager David Moyes. The rest of Beck's career highlighted that despite his undoubted invention that he was just a 'one season wonder' whose innovation was soon sussed but who had been lucky enough to have had John Taylor and Dion Dublin together in the same team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Beck_%28footballer%29

Brendan Rogers lived on the back of martinez's legacy at Swansea and hes done all right in his career

.................... Only until Suarez left and rem he inherited him from Kenny.

I disagree. Warburton has Brentford playing in a completely different way to Rosler. He cleverly identified a way of play which is different from Rosler. And David Weir and Frank McParland deserve great credit too.

Indeed but I did like the refreshing aspect of some of Brentford's 'thinking'. Free kick routines and the 3 forwards on the half way line for one of our corners especially. It reminded me somewhat of the innovation credited to John Beck at Cambridge Utd. Remember Beck worked wonders with a small unfashionable club of very limited financial resources and took them within a whisker of the Premier League in '91. He was the flavour of the month back then with many experts BUT after a poor start the next season he was unceremoniously sacked (another similarity to Warburton perhaps? :huh: ). Next stop was PNE where he subsequently bombed again, but only after passing his mind set on to his assistant manager David Moyes. The rest of Beck's career highlighted that despite his undoubted invention that he was just a 'one season wonder' whose innovation was soon sussed but who had been lucky enough to have had John Taylor and Dion Dublin together in the same team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Beck_%28footballer%29

.................... Only until Suarez left and rem he inherited him from Kenny.

Ahh John Beck. A blast from the past, Goalkeepers were only allowed to kick from the floor to the touchlines, full-backs and centre halves were not allowed to shoot and players underwent heading practice daily.

Moyes was assistant under Gary Peters.

we also have to be careful of falling in to the trap of appointing someone like Souness who hasn't managed for years and doesn't have anywhere near the quality of player at his disposal than he did when he got us promoted last time...or the money to improve the squad. Warburton has done a terrific job at Brentford, if he was riding on Roslers coat tails he wouldn't have been challenging for the play-offs and Rosler wouldn't have been sacked by Wigan. A bit simplistic but you get my drift.

• Backroom

When we played Brentford the difference in approach was night and day - I personally don't think that was down to the players but the style and mentality.

They are brave and go for the jugular, one thing summed it up for me, we kicked off, passed it back to the edge of the circle and then booted it as far as we could out of play. Later they had a centre and as soon as the ball was touched about 6 players advanced in a tight passing move.

Warburton may not be the be all and end all but he has a refreshing approach to the game.

Difference? Just have to watch the two teams play.

Thats just not true. He inherited a team that had been promoted and the main difference between him and Bowyer is that he has shown he knows how to motivate a team enough to make a meaningful playoff push... All in 1 season might I add, 2 years down the line and we're still waiting with Bowyer.

Anyone who wouldn't want Warburton is absolutely out of their minds. No brainer.

Can just add that Cambridge made the second division play offs in 92 and not 91. We all know the significance of that season given it was a pretty pivotal moment!!! Cambridge were a horrible horrible side to watch. Becks brand of playing makes Fat Sam look like a exponent of tika-taka. They finished 6 points off promotion and got annihilated by Leicester in the playoffs 6-1. Though a remarkable achievement for Cambridge they were relegated the following season and Beck was sacked.

Every time we achieved a ridicilous loss this season and Bowyer and some other fans urged for calm, urged to look at the positive side on things....tell me what is positive about Rovers finishing 9th this season. With a transfer embargo meaning 100% our good players will leave and we won't be able to replace them.

The real people who need to answer are those slimeballs called our "owners," but they've likely completely forgotten that ever owned a football club at this point.

Every time we achieved a ridicilous loss this season and Bowyer and some other fans urged for calm, urged to look at the positive side on things....tell me what is positive about Rovers finishing 9th this season. With a transfer embargo meaning 100% our good players will leave and we won't be able to replace them.

*insert something about Appleton/Berg & stability*

Archived