BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

Bottom line is that if I couldn't find a better candidate than Kinder then I'd give up.

I am pretty certain that there would be some quality candidates out there who would crawl over broken glass to get either Bowyer's or Kinder's job.

I think we would nearly all agree that the manager's best man probably isn't the pinnacle of quality, but Irvine was equally unrealistic.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is something seriously amiss with this Rhodes' business.

It is incredulous to think that Shelfy has now negotiated two separate deals for the sale of Rhodes (Hull & M'boro) only for V's to turn round on each occasion and say he's not for sale. If Shelfy had gone 'rogue' on such a major transaction for Rovers then, IMV, he would have been dismissed instantly (V's have shown they are not backward at coming forward when it comes to dismissing Rovers' exec management).

You do wonder if the V's have asked Shelfy on each occasion to seek a buyer at the best possible price only for them to then naively think that something approaching £12million is not enough or, alternatively, they got 'cold feet', for some mysterious reason, at the last moment.

These shenanigans will only serve to reduce what is left of Rovers' reputation to tatters.

I think we remain a joke football club.

Hells teeth man! You really have missed your way. You should have had a career writing Dan Brown type thrillers. You've certainly got a fertile enough imagination. Do you actually have any evidence at all for the conspiracy theories you spin on here? :wacko:

The Football League has also confirmed the way in which FFP embargoes will operate for clubs placed under this sanction.

Clubs will be prohibited from registering any new professional players (permanent contract or loan) unless they have:

• 24 or fewer established players (players aged 21 or over that have made at least 5 starting appearances for the club).

Where clubs have fewer than 24 established players, they will only be permitted to sign players in the following circumstances (with the player in question being added to the club’s list of established players regardless of his age or previous playing experience):

• Where the employee costs of a player being signed are less than £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on a shorter contract).

Where clubs have 24 established players, they will be permitted to trade on a ‘one out, one in’ basis but only if the employee costs of the player coming in to the club are no more than whichever is the lower amount of:

• 75% of the equivalent costs of the player going out.

• Or a maximum of £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on shorter contract)

In addition:

• Clubs under an FFP embargo will be permitted to sign a goalkeeper on an emergency basis (in line with existing regulations).

• Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay transfer fees or compensation fees for professional players.

• Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay a loan fee to another club, they may only pay the player’s wage (or a contribution towards it).

• For incoming players, clubs can only pay Agents’ Fees as a benefit in kind to the player in question (as long as they do not exceed the £600,000 employee costs limit).

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2014/championship-financial-fair-play-season-201314-submissions-2144136.aspx#WGfpCFqY3lPe0ciY.99

So i read that as if we have less than 24 ffp applicable players we can only pay upto a total of 600k per annum inc fees.

I cant find the exact detail about re-signing players though.

yeah you're right, i was doing it from memory, never the best idea. cheers for looking it up.

There is something seriously amiss with this Rhodes' business.

It is incredulous to think that Shelfy has now negotiated two separate deals for the sale of Rhodes (Hull & M'boro) only for V's to turn round on each occasion and say he's not for sale. If Shelfy had gone 'rogue' on such a major transaction for Rovers then, IMV, he would have been dismissed instantly (V's have shown they are not backward at coming forward when it comes to dismissing Rovers' exec management).

You do wonder if the V's have asked Shelfy on each occasion to seek a buyer at the best possible price only for them to then naively think that something approaching £12million is not enough or, alternatively, they got 'cold feet', for some mysterious reason, at the last moment.

These shenanigans will only serve to reduce what is left of Rovers' reputation to tatters.

I think we remain a joke football club.

Speculation here to but imo rather more plausible........

Ring ring.....

"Hello Degsy here."

"Hello Mr Shaw it's Boro / Derby / Hull here. We're interested in signing JR from you. We understand from his agent that he is not happy at dropping down the striking order and we'd like to talk to him with a view to signing him permanently. I'm sure you don't want to see his value fall as a result of your selection policy."

"Well the final word of any decison is not really up to me but give me your proposal and I'll pass it on to my superiors as I'm duty bound to and I'll get back to you."

