BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

QPR will get away with it. The absolute maximum punishment they will get is an embargo and a re-negotiated fine, much less than the amount they should get fined, however it wouldn't surprise me if they got no punishment and were allowed to spend & spend this summer to rebuild whilst the League works out what to do about them/hopes people forget and brush it under the carpet.

QPR are set to offload a lot of big earners who are out of contract like Ferdinand and Barton, replacing them whilst under an embargo would pretty much finish their promotion chances. QPR won't allow that to happen and will do whatever they can to delay/defer punishment.

Two things we can all be sure on, and I'll wager everything I own on:

1) QPR will not be banished from the Football League (despite ridiculous suggestions they could end up in the Conference it would never happen)

2) QPR will not have to pay a £50 million+ cash fine.

Neither of those will happen, despite these pathetic rules stating that they should in QPR's case. Once again inconsistent and arbitrary enforcement of a joke set of rules aimed at punishing those clubs with wealthy owners.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like this is how Bolton, Cardiff and Fulham managed the situation, how we didn't and why QPR might save us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/11587937/QPR-may-regret-failing-to-exploit-FFP-loophole.html

Shows how if you have any competent people you can get round these things. Sadly competence is in short supply at Ewood these days.

Shows how if you have any competent people you can get round these things. Sadly competence is in short supply at Ewood these days.

As other posters have already stated Rovers board really have only themselves to blame

QPR will get away with it. The absolute maximum punishment they will get is an embargo and a re-negotiated fine, much less than the amount they should get fined, however it wouldn't surprise me if they got no punishment and were allowed to spend & spend this summer to rebuild whilst the League works out what to do about them/hopes people forget and brush it under the carpet.

QPR are set to offload a lot of big earners who are out of contract like Ferdinand and Barton, replacing them whilst under an embargo would pretty much finish their promotion chances. QPR won't allow that to happen and will do whatever they can to delay/defer punishment.

Two things we can all be sure on, and I'll wager everything I own on:

1) QPR will not be banished from the Football League (despite ridiculous suggestions they could end up in the Conference it would never happen)

2) QPR will not have to pay a £50 million+ cash fine.

Neither of those will happen, despite these pathetic rules stating that they should in QPR's case. Once again inconsistent and arbitrary enforcement of a joke set of rules aimed at punishing those clubs with wealthy owners.

If they weren't a London/South Coast club then I'd wager that they would have the book thrown at them.

I wonder what (Glasgow) Rangers fans will be thinking about all this? Their club broke the rules and were severely punished.

Rangers weren't punished at all, they were cleared of wrongdoing (laughably). They are in the lower divisions because they were liquidated and reformed as a new club and had to start again at the bottom.

Anyone heard anything linking us to perch from wigan.. Not heard it personally but on one of their boards cockneylatics it's on there linking him with BRFC

enough fish-punnery - Perch clearly is seeing Rovers' dilemma from a different standpoint

enough fish-punnery - Perch clearly is seeing Rovers' dilemma from a different standpoint

I know we were linked with him in one of the tabloids prior to him signing for wigan can't remember who ran the story.. Most likely his agent after for a move..

I wonder if Jordan Preston or any of the other young strikers will be ready to step up next season?!

At varying times I have heard good things about Preston, Rittenberg and Mahoney, but don't know if they are the finished article yet.

There no where near good enough for the first team. That's nt to say they haven't got potential but there not ready for the first team. Mahoney probly the closest out of the three imo

Anyone heard anything linking us to perch from wigan.. Not heard it personally but on one of their boards cockneylatics it's on there linking him with BRFC

Don't no how true it is but I watched him play last season and personally dnt think he is an improvement on Henley but would be a useful addition

It seems like the very future of a football club, depends on how good your accountant or lawyer is. I guess the same could be said about real life, as has been proven time and time again, with high profile legal cases.

I find it completely unfair, that we are under an embargo, but other clubs have managed to manipulate their figures, as I am sure the rule was not brought in to test the legal and accountancy brains of said football clubs!

I just get the feeling the powers that be could not wait to slap the embargo on us. We will likely be the last to get out from under it. It reeks. Designed to keep the big boys at the top and help make sure there are no repeat performances of a club such as ours upsetting the apple cart.

I just get the feeling the powers that be could not wait to slap the embargo on us. We will likely be the last to get out from under it. It reeks. Designed to keep the big boys at the top and help make sure there are no repeat performances of a club such as ours upsetting the apple cart.

In fairness to the FA, Venkys had already guaranteed we'll never upset the applecart again.

Those who do slap the embargos on will be privy to more info than us regarding how the clubs in question finances are run etc. There's probably more to it than meets the eye. No coincidence that us and those slapped with it are under odd and somewhat suspicious ownership yet some others in similar financial situations yet with solid ownership get over looked.

Archived