BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

Major problem for Rovers tonight if Rhodes plays.

Is his heart still in it ? Seems he's happy to go to M'boro, and what's going to happen in those 50/50 challenges ?

Huge problems if Rhodes breaks a leg, does a cruciate.

Until Rovers come out and say he's not going anywhere this season, and I don't mean a Bowyer presser, then he shouldn't play. Plain crazy if he does.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will not need to sell King as he will walk away for nothing. I also don't think selling him will suddenly lift FFP and there are others at the club that should be off before Rhodes.

I can't believe people are happy to sell Rhodes. If he makes it to 20 goals this season thats 6 seasons in a row hes hit that mark.

I don' think it's a case of being happy to sell him, I think it is more a case of needs musts. Having a striker in the championship earning over £40k per week is absolutley ridiculous. Granted he is a fine finisher and I am by no means in the 'Rhodes Out Brigade', however cutting £40k per week off the wage bill and earning a possible £10-£12 million is good business. However like AJW says, I think it would be crazy to loan him to a club and then maybe have to take him back if they don't go up. We need a firm deal in place, otherwise foxtrot oscar.

I also understand that the club are in talks with King over a new deal, so he may not leave in the summer. Rudy probably will. However if that means Rudy and Rhodes sold by the summer, thats a good £18 - £20 million in transfer fees (as we know venkys won't sell on the cheap) and a good, what £50k off the wage bill. That would surely free up places for some good movement in the tranfer market for Rovers. However yes before people say it, this is venkys and will the manager be given funds?

To that we don't know, but evidence is, the manager will, Bowyer has been allowed to sign something like 24 players now in 2 seasons. With an embargo lifted (as it would be, if one or both of Rhodes and Gestede where to be sold) and with significant saving in wages and with probably venkys last input in terms of finance, I would say the manager would be given funds to give promotion a go.

Is his heart still in it ? Seems he's happy to go to M'boro, and what's going to happen in those 50/50 challenges ?

Until Rovers come out and say he's not going anywhere this season, and I don't mean a Bowyer presser, then he shouldn't play. Plain crazy if he does.

If Rhodes didn't play when there was transfer speculation about him he would have played about 10 games for Rovers.

Christ on a bike! And people accuse Chaddy of being a WUM :wacko:

Unfortunately, likelihood now is that we'll have to sell him. We can't reinvest that money so further proof that it's been a total waste of a fortune.

I know that's your view Den, you've told us a million times, and you know I think that is absolute rubbish. If Rhodes left tomorrow, he doesn't owe us a bean.

Superb attitude on and off the pitch, 110% commitment whenever he plays and it surely can't be argued with any real conviction even by you that without his goals we'd have been relegated two seasons ago. The reason we've not been promoted since he's been here is because the rest of the squad has either not performed as well as hoped or at all. If we were to use your extremely narrow and blinkered yardstick that he's been a failure because we've not been promoted then that applies to every single player in the first team squad and we should sell every single player and start again from scratch in the summer.

ITS WHAT THE FANS WANT !!

Oh no it isn't

Oh yes it is

Oh no it isn't.........

I know that's your view Den, you've told us a million times, and you know I think that is absolute rubbish. If Rhodes left tomorrow, he doesn't owe us a bean.

Superb attitude on and off the pitch, 110% commitment whenever he plays and it surely can't be argued with any real conviction even by you that without his goals we'd have been relegated two seasons ago. The reason we've not been promoted since he's been here is because the rest of the squad has either not performed as well as hoped or at all. If we were to use your extremely narrow and blinkered yardstick that he's been a failure because we've not been promoted then that applies to every single player in the first team squad and we should sell every single player and start again from scratch in the summer.

Sorry Rev, but IMO he was bought to fire us to promotion. Which idiot would spend all that money on one player for a mid table, championship finish? That hasn't worked because the rest of the squad - and him - aren't good enough. It's been money wasted on another Venky plan that didn't work.

Local media in Middlesborough reporting Rhodes story now, very worrying: http://t.co/oHeRxEALR6

Rhodes reps are still refusing to offer comment.

this is from Kamy on twitter

What's wrong with you chaddy, we've specifically already said Rhodes is going nowhere on loan this season, nor should he.

