BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Discussion

DE.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An enlightening post written by someone else? Sounds about right. Your snappy little one liners don't enlighten much thats for sure. I cannot see how you can possibly enjoy visiting here based on the irritation you constantly show to other posts and posters. Why not take a breather until your a bit more settled and relaxed about things?

I don't aim to enlighten. I'm miles from home and and not in a position to offer opinion on performances or behind the scene goings on. I read the forum in order to keep myself informed but despite, the ignore function, I find that I can't get through two or more posts without reading the same tired rhetoric. It does get me a bit tetchy. The irritation is aimed at a few posters who deserve my 'snappy little one liners'. The ones who try and close down anyone who disagrees and grind away at the rest of the board.

I'm not sure who rattled your cage but when I want advice on what I enjoy and don't enjoy I won't be asking you. You aren't the first to tell me to sling my hook on here and, until you are a moderator, I'll be taking no notice of you as well.

He might have been the catalyst for the glory days coming back, he might have brought harry kane just before he made it big.....but we have to stick with Mr. Bowyer and his mid table mind-fucck

Serious?

I don't aim to enlighten. I'm miles from home and and not in a position to offer opinion on performances or behind the scene goings on. I read the forum in order to keep myself informed but despite, the ignore function, I find that I can't get through two or more posts without reading the same tired rhetoric. It does get me a bit tetchy. The irritation is aimed at a few posters who deserve my 'snappy little one liners'. The ones who try and close down anyone who disagrees and grind away at the rest of the board.

I'm not sure who rattled your cage but when I want advice on what I enjoy and don't enjoy I won't be asking you. You aren't the first to tell me to sling my hook on here and, until you are a moderator, I'll be taking no notice of you as well.

do you need a man hug dude?

No, not serious, but I think there would just be more excitement with someone like TS in charge.

Excitement.. You mean like when we "craved excitement" like the WHU fans are right now?

For all the things that need sorting at Ewood- offering a total brand of football is way down the list. How about someone giving us an inkling about the actual direction the owners want to go in?

Wait a second Mercerman, Sherwood was wanted by Rovers twice when Shebby was here. He was offered the manager job and turned it down. He stayed at Spurs and got a pay rise and took over there as Manager.

Sherwood has done a very good at Villa.

What Championship clubs was he linked to? Only know of Brighton.

Palace and WBA had interviews with him but both didn't appoint him as manager. Wonder why?

He didn't just turn it down he walked out the interview at the point where he was told by Shebby and Co that they'd provide the players... Fair play to Tim and well done yesterday

Fair enough.

No-one rattled my cage Chris, and please do not think I am advising you to leave as that is not the case at all. I have just been watching grown blokes niggle away constantly with little soundbites saying little for weeks on end and wondered what they got from it. Like you say you get a bit tetchy and I had noticed :)

Tired rhetoric? It's only tired if you do not agree.

Info for E.I.T. from The Guardian:

Newcastle United’s sixth straight defeat of an increasingly acrimonious campaign was sustained in front of their smallest crowd of the season on Sunday as supporters heeded calls to boycott the 3-1 defeat against Tottenham Hotspur at St James’ Park.

Aggrieved at Mike Ashley’s failure to invest part of his considerable cash reservesin an alarmingly slender, currently injury-ravaged squad, around 500 Newcastle fans demonstrated against the club’s owner in nearby Leazes Park before kick-off. Although the official attendance was announced as 47,427 at a ground customarily filled to 52,000 capacity it appears all season ticket holders were automatically included regardless of whether they actually turned up. Certainly the amount of empty seats in the stands seemed more indicative of a figure somewhat closer to the 40,000 mark.

so insults are now about granddads ...bet you are a bundle of fun in the pub. Bet you've tasted cue a few times...

Now we're getting down to it!

Fair enough.

No-one rattled my cage Chris, and please do not think I am advising you to leave as that is not the case at all. I have just been watching grown blokes niggle away constantly with little soundbites saying little for weeks on end and wondered what they got from it. Like you say you get a bit tetchy and I had noticed :)

Tired rhetoric? It's only tired if you do not agree.

Fair enough.

