BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Alan Nixon, Derby will pay full wages.

Didn't you read the story yesterday.

Would have saved you asking me that question if you had seen the article.

Will be an article in Tomorrow Sun Newspaper on Rhodes's future

Chaddy, just because Niton writes a story about a potential move, it doesn't make it either

a) True or

B) desirable for at least one of the club's concerned.

Certainly not in Rovers' case in recent seasons seemingly. He's already had Dann and Hanley loaned out mid season when they were playing well as I recall. Hopefully this is equally baseless paper speculation.

Nicko gospel on Rovers chaddy well I never

There was quite a debate in the pub before and after the game yesterday and the general consensus was if Rhodes is loaned then sold then GB can FO as he has no idea and we'll probably end up with a 5 or 6 goal a season forward once Gestede goes as well come the summer

That more or less nails it. If FFP dictates that Rhodes has to be sold for 10m plus in summer that's one thing. However to loan him out to a Championship rival mid season would be an act of absolute lunacy even by Venky ' s standards.

Alternatively if this is a hare brained Bowyer/Mavis Shaw scheme,I hope the owners blow the idea completely out of the water as definitively as they seemingly did with Rhodes proposed transfer to Hull last summer.

If we loan him to Norwich can we get Gary hooper the other way on loan? He is a fast decent striker.. Under used at Norwich and if played regularly will be a very good striker in this league

I'm not familiar with this keany ffp but could we not loan him with view to buy if rhodes goes Norwich with a view to buy? Hoppers wages would be similar to Rhodes though so that could be a stumbling block

It is worrying that when I asked his agent he refused to comment, when usually he flat out denies these stories.

What is also bemusing me is that these clubs are apparently offering a guaranteed £10 million deal IF they go up and will take Rhodes on loan and only pay a proportion of his £40,000 wages. Just doesn't make any sense to me if all of this is true. I could possibly understand if a club was offering a guaranteed deal regardless of of going up and were willing to pay his full wages for the rest of the season.

It is almost as though someone at Ewood Park is desperate to get rid of him and dread to think what their reasons for doing so are.

all these promotion chasers rumoured to be after Rhodes yet hes deemed not good enough on here for a team nearer relegation than promotion.

It's weird isn't it! Unfortunately Sheffield Wed now have the cash and owners who will spend big. Maybe on loan with a buy option. Lot's will be happy to lose a proven goal scorer - dimwits.

It is worrying that when I asked his agent he refused to comment, when usually he flat out denies these stories.

What is also bemusing me is that these clubs are apparently offering a guaranteed £10 million deal IF they go up and will take Rhodes on loan and only pay a proportion of his £40,000 wages. Just doesn't make any sense to me if all of this is true. I could possibly understand if a club was offering a guaranteed deal regardless of of going up and were willing to pay his full wages for the rest of the season.

It is almost as though someone at Ewood Park is desperate to get rid of him and dread to think what their reasons for doing so are.

Dark forces at work.. Did they ever leave doesn't look like it

all these promotion chasers rumoured to be after Rhodes yet hes deemed not good enough on here for a team nearer relegation than promotion.

Rovers don't play to his strengths. We play to Gestede's strengths. Thats the way Bowyer plays.

What dark forces?

Has anybody ever thought that maybe Rhodes want to leave due to not playing enough. Just a thought.

Rovers don't play to his strengths. We play to Gestede's strengths. Thats the way Bowyer plays.

What dark forces?

Has anybody ever thought that maybe Rhodes want to leave due to not playing enough. Just a thought.

C'mon chaddy stop being so nieve...

BTW all the club's chasing JR are chasing a proven goalscorer

FYI and anybody else proven goalscorers help get you promotion

Club needs sweeping clean from top to bottom but hey ho, never mind, the Rovers Fans are happy with Gaz's 'stability'.

Club needs sweeping clean from top to bottom but hey ho, never mind, the Rovers Fans are happy with Gaz's 'stability'.

And the "shouty doubters" will constantly snipe and undermine any decision made.

and the non-attender truth-benders from Suffolk and beyond see conspiracy and despair everywhere.

We're on the right track. Steady as she goes old bean. Join me in a toast of vintage rouge to the stabilisers.

I would have thought his wages are no longer sustainable on our present income streams. Our present gates don't support paying any player £40,000 a week. If we continue to do that we will never get the transfer embargo lifted.

I would have thought his wages are no longer sustainable on our present income streams. Our present gates don't support paying any player £40,000 a week. If we continue to do that we will never get the transfer embargo lifted.

I'm sure that's the case parson. Unfortunately, selling him now means we can't spend that money on a replacement. Should have sold him well before now. Even though, I fear the fans reaction if he does go out on loan. I think they would understand a sale in summer, but not a loan now.

Isn't there a nicko 3 club rule that suggests it's all his agent sounding out the clubs he thinks might suit and saying he's available? There are 3 clubs supposedly interested here although the LT denies any firm approaches have been received

I agree but that is not what appears to be happening. If what is being reported is true then we are looking to let him go out on loan and the club we loan him to will only pay proportion of his £40,000 per week wages. I really don't see the sense it doing that. Loan him by all means but make sure that they pick up the full wages.

We could be left with a scenario whereby he is loaned out to a club like Forest, they pay £10,000 per week of his wages and then do not go up. We don't get a guaranteed fee and the savings on wages aren't huge.

• Backroom

If we loaned him out with the majority of his wages covered I could kind of understand it. It's essentially £160k a month saved for the next three months, regardless of whether it ends up in a permenant deal. Rhodes clearly isn't in GB's first team plans so why pay somebody £40k pw to warm the bench?

If it's any less than 80-100% of wages covered I'm not sure there is much point.

Archived