BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Discussion

DE.

Bowyerettes? How childish and antagonistic. Sherwood may have been linked with championship clubs but if he wanted to manage one then why didn't he? maybe because he was waiting for a Prem job? I'm sure he's gutted he missed out on managing our crackpot club!

As for the rest: Grealish only played because Agbonlahor was injured, Raya played against Leeds, and if it's 'charmless and negative' you're after then check out your own posts.

more goading? have a day off.

Only because Eastwood was injured and Rovers therefore wouldn't risk Steele only days before Liverpool replay.

Hope you are getting paid for the ongoing Rovers' spin that you peddle.

can nobody see that there is a gulf in the personalities of Bowyer and Sherwood? It's obvious who would make the better manager. Title winning captain, rovers legend, lots of charm and charisma.......record of bringing top kids into the first team.

both have the same experience, academy managers.....

Who would you go for if both these chaps walked into your office for interview.......? Who would inspire you in the first 5 minutes of meeting them?

Nail on head.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shebby wanted Sherwood (he was his first choice) and he kept him hanging for weeks after Kean was sacked (that it why it took us so long to get a replacement in) Shebby waited and waited. Sherwood used Rovers interest to get better terms at Spurs, same happened again when Berg was sacked but this time the owners stepped in and appointed Appleton.

Sherwood after he left Spurs would never have dropped down to the Championship, clubs like Forest tried to get him but he turned them all down. He was prepared to wait for the right PL opportunity, he even turned some PL clubs down. He is very clever, him taking on Villa as late as he did is a "win win" situation for him, if he saves them his reputation is further enhanced, if they go down then he has the get out of him to few games to save them.

I was very impressed with how he got it right tactically against Liverpool yesterday, it does show that is far more than just a good motivator.

Let's nail this.

There was too much 'dancing round the handbags stuff' from Rovers.

IMV, if Rovers had 'gone in hard' and given him the right assurances including total control over football matters, he would have been installed as manager. IMV, blame for this lost opportunity resides with our owners and Exec Management.

Sadly, IMV, the recruitment process to replace Kean and then Berg was an absolute shambles.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Blah blah blah. If it were down to you we'd have broken the bank to get Coyle and Freedman.... Both sacked off long since btw. Seems Tim Sherwood is your new idol. Honestly you must think we all have goldfish memories to take much note of anything you say. I have reservations about Sherwood but if he is still at Villa in two years time mercerman I might just give your opinions some credence.

Sadly, you and others are unable to recognise tongue in cheek stuff which what 'Coyley' was all about really. Having said that, he did take Burnley up on a shoestring budget which is something I am 99% certain Bowyer wont do for Rovers.

As for 'Wee Dougie', he did a cracking job at Palace who were in worse disarray than Rovers. After a bright start at Bolton, he lost the plot a bit. However, I will back my judgement and say he will become a top manager within the next few years.

However, I will back my judgement

You spent most of this season posting that BRFC would definitely fold unless promotion was achieved.

Promotion hasn't been achieved, so what day are they pulling the shutters down?

Or were you completely wrong on this?

You spent most of this season posting that BRFC would definitely fold unless promotion was achieved.

A lot of water to flow under the bridge before the first day of next season.

In my very humble opinion Mercerman should (might well) be a journalist - throw even crap and at some point something will stick, at which point he can crow about it VERY loudly and say "see, I told you so".

Some of the highlowlights include: 2000 season ticket sales, administration, points deduction, fire sales - I could go on but it would get boring. 99% of what he says can be discounted before he even clicks "post" :wub:

Poster A without the required information available to them to be correct and factual, makes random points.

Poster B reads aforementioned points and remembers them.

When random points fail to materialise Poster B reminds Poster A of their previous comments asking for clarity.

But Poster B knew all along the random comments could not be based on fact and very likely would never happen.

As did Poster A.

Its all good fun anyway.

Info for E.I.T. from The Guardian:

Newcastle Uniteds sixth straight defeat of an increasingly acrimonious campaign was sustained in front of their smallest crowd of the season on Sunday as supporters heeded calls to boycott the 3-1 defeat against Tottenham Hotspur at St James Park.

