Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I would be staggered if they came in with a £12m bid

However I think we could be entering next season without Rhodes or Rudy

You can add Marshall, Cairney, Rudy, Baptiste, Spearing, Robinson, Hanley, Olsson, Conway, Best, King to the list as well. We are up the creek

Quite a few " marginal " players in that list. How many have had a real lasting impact this season ?

Marshall, Cairney, Hanley and Conway have blown hot and cold all season and the first two have had their share of injuries whilst they've been at Ewood. King plays well about every seventh or eighth game. Spearing looks handy but it's a bit too soon to say. Robbo and Best haven't played and are obviously on the way out. Baptiste I like but not at right back.

Olsson and Rudy have done well and would be real losses.

You can add " Tyrone " Dunn to that list.

I can defo see Rhodes going in the summer tbh. if Sheff Wed are willing to pay 12 million for him then we have to consider it. selling him would help lift this embargo and help towards the FFP rules.

unsure on this Derby loan bid for him

would keep Marshall and Gestede for next season.

would like us to sign Spearing and Baptiste permanent. but signing Baptiste is on the condition we sell Hanley.

hopefully we can get King to sign a new deal here. Aswell as Kilgallon and Taylor to sign new deals

Robinson and Dunn will leave this summer.

I can defo see Rhodes going in the summer tbh. if Sheff Wed are willing to pay 12 million for him then we have to consider it. selling him would help lift this embargo and help towards the FFP rules.

unsure on this Derby loan bid for him

would keep Marshall and Gestede for next season.

would like us to sign Spearing and Baptiste permanent. but signing Baptiste is on the condition we sell Hanley.

hopefully we can get King to sign a new deal here. Aswell as Kilgallon and Taylor to sign new deals

Robinson and Dunn will leave this summer.

Chaddy, Rovers will not get £12million for him now - that ship sailed from Hull in August.

Best hope is £7million tops and £45k+ per week off wage bill.

I think if he went to Derby on loan he would bag them at least 8 goals in remaining games and get them up. That would cost them just over £half a million in return for £100million TV monies next season. Really is a no brainer.

Rhodes won't be sold. Gary and the board might be inclined to take an offer in the summer, and would almost certainly have accepted hull`s bid last summer, but I think Venkys would rather see the club fold than sell Rhodes! He represents their only major success so far so they wouldn't want to see him at any cost.

I'm sure Nicko is correct in saying Derby and other clubs want him on loan, but he mentions nothing about Venkys being willing to accept any such offer.

• Backroom

Quite a few " marginal " players in that list. How many have had a real lasting impact this season ?

Marshall, Cairney, Hanley and Conway have blown hot and cold all season and the first two have had their share of injuries whilst they've been at Ewood. King plays well about every seventh or eighth game. Spearing looks handy but it's a bit too soon to say. Robbo and Best haven't played and are obviously on the way out. Baptiste I like but not at right back.

Problem is Tyrone, as hot and cold as these players may have been, it's highly unlikely we'll get in better. Sell all of those players and we're unquestionably looking at a relegation battle next season. Keep them and we have another chance of mid table. :unsure:

We would be crazy, nay suicidal, to get rid of Marshall, Cairney,Conway and Spearing. Hanley could be sold but only if we have a replacement. He is not as bad as he is painted.

We would be crazy, nay suicidal, to get rid of Marshall, Cairney,Conway and Spearing. Hanley could be sold but only if we have a replacement. He is not as bad as he is painted.

Its quite clear Al, everyone is for sale. David Anderson's interview in Saturday Mirror was an early ad for the big sale in summer.

If any club wants any of our players they can have them provided the price is right.

Its then up to Bowyer to find replacements, cheap, free or loans for the next sale. That is primarily his job, not to get us back in the Premiership.

From Kamy on twitter

Bit worrying that Rhodes rep refused to comment on speculation linking him with a loan to Derby/Norwich. Usually denies these stories.

The only way a loan would make sense is if there is some guaranteed sale clause in there which is £8 million plus. Otherwise bonkers.

From a Derby fan who tweeted Kamy about Rhodes

Heard from our side it's with a view to £12m in the summer if we go up

If we loan Rhodes to another championship team, it truly shows that the people behind the scenes at Ewood do not have a clue as to what they are doing.

Where is the logic in loaning him to Derby/Norwich?

They won't be paying much of his wages, we won't make any money on the deal.

We would be paying about £30k per week to Rhodes to go and bang goals in somewhere else.

Complete joke if this happens.

If we loan Rhodes to another championship team, it truly shows that the people behind the scenes at Ewood do not have a clue as to what they are doing.

Where is the logic in loaning him to Derby/Norwich?

They won't be paying much of his wages, we won't make any money on the deal.

I believe Derby would pay his full wages

it will show EXACTLY what is going on by people who know what they are doing.

I believe Derby would pay his full wages

why?

If they are willing to pay his full wages and guarantee to buy him for 12m in the summer, it's a no-brainer. Be like winning the lottery. Still not convinced Mrs D will rubber stamp it though.

We'll be looking for a completely new strike force in the summer, Rhodes, King, Gestede (and Varney!) all likely to no longer be with the club.

Big man/pacy man combo is the way Bowyer wants to play.

If they are willing to pay his full wages and guarantee to buy him for 12m in the summer, it's a no-brainer. Be like winning the lottery. Still not convinced Mrs D will rubber stamp it though.

We'll be looking for a completely new strike force in the summer, Rhodes, King, Gestede (and Varney!) all likely to no longer be with the club.

Big man/pacy man combo is the way Bowyer wants to play.

I would have to agree that we will need 3 new strikers this summer. and that Bowyer prefer a target man striker with Pacey striker.

I would be looking at Chris Wood as a target man. Lewis Grabban from Norwich could be a target if Rhodes goes to Norwich or Derby as a pacey striker.

maybe look at PNE's striker Joe Garner or Walsall's striker Tom Bradshaw.

hope that Bowyer and his Scouts are looking for players for these positions. (quite sure they are tbh IMO)

Archived