BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robinson linked with Leeds

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/former-england-keeper-paul-robinson-5674929

Bowyer says King can fulfil his potential at Rovers. he will play up front. plus he looking to players with Experience or pace. but not interested in Wilkinson

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/12941890._/?ref=mac

Derby released Jamie Ward surprised at that, would be a good signing for Rovers.

Really confused by this. Why has he been released? It said he was signed in a 2 year deal last summer. Maybe the club had an opt out? Or the player?

Still would be a good signing.

Bowyers interview was encouraging at least in the fact he now admits we need experience and pace. He has not said that before though it has been pretty obvious.

Target summer outcomes for us:-

1) Rhodes stays

2) Find a target man far superior to Brown to replace Gestede. Experience and a goal scoring record would be good.

3) Sign an experienced midfield general far superior to Evans

4) King signs

5) Sign a pacy wide player with a decent delivery and a left foot

6) Sign baptiste or equivalent

7) Sign Reserve right back

All of them apart for 7) look very tricky.

Really confused by this. Why has he been released? It said he was signed in a 2 year deal last summer. Maybe the club had an opt out? Or the player?

Bowyers interview was encouraging at least in the fact he now admits we need experience and pace. He has not said that before though it has been pretty obvious.

1) Rhodes stays

2) Find a target man far superior to Brown to replace Gestede. Experience and a goal scoring record would be good.

4) King signs

Number 3 haa been the issue since Tugay retired and Savage left.

1) Rhodes stays

4) King signs

I don't know whether you know, the manager may not have mentioned it but ............FFP :)

Derby released Jamie Ward surprised at that, would be a good signing for Rovers.

I'd be surprised if Will Hughes kicks of next season in the championship with them. He looks to have Prem quality whenever I've watched him.

I'd be surprised if Will Hughes kicks of next season in the championship with them. He looks to have Prem quality whenever I've watched him.

Hughes, Ward and Martin looked a cut above when they played at Ewood last season, the only reason we had a chance was because McLaren took all three off!

Christ, I'd sign Ward in a heartbeat. Like to see that happen.

Totally agree, exactly what we need, he has pace to burn and pulled us apart at Ewood this season. Rumour has it he's signing for sheff United in league 1! We need step up here. Bowyer sign him up!!!

Bowyer has said we need PACE and EXPERIENCE.

Ward has both of those, a goalscoring winger with plenty of experience at this level with Derby.

Looking at his stats he's played relatively full seasons over the last 9 years too, which is strange, I initially presumed Derby were releasing him due to being a crock.

We don't have many players who can score other than the two strikers, as a free agent who'll be attracting a lot of interest we should be moving in for this one now.

A lot of talk on their forums about how he's lost some of his pace, but it didn't look too shabby at Ewood earlier this season.

Definitely take him - he's certainly a cut above the likes of Paul Taylor.

Thought Taylor did well on the few occasions that I saw him. Did you see him play Gavlar?

Archived