Aggrieved at Mike Ashleys failure to invest part of his considerable cash reservesin an alarmingly slender, currently injury-ravaged squad, around 500 Newcastle fans demonstrated against the clubs owner in nearby Leazes Park before kick-off. Although the official attendance was announced as 47,427 at a ground customarily filled to 52,000 capacity it appears all season ticket holders were automatically included regardless of whether they actually turned up. Certainly the amount of empty seats in the stands seemed more indicative of a figure somewhat closer to the 40,000 mark.

Thus demonstrating why boycotts are a hopeless tactic, It being impossible to coordinate the actions of many tens of thousands of independently minded people. 40,000+ Still turning up in boycott day for a meaningless end of season game - not exactly the Poll Tax riot is it?

Yet mercerman has been on here a lot longer than some of you so show a little respect to him, he contributes far more than some of you mudslingers

Agreed. This place would be duller without Mercer. He gets unfair stick, at times.

Whatever his views, he provokes debate, and can back up most of his claims or reasonings (unlike some).

He entertains me, as do Gordon and a few others.

can nobody see that there is a gulf in the personalities of Bowyer and Sherwood? It's obvious who would make the better manager. Title winning captain, rovers legend, lots of charm and charisma.......record of bringing top kids into the first team.

both have the same experience, academy managers.....

Who would you go for if both these chaps walked into your office for interview.......? Who would inspire you in the first 5 minutes of meeting them?

Nail on head.

If that was important we'd never have won the World Cup in 66. Sir Alf Ramsey had as much charisma as a pot plant.

Sadly, you and others are unable to recognise tongue in cheek stuff which what 'Coyley' was all about really. Having said that, he did take Burnley up on a shoestring budget which is something I am 99% certain Bowyer wont do for Rovers.

As for 'Wee Dougie', he did a cracking job at Palace who were in worse disarray than Rovers. After a bright start at Bolton, he lost the plot a bit. However, I will back my judgement and say he will become a top manager within the next few years.

So why are you recommending Sherwood? :huh:

A lot of water to flow under the bridge before the first day of next season.

So why bother changing Manager's? Whats the point?

Agreed. This place would be duller without Mercer. He gets unfair stick, at times.

Whatever his views, he provokes debate, and can back up most of his claims or reasonings (unlike some).

He entertains me, as do Gordon and a few others.

No he can't. That's exactly the problem!

Only because Eastwood was injured and Rovers therefore wouldn't risk Steele only days before Liverpool replay.

Hope you are getting paid for the ongoing Rovers' spin that you peddle.

If i was as paranoid as you i'd ask if you were getting paid for the anti-Rovers bile you post on here. Thankfully, i'm not.

Yet mercerman has been on here a lot longer than some of you so show a little respect to him, he contributes far more than some of you mudslingers

i like the fact that Abbey, the mudslinger-in-chief, 'liked' this post. And all MM has contributed in the last year is 'Rovers are going bust' 'Bowyer's a clown' and 'Rhodes is off to Bolton'. Not much of a contribution really, unless this was a dingle site.

i like the fact that Abbey, the mudslinger-in-chief, 'liked' this post. And all MM has contributed in the last year is 'Rovers are going bust' 'Bowyer's a clown' and 'Rhodes is off to Bolton'. Not much of a contribution really, unless this was a dingle site.

2 out of 3 ain't bad

F me .. Who the hell are you to tell me what I can like or not like . .. Your mate must still be asleep or he'd be sticking his oar in .

Bowyer implies in the LET it's time he left (not sure what other conclusion one can draw from being a million miles off yet saying our team is one of the best....unless he's doing a Kean and deflecting blame.....but he's supposed to be nice..hmmmm)

"Weve not been ruthless enough in both boxes this season, scoring goals and keeping clean sheets.

Its cost us the play-offs because, apart from maybe Norwich City, weve got nothing less than the other teams.

With the team that weve got we should be there but now weve got to get ready for next season.

Bowyer infers in the LET it's time he left (not sure what other conclusion one can draw from being a million miles off yet saying our team is one of the best....unless he's doing a Kean and deflecting blame.....but he's supposed to be nice..hmmmm)

I think you mean implies, not infers. Do you even English, brah?

No he can't. That's exactly the problem!

Whether he's passionate, fantastical or contrary, Mercer will always attempt to explain his reasonings. A lot on here, just drop bombs and run, or make statements and run.

GB'S recent displays of frustration, give me fair hope he's feeling the heat.

There hasn't been any indication prior.

Archived