BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no doubt the story is true - I'm sure clubs do want to take Rhodes on loan. Rhodes may also be open to the idea, especially as he's not playing regularly. BUT the missing ingredient is whether the owners would sanction such a move.

I think few clubs in the top 6 are interested in Rhodes and want a loan deal. maybe Rhodes and his advisors are interest in the deal. but its all depending what the owners decide. I asked Kamy whether all 4 owners have to sign off any deal and he said yes they do and Mrs D is key decision maker.

Also Rhodes's advisors have said to Kamy 'not commenting on rumour and speculation' but Kamy says is unusual for them to say that, normally deny it.

Rhodes hasn't been dreadful .. Haters gonna hate .. I hope when he goes he sticks 30 goals in the next season .

Rhodes haters gonna hate

nobody hates Rhodes but People just comment on his performances and his strengths and weaknesses. that's is all. different people have different opinions. that's football

4 in last 7 ..abysmal.

cant wait for Varney and Brown 0 goals in 7 months.

Abbey you are 100% correct on this. Why on earth would anyone want rid of a goal scorer I will never know. People act like it is their money they are getting back if we (rovers!, Venkys, whatever) sell him. Oh good deal if we can get it, rubbish. Keep him as long as we can.

He has been magic simple as that and scores where ever he plays, you can't just and get another one for free or on loan.

Alan Nixon does not hate Rovers at all.

Not sure about that. He's always mischief making. All the wee dougie connections at Bolton then starts it up again when he's at Forest. He's a poop stirrer at best.

Make no mistake, Nicko knows his stuff.

IMV, it will be chaos at Ewood with right hand not knowing what left hand is doing. You couldn't make it up !

Another.wee.dougie groupie agrees.with the other one.

Not sure about that. He's always mischief making. All the wee dougie connections at Bolton then starts it up again when he's at Forest. He's a poop stirrer at best.

Another.wee.dougie groupie agrees.with the other one.

Wee Dougie has certainly lit the Forest fire !

Wish someone would light ours !

Rhodes hasn't been dreadful .. Haters gonna hate .. I hope when he goes he sticks 30 goals in the next season .

Rhodes haters gonna hate

Are they the same as Bowyer haters Abbey? Or Lowe haters? Or Hanley haters? Seems we have a lot of haters ^_^

Abbey you are 100% correct on this. Why on earth would anyone want rid of a goal scorer I will never know. People act like it is their money they are getting back if we (rovers!, Venkys, whatever) sell him. Oh good deal if we can get it, rubbish. Keep him as long as we can.

He has been magic simple as that and scores where ever he plays, you can't just and get another one for free or on loan.

This.

Don't worry they'll probably all be thinking he's great again tomorrow night, just before they come back on here to sell him again when he doesn't score at weekend in their blind faith that Bowyer will conjure up a new 20 goal finisher on a free. Or even more bizzare believe he will somehow come up with a system where a team is free scoring without a top striker.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. At the time, it looked like this could well be our season to get promotion, so it was an ambitious move to reject the bid. It looks silly now tho with us mid table and him not even being a guaranteed starter.

Don't think we'd ever let him leave for another championship club, especially not on loan. I could see one of the promoted teams offering our 8m back on him in the summer, and that's when I think he'll leave. Maybe not a bad time for him to move on. Gone a little stale at Blackburn, he will want a crack at the prem now, and we need the cash. I'll always be a big fan of the guy, top class attitude.

Gives a big rebuilding job up front though. Rudy, Rhodes and King all likely to go. Saying that, only Gestede has had any real impact over the course of the whole season. King has done well in the cup but not consistent enough. Rhodes still has 13 goals but his input into a lot of games has been dreadful, a real passenger. Compare what he offers to the team and what someone like Rudy offers.

If it weren't for the An field game you'd be quite justified in saying I think that Gestede's inclusion has started to have a detrimental effect on the team as instead of trying to pass the ball through the opposition we just loft a long lazy ball towards Gestede. In fact the only time we've won or been ahead recently is when Rhodes has been playing.

That said we need a manager who can get the best out of the pair of them, not one obsessed with playing 2 wingers all the time imo.

Must be true if it's in the Sun. If it is true then presumably they want him also to play in the PL (if they go up) - strange they want such a player who is perceived by many on here as too slow, not a grafter etc...............somebody's wrong and I doubt it's Karanka at Boro.

I'm sure that Clubs are interested in Rhodes and looking to sign him and putting bids in for him. Thats is what Alan Nixon is reporting. Nowhere has he said Rhodes is set to leave Rovers

Its too much now it's obvious someone within the club or his agent is after punting JR on.. I'd take what GB said yesterday with a pinch of salt

Normally when the journalist states an offer, the total amount includes the wages and possible extras, when they state a bid, then that is the amount we would expect to come in, I would imagine we would not get £12million for him in real terms.

M'boro very confident according to local paper but deal well short of £12m.

Apparently, Rovers have let it be known that Rhodes may be available.

Seemingly, Rhodes wants to go there as well:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jordan-rhodes-boro-pole-position-8816629

Also, Nicko proves to be spot on.

''The fee would involved a series of factors including appearances, goals scored and Boro’s survival in the top flight next term but it falls well short of the £12m figure rumoured in some other outlets.''

I hope Rovers tell Boro to do one - sit on and swivel.

Archived