BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

I thought Varney was out of contract this summer tbh

Next summer unfortunately

Begs the question does Gary need to change his advisors or is Gary controlled by his advisors.

Or Sports management agencies?

Whatever happened to the old going scouting players out by managers and scouts

Why the infantile comments? Your last sentence would have made your point well enough

Lighten up Gordon or stop going again..

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was well documented when he signed in the summer of 2014 that it was a one-year contract. I can't begin to work out the logic of why we would have given him a 2 year deal.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/varney-completes-rovers-move-1708442.aspx

So if he is here beyond June then it appears he has either activated an extension or has been given an extension.

King brown & varney ...

Wow !

#VENKYSCUMOUT!!!!!

Brown and Varney just where is the justification for these two to be included next season.

Rovers play Burnley next season and the club have these two call on its a two goal start to Burnley for me.

Rovers do have scouts and have been scouting players.

Never said they didn't I replied theoretical to JAL but I know of one North West side who completely dispensed of their main scouting system and started to use agencies and surprisingly there manager is on the books of one of those they used for let's say advice.. No its not Rovers

If that's what we end up with better get a manager in who can scrap his way out relegation battles

We had one in Big Sam. Is it my memory or are the ones on here who were most vociferous in their condemnation of the Walker Trust and Sam Allardyce now the most anti venky's and GB's biggest critics to boot? :huh:

You were warned guys but you wouldn't listen then and you won't now. Uncle Drog was right all the time as usual. :tu:

We had one in Big Sam. Is it my memory or are the ones on here who were most vociferous in their condemnation of the Walker Trust and Sam Allardyce now the most anti venky's and GB's biggest critics to boot? :huh:

Got to agree there Gordon.. I was a fan of big Sam.. Wherever he's been he's played to his strengths and percentages that way ensuring the club stayed up or better. At Bolton he had some fantastic footballers ie okocha yet again big Sam played to his strengths and whatever his clubs budget allowed

But in this instance we may need someone with a record of staving off relegation from the championship well if we end up with Varney and brown as our strike force

TBH can't think of anyone top of my head

If Varney has another year then something (else) stinks.

I thought I read in reports about his loan to Ipswich that it would take him to the end of his rovers contract.

He is out of contract.

The club confirmed a 1 year deal last summer

Suggests that Nixon hasn't done his research when reporting Brown and Varney will be our strike force next season.

Next summer unfortunately

you got a link for that? as far as i can recall he only signed for 1 year

He is out of contract.

The club confirmed a 1 year deal last summer

Suggests that Nixon hasn't done his research when reporting Brown and Varney will be our strike force next season.

of course he hasn't, he's just made it up.

• Backroom

Not sure who Nixon's sources at Rovers were, but they left around the same time Venky's arrived. Hasn't gotten much right regarding Bolton since Coyley was booted, either.

Nixon plucking a story about Rovers out of thin air? Well I never.

and it's just a coincidence it appears the day after the Norwegian Nixon did the same with the King story and it was posted on here.

When he doesn't even know Varney is out of contract it's time for him to give up.

you got a link for that? as far as i can recall he only signed for 1 year

of course he hasn't, he's just made it up.

That's what couldn't get my head around as the info I have says his contract his up July 1st.. But reported as not.. Nicko is a reporter in all fairness gets his information from sources.. So maybe case of wait and see or another Bradley Orr scenario

Or a possible extension clause somehow activated

Just confirming my view then.

Spending an entire 2 or three years transfer budget on a striker, when the midfield is so very poor is madness, - meaning that when that man plays, we have to take out a midfielder to accommodate him. That just creates a situation whereby, when a half decent team plays a five man midfield against us, they dominate possession. Just as has been happening for quite some time now.

Glad you agree with us Pedro.

I've genuinely not seen your view on him Den. My view is as stated, add to that if you'd like that I don't feel the lad links up very well with Gestede and vice versa (slightly better of late). They appear to be two individuals plugging away in a team with poor creativity and belief. I am more critical of the manager and the way that he fails to play players in their best roles, fails to inspire or gets the best out of them and seems to be very anti-effort and pressing. Rhodes - what you see is what you get. A very good finisher, but doesn't give defenders nightmares or bruises.

Not sure who Nixon's sources at Rovers were, but they left around the same time Venky's arrived. Hasn't gotten much right regarding Bolton since Coyley was booted, either.

Wee Coyley has the same agent as Kean. Wee Nixony called Kean a 'gem' if memory serves and that Rovers were going to splash £50m. Think we know who one of the sources was. The TantricTeflon T1t

Wee Coyley has the same agent as Kean. Wee Nixony called Kean a 'gem' if memory serves and that Rovers were going to splash £50m. Think we know who one of the sources was. The TantricTeflon T1t

The 50 million was apparently one of the family putting in his personal cash so the story goes.. We all know that never happened or was likely but it went national in the mirror

The media/reporting industry is cutthroat and a lot of shark's involved same as agents again cutthroat wether in the music business, recruitment, films or sports.. Full of unscrupulous people whose only loyalty is to the euro pound or dollar

• Backroom

Possibly, although Nixon's information during Kean's reign was pretty hopeless as well., Did he once say we'd have a £50m warchest? :lol: bloody hell.

All this Nixon hate ??? Stop bullying chaddy

Possibly, although Nixon's information during Kean's reign was pretty hopeless as well., Did he once say we'd have a £50m warchest? :lol: bloody hell.

'Twas a typo dude ! Should have read

50m from whores chest

Archived