BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

OK...how can we satisfy the fans and the Owners?

We have a player who scores goals and it seems impossible to build a team around him.

We have FFP and we have the need to keep the 'faith' of fans who cannot/will not pay average money to see their team(in the right numbers)

We have Owners who operate in an Ottoman style way, which allows no local initiative and tends to be within the power of someone who knows nothing about football.

We have a weird Management structure where no-one looks actually committed to the ideals,history and significance of the Club to its locality.

IMPOSSIBLE

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think J*B post above is spot on. That's the way The Rovers owners run the club.

Shaw does the negotiating for Rovers but its the owners who decide at the end of the day.

And perhaps you might remember and learn from this in future and take with a pinch of salt everything a Scottish gob @#/? might spout, especially from his wee sources?

They'll do what they want, they'll do what they want, they're Venkys and they'll do what they want.

The ones in Pune are probably split on this like everything else. One of em could be breathing in ears at Ewood saying see what's on offer out there and we'll try and use it to convince the rest. Either way it wouldn't get decided till Madame gathers them all around the dinning table for one of their legendary meetings and if that doesn't fall within a transfer window then it doesn't get signed off :mellow:

Or there could be others still with a vested interest in the club hiding in the broom cupboard at Ewood desperately trying to come up with a deal good enough to convince the owners to sell.........

I think J*B post above is spot on. That's the way The Rovers owners run the club.

Shaw does the negotiating for Rovers but its the owners who decide at the end of the day.

You are both wrong. Degsy negotiates for him self 1st and then tries to get it approved. I see GB has questioned the deal and he has direct communication with madam

Rhodes going on loan was never going to happen. Rhodes going to another championship club will never happen.

What I do expect, however, is a promoted team to offer 10m+ in the summer and Rhodes will politely ask to leave. He's now 25 and needs to be playing prem football whilst he's in his prime.

Absolutely. Shaw is the number 1 villain here.

He quite blatantly has Venkys over a barrel though so won't be going anywhere.

How can a gimp like that have the Venkys over a barrel ?

Oh wait a minute

:wacko:

And perhaps you might remember and learn from this in future and take with a pinch of salt everything a Scottish gob @#/? might spout, especially from his wee sources?

They'll do what they want, they'll do what they want, they're Venkys and they'll do what they want.

Alan Nixon's stories about Derby, Forest and Boro loan bid's for Rhodes were correct.

Freedman's comments this afternoon back up his stories that Forest were interested in Rhodes on loan. He NEVER said that he would be sold and leave Rovers at any time

Why would 3 clubs suddenly out of the blue come up with the idea of asking to loan Rhodes then agreeing a fee IF they got promoted. It's the kind of crackpot idea someone like Singh or Vineeth would come up with. If there is a rat it's about time the V's rooted him out and dealt with him once and for all. It's threatening to destabilising their stability !

Also the big media rat needs dealing with, he has a hand in it all.

Alan Nixon's stories about Derby, Forest and Boro loan bid's for Rhodes were correct.

Freedman's comments this afternoon back up his stories that Forest were interested in Rhodes on loan. He NEVER said that he would be sold and leave Rovers at any time

And so the answer is no, you won't learn from this.

Of course they'd all be interested in a proven goal scorer at this level who might very well give them an edge to a promotion spot.

And then they'd allow/encourage a 'friend' in the media to whip the story up and wind all and sundry up who don't know any better.

And then you add to it by sycophantically fawning all over Nixon on twitter and passing it off on here as a story.

Indeed he NEVER said that he'd be sold, because do you know why? Like everyone else he hasn't a clue what is happening in India.

My advise is that unless you know for certain that the Venkys are willing to sanction a transfer (which I doubt you will know) then keep your powder dry, or at the very least give it a very clear Nicko rider as the speculation (malicious?) which it is.

I was told recently, by someone I trust, that Shaw was working miracles in the background, he didn't elaborate on that.

Food for thought.

He is thick as pig poo. I worked with him for years at PNE directly reporting to him and then selling products to him in later life. I nearly feel off my seat when he was appointed. I was gobsmacked, very disappointed and totally incredulous. I still am. Amazed he is so rich.

He is thick as pig poo. I worked with him for years at PNE directly reporting to him and then selling products to him in later life. I nearly feel off my seat when he was appointed. I was gobsmacked, very disappointed and totally incredulous. I still am. Amazed he is so rich.

Only telling you what I've been told.

He's an Agnew stooge, brought in during the power struggle, so I've no time for him myself, but it was food for thought.

Lots of cr@p talked on here by posters making mischief, not you OOJW might I add.

Seems like someone is trying shift Rhodes without consulting owners or the manager for that matter. Why try to unsettle one of your own players? Madness once again from the idiots in charge of running the club.

BECAUSE SOMEONES A NIOBBER FAN

Only telling you what I've been told.

He's an Agnew stooge, brought in during the power struggle, so I've no time for him myself, but it was food for thought.

Lots of cr@p talked on here by posters making mischief, not you OOJW might I add.

I've posted here before about someone I knew who was a close acquaintance of him and he said to me that he(shaw) was out to "fleece as muc hmoney out of Blackburn as he could"

The only one who's confirmed it is Freedman. Both Boro's gaffer and McLaren have said they didn't mention his name but both are after strikers. Nicko doing his usual 2+2= 50 mill so he can't have been correct or they are lying. One day this ballrag is another one who'll fall on his sword.

I was told recently, by someone I trust, that Shaw was working miracles in the background, he didn't elaborate on that.

Food for thought.

I'd agree with that, the way that magic pen works on contracts especially.

There is something seriously amiss with this Rhodes' business.

It is incredulous to think that Shelfy has now negotiated two separate deals for the sale of Rhodes (Hull & M'boro) only for V's to turn round on each occasion and say he's not for sale. If Shelfy had gone 'rogue' on such a major transaction for Rovers then, IMV, he would have been dismissed instantly (V's have shown they are not backward at coming forward when it comes to dismissing Rovers' exec management).

You do wonder if the V's have asked Shelfy on each occasion to seek a buyer at the best possible price only for them to then naively think that something approaching £12million is not enough or, alternatively, they got 'cold feet', for some mysterious reason, at the last moment.

These shenanigans will only serve to reduce what is left of Rovers' reputation to tatters.

I think we remain a joke football club.

Archived