Rather dull and tedious compared to your version mercerman but likely to be closer to the truth.

Speculation here to but imo rather more plausible........

Ring ring.....

"Hello Degsy here."

"Hello Mr Shaw it's Boro / Derby / Hull here. We're interested in signing JR from you. We understand from his agent that he is not happy at dropping down the striking order and we'd like to talk to him with a view to signing him permanently. I'm sure you don't want to see his value fall as a result of your selection policy."

"Well the final word of any decison is not really up to me but give me your proposal and I'll pass it on to my superiors as I'm duty bound to and I'll get back to you."

Rather dull and tedious compared to your version mercerman but likely to be closer to the truth.

I would suggest,

Ring ring.....

"Hello Degsy here."

Boro/Derby and Hull answer

"Hello Mr Shaw it's Boro / Derby / Hull here. What can we do for you?.

Degsy:- I understand from JR's agent that he is not happy at dropping down the striking order and I'd like to move him on with a loan or someone signing him permanently.

I was sure he would request a transfer before his value fell as a result of my selection policy but hey ho."

Boro/Derby and Hull answer :- What have you got in mind Degsy, we don't have any more room for shelves at the moment!

Degsy:- "Well the final word on any decision is not really up to me but if we can grease the wheels and make it look realistic, I'll pass it on to my superiors as I'm duty bound too and I'll get back to you. I would like to move quickly as JR is now making public gestures to me when I am in the directors box. Don't worry about the shelves, there is more than one way to skin a chicken"

likely to be closer to the truth.

• Moderation Lead

It's just Nixon nonsense.

Chelsea would sell Bamford I reckon, there's absolutely no point being a Chelsea youth player, none have come through and remained in the first team since John Terry...

I can't understand why Boro would put the money down for Rhodes when I'm sure Bamford would be cheaper (assuming Chelsea would sell)

Just watching him against Ipswich and he's different class.

He is. I've seen him a few times this season and he has got that certain Premier League quality without a doubt.

Read the local paper and they are all complaining about him not being in the same class as Rhodes in terms of being a goal poacher. He's probably better all round but they want him AND Rhodes. And they want them now. I think some of the Rhodes hype was probably mind games to get their own strikers scoring.not all, but some

@#/? that rhodes ... Haters gonna be sulking !

A very simplistic way of looking at it. Rhodes is a top class goal poacher, play to his strengths and he is an asset. Stick him on the bench and not play him, then ignore 12 million pound bids for him is what I object to. I don't feel hate or love any of them, over paid bunch of prima donnas.

He scores it what he does !! He shouldn't be in the bench for @#/? sake ., does it affect you we didn't sell ? Sell him and Gestede and you have brown n Varney . .. We will still under embargo .. Keep your best players arghhhhhhhhhhhhb

He scores it what he does !! He shouldn't be in the bench for @#/? sake ., does it affect you we didn't sell ? Sell him and Gestede and you have brown n Varney . .. We will still under embargo .. Keep your best players arghhhhhhhhhhhhb

My point is simple, if we play him then play to his strengths. If we put him on the bench, then better to sell him and get 12 million for him.

• Backroom

After scoring 3 in two games? Yes, flabbergasted!! It won't happen though. He'll start.

Logically yes, but it's the type of thing I can imagine Tombowyer doing. Hopefully not though.

Too late Abbey.

What do we do this summer - sell him and replace him with a freebie, or keep him and stay under a transfer embargo? You choose.

It's easy keep him .

Sell him still up @#/? streak and Rhodes gives you a chance of promotion .. What does brown n Varney bring ?

Logically yes, but it's the type of thing I can imagine Tombowyer doing. Hopefully not though.

He'll play tuesday no doubt. The question is more whether Gested will start or Bowyer will keep Brown in.

One thing that does (sadly) seem obvious is that our improved defensive performaces have come with Hanley out of the team. And arguably Duffy. First choice centrebacks should be Kilgallion and Baptiste on form. Then arguably Henry is next up. Then Duffy, then Hanley.

Difficult position for Hanley, our captain, to be in. It will be tricky for him to get back in the side with three centrebacks ahead of him in the order.

Archived