BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

Brown is a poor man's Ashley Ward. If he's a regular starter next season, we are indeed stuffed.

Completely different players in my book but both put 110% in without getting much return.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad for Rhodes and hope he scores. Need to restore his value,which the last week has certainly done.

Liverpool must be very confused with how we are going to play on 8th April -the 2 they are worried about(King,Rudy) are just not figuring!!

Brown is a poor man's Ashley Ward. If he's a regular starter next season, we are indeed stuffed.

Ashley Ward - 4.5 million. Nathan Blake - 4 million. Kevin Davies - 7 million. Egil Ostenstad - 2.5 million.

Relegated. What a total waste of money. Good old Roy.

• Moderation Lead

Brown didn't have a good game last night by all accounts. He still gets the best out of Rhodes more so than Rudy does though. Players to fit the system not the other way around.

Brown didn't have a good game last night by all accounts. He still gets the best out of Rhodes more so than Rudy does though. Players to fit the system not the other way around.

Goal apart Rudy didn't look bothered..

That's an insult to Ashley. At least he scored occasionally as opposed to Brown's never. I gave him a chance. He has now had that chance and been found seriously wanting. If that is the best we have to start with we are in a mess.

That's an insult to Ashley. At least he scored occasionally as opposed to Brown's never. I gave him a chance. He has now had that chance and been found seriously wanting. If that is the best we have to start with we are in a mess.

I'm willing to give Brown a little more time, but so far hes been average.

No pace, no strength, not great in the air, doesn't put a shift in and defend from the front. I wonder what his skill is?

Clearly you didn't go to either Sheffield Wednesday or Charlton then - Brown was excellent in both games and a significant factor in both wins.

In truth I'm not surprised that those who have only seen him play at Ewood don't think much of him, as he hasn't been at his best. I do wonder though what would have happened last night had we started with Brown and Rhodes and then brought Gestede on later. Whilst we might not have got the early goal we would have had a fair bit more possession. Lack of possession was what in the end knackered the team.

Clearly you didn't go to either Sheffield Wednesday or Charlton then - Brown was excellent in both games and a significant factor in both wins.

In truth I'm not surprised that those who have only seen him play at Ewood don't think much of him, as he hasn't been at his best. I do wonder though what would have happened last night had we started with Brown and Rhodes and then brought Gestede on later. Whilst we might not have got the early goal we would have had a fair bit more possession. Lack of possession was what in the end knackered the team.

No I didn't go to either of those away matches but forgive me if I make my own judgements on what I have witnessed myself. I gave Brown a lot of matches before judging him and said so on more than one occasion. Now I have made that judgement and he is slow on the ground, wins nothing