Info for E.I.T. from The Guardian:

Newcastle United’s sixth straight defeat of an increasingly acrimonious campaign was sustained in front of their smallest crowd of the season on Sunday as supporters heeded calls to boycott the 3-1 defeat against Tottenham Hotspur at St James’ Park.

Aggrieved at Mike Ashley’s failure to invest part of his considerable cash reservesin an alarmingly slender, currently injury-ravaged squad, around 500 Newcastle fans demonstrated against the club’s owner in nearby Leazes Park before kick-off. Although the official attendance was announced as 47,427 at a ground customarily filled to 52,000 capacity it appears all season ticket holders were automatically included regardless of whether they actually turned up. Certainly the amount of empty seats in the stands seemed more indicative of a figure somewhat closer to the 40,000 mark.

Yet when we did it we were wrong. Not only criticised by the press and media but by our fellow supporters too.

So effectively...... They want the club to spend more money on the team. They are the countries best supporters. Simple answer is to Double the admission charges. Everyones a winner then aren't they?

Our last two games kind of sum up where I believe we are as a club now. We have been in the lead five times and only ended up with two points. There are no generals on the field who would effectively direct things to ensure we got all the points and we certainly have no leadership on the sidelines who could do this by changing things. We are drifting along when it needs somebody to take this club by the scruff of the neck and give it a good shake. A massive overhaul is needed on and off the field and we need people in charge (on and off he field) who accept where we are but can win games by being ugly and professional. In my opinion this attitude costs very little but sadly we have none of these characters.

Sadly the Indians don't have the nous to do anything about this. We will meander along with the likes of Bowyer and his inept coaches, Shaw and people of his ilk and a plethora of players with no winning mentality.

Excitement.. You mean like when we "craved excitement" like the WHU fans are right now?

For all the things that need sorting at Ewood- offering a total brand of football is way down the list. How about someone giving us an inkling about the actual direction the owners want to go in?

The owners dont even know what direction they want to go in................everything so frustrating Rovers wise from a fans point of view at the moment

He didn't just turn it down he walked out the interview at the point where he was told by Shebby and Co that they'd provide the players... Fair play to Tim and well done yesterday

Not 100% sure on this but I think that was Holloway not Sherwood Athlete.

Yet when we did it we were wrong. Not only criticised by the press and media but by our fellow supporters too.

So effectively...... They want the club to spend more money on the team. They are the countries best supporters. Simple answer is to Double the admission charges. Everyones a winner then aren't they?

They're different though Gordon because they get 50k each week, once had Jackie Milburn, Gazza and Alan Shearer playing for them, salt of the earth, all the lads and lasses and win things on a regular basis......

oh hang on a minute :glare:

Makes you bloody sick it does :angry2:

Not 100% sure on this but I think that was Holloway not Sherwood Athlete.

I was actually told it was both of them more or less same reason of which not many managers will allow...Apparently Sven worked under that structure at City when a certain agency brought in the players...but SGE never had any morals I remember him reneging on Rovers

I'm at a pain to even think what direction where going in at the moment and if season ticket prices do rise the only postive thing of decent priced ST's will have gone out the window as well

I was actually told it was both of them more or less same reason of which not many managers will allow...Apparently Sven worked under that structure at City when a certain agency brought in the players...but SGE never had any morals I remember him reneging on Rovers

I'm at a pain to even think what direction where going in at the moment and if season ticket prices do rise the only postive thing of decent priced ST's will have gone out the window as well

Yes it wouldn't suprise me.

Surely the only reason to insist on such a scheme would be to line your own pockets :rock: not that it would have been the case here I'm sure :(

As for direction, we simply don't have one, but down would be a good guess.

I cannot think of 1 reason for Venkys to still be here, not 1, yet they remain lurking in the shadows paying the clubs running costs.

WHY?

Yes it wouldn't suprise me.

Surely the only reason to insist on such a scheme would be to line your own pockets :rock: not that it would have been the case here I'm sure :(

As for direction, we simply don't have one, but down would be a good guess.

I cannot think of 1 reason for Venkys to still be here, not 1, yet they remain lurking in the shadows paying the clubs running costs.

WHY?

The WHY Gav is the million dollar question Why? Wish we knew

Archived