If anyone wants him in summer, then they can offer us upwards of 10m, and we'll see if the FFP rules have been successfully challenged by then.. Until then feck off as another poster rightly said.

Oh no it isn't

Oh yes it is

Oh no it isn't.........

Sorry Rev, but IMO he was bought to fire us to promotion. That hasn't worked because the rest of the squad - and him - aren't good enough. It's been money wasted on another Venky plan that didn't work.

But you're pinning all the blame on Rhodes because the rest of the squad haven't performed well enough.

So do you think hypothetically we'd have done better had Best not got injured and Rhodes had never been signed? Because that's all that would have happened.

But you're pinning all the blame on Rhodes because the rest of the squad haven't performed well enough..

All this arguing, and you don't understand the point?

It was folly to spend all that money on one player with significant weaknesses, while the rest of the squad was not good enough either. If a good manager had been given that amount of cash - in this league - we could and probably would have done far better than we have. In fact a good manager with that money would probably have got us, at least, into the playoffs. I said it wouldn't work and it didn't.

It really isn't

It is for most on here

It was folly to spend all that money on one player with significant weaknesses, while the rest of the squad was not good enough either. If a good manager had been given that amount of cash - in this league - we could and probably would have done far better than we have. In fact a good manager with that money would probably have got us, at least, into the playoffs. I said it wouldn't work and it didn't.

Was it not said at the time the money was a one off for rhodes and wasn't available for anything else ?

I suspect you know full well that if Best had not been injured, then the extra money would not have been spent and are simply being argumentative for the sake of it..

You're also changing the goalposts with your answer above, if we'd had a better manager in charge we'd have done a lot better no matter which players we had!

Notice you also ignored my question about how you think we'd have done with Best instead of Rhodes completely.

Kamy tweeting an article from Goal, stating GB has permission [presumably from Loonland] to loan out JR, with a view to permanent move in summer....the fire sale has started, if true?

Good Grief "Goal" - wtf is that?

Is that like the comic "SHOOT" when us older fans were kids?

Thanks Chaddy, one of those interweb based things.....but the first time someone is saying the deal has the green light from Loonland?

I don' think it's a case of being happy to sell him, I think it is more a case of needs musts. Having a striker in the championship earning over £40k per week is absolutley ridiculous. Granted he is a fine finisher and I am by no means in the 'Rhodes Out Brigade', however cutting £40k per week off the wage bill and earning a possible £10-£12 million is good business. However like AJW says, I think it would be crazy to loan him to a club and then maybe have to take him back if they don't go up. We need a firm deal in place, otherwise foxtrot oscar.

I also understand that the club are in talks with King over a new deal, so he may not leave in the summer. Rudy probably will. However if that means Rudy and Rhodes sold by the summer, thats a good £18 - £20 million in transfer fees (as we know venkys won't sell on the cheap) and a good, what £50k off the wage bill. That would surely free up places for some good movement in the tranfer market for Rovers. However yes before people say it, this is venkys and will the manager be given funds?

To that we don't know, but evidence is, the manager will, Bowyer has been allowed to sign something like 24 players now in 2 seasons. With an embargo lifted (as it would be, if one or both of Rhodes and Gestede where to be sold) and with significant saving in wages and with probably venkys last input in terms of finance, I would say the manager would be given funds to give promotion a go.

Would it though, and with FFP still kicking around, even with an embargo lifted we would still need to be careful with spending and wages as to not get another embargo slapped upon us.

That would appear to be speculative nonsense which predates GB's fairly definitive statement yesterday.

Don't see how anyone could commit to signing Rhodes on loan with a definite purchase at the end of the season anyway. What if they fail to go up?

In that case we'd have lost Rhodes until the end of the season for the sake of saving about 300k in wages. The whole idea is too ludicrous for words.

Please me? When did I ever say that? I didn't

You just can't resist but give me insults all the time. Its boring Al. Why don't you try moving on and leave me alone.

Don't want to sell Rhodes but the Rovers finances are a mess and we need this embargo lift in the summer.

I don't see an insult there Chaddy and it would prove you right for once. Like I said I have no problem with selling Rhodes for £12mill.

Archived