BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Discussion

DE.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether he's passionate, fantastical or contrary, Mercer will always attempt to explain his reasonings.

Well let's test it out then.

Dear Mercerman, why have you insisted for the last 7 transfer windows that Jordan Rhodes would be sold by BRFC, and why were you wrong every time?

Dear Mercerman, why did you spend all of this season saying BRFC would go bust if not promoted (and are still clinging to that theory given your "there's a lot of water to flow" quote a few posts up), and what are your reasonings for being completely wrong?

No danger Shaun, safe as houses from relegation if we maintain our present stable course. Only instability brings relegation - Blackpool being the prime example.

Why does Bowyer seem incapable of moulding the defenders into a solid defensive unit. After all his time in charge we still defend as individuals.

You don't need great individual defenders to have a successful solid defence, just work together as a single unit.

Any good manager worth his salt would've sorted the defence in their first month in charge.

Just one of Bowyers many failings. we still concede far too many goals and with the possibility of an impotent strike force next season there's only one direction we are heading and it isn't up.

Big Sam might be looking for work this summer.

No danger Shaun, safe as houses from relegation if we maintain our present stable course. Only instability brings relegation - Blackpool being the prime example.

Last season we finished the season strongly and were only 2 points outside the play offs. This season we are limping in and are likely to finish 15 points outside the playoffs.

How exactly is that "stability?"

Two of the most prolific strikers in the league and we settled for midtable mediocrity.

Wonder where we'll finish without them?

surely the starting 11 is down to form, injuries and formation.

IMO, Steele is 1st choice. Eastwood's performances in the cup games have been good, so he deserves a run of games in the league.

exactly Gav.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/12901651.Gary_Bowyer__The_Blackburn_Rovers_goalkeeper_s_jersey_is_up_for_grabs/?ref=mac

like I said he doesn't even know his #1.

Seems like he's throwing down the gauntlet for one of the three to claim the gk spot.

What's wrong with competition for places? All three are reported to have performed well tho season.

Seems like he's throwing down the gauntlet for one of the three to claim the gk spot.

What's wrong with competition for places? All three are reported to have performed well tho season.

ITS LIKE HAVING PILES ..EVERY TIME I POST (SIT DOWN) IT ITCHES (YOU).

PUT ME ON IGNORE

Last season we finished the season strongly and were only 2 points outside the play offs. This season we are limping in and are likely to finish 15 points outside the playoffs.

How exactly is that "stability?"

Wigan and Brighton finished in the play-offs last season. Wigan are virtually down and Brighton are hanging on by the skin of their teeth. We've not done too badly all things considered. We've maintained a position in the top half of the table and not slipped like others. We've addressed some of the big money players and the summer will see the likes of Robinson and one or two more depart. That's stability Rev, might not be the promotion we all want but it is putting things on a better footing. Of course there is a long way to go but, personally, I'm happy with the progress that is being made.

Propaganda

Bowyer Out!

It's called having a different view to all the Bowyer Out propaganda being peddled by some.

Couldn't agree more Chris. Three 'keepers all good enough to be first choice although from what I have seen I feel sure Raya will become the number one long term choice. Sadly, as always on here these days everything is turned into a negative.

That was a reasoned reply to your post. Surely you dont have a problem with people disagreeing with you?

JUST YOU !

TELL YA WHAT IGNORE ME AND I WILL IGNORE YOU?

ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH?

Wigan and Brighton finished in the play-offs last season. Wigan are virtually down and Brighton are hanging on by the skin of their teeth. We've not done too badly all things considered. We've maintained a position in the top half of the table and not slipped like others. We've addressed some of the big money players and the summer will see the likes of Robinson and one or two more depart. That's stability Rev, might not be the promotion we all want but it is putting things on a better footing. Of course there is a long way to go but, personally, I'm happy with the progress that is being made.

It's called having a different view to all the Bowyer Out propaganda being peddled by some.

Couldn't agree more Chris. Three 'keepers all good enough to be first choice although from what I have seen I feel sure Raya will become the number one long term choice. Sadly, as always on here these days everything is turned into a negative.

HOW is it progress ? we are 24 points off promotion and 20 off relegation.

JUST YOU !

TELL YA WHAT IGNORE ME AND I WILL IGNORE YOU?

ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH?

HOW is it progress ? we are 24 points off promotion and 20 off relegation.

Progress in any club can be measured by things other than points Abbey. There have been many seasons when we finished in a lower position than the one before without fans becoming hysterical about it. These days it seems that over reaction is the norm. If we were in the bottom three or been fighting relegation all season I might understand it better but we haven't. We've been comfortable in mid-table whilst trying to address the issue of the wage bill. We have made improvements, a number of them, at the Academy, the Under-21's are producing a number of promising players - although only time will tell if they are good enough to come through. Clearly, we have to cope with FFP and the impact the embargo will have on summer signings but, personally, I can see progress from the position we were in a couple of years ago.

Progress from a few years ago? a few years ago we were sitting 8th in top flight football.

Thing is everyone knows we can finish worse and could accept it if we had not been ruined by Pune. Its not over reaction because if you closely without blue blinkers you can see its getting worse. Its awful and fans will vote with their feet next season. Coping with the embargo has been brought on by the lunatics in Pune . If you cant see the warning signs then I feel you are in for a rude awakening next season.

As they say on thrones WINTER IS COMING.

• Backroom

Wigan and Brighton finished in the play-offs last season. Wigan are virtually down

Would you not have called Wigan pretty stable under Rosler? If they can plunge into the relegation places after nearly getting promoted the season before, you had better believe the same can happen to Rovers. Complacency like your "safe as houses" post is exactly the type of attitude the club needs to avoid if we want to stay up next season.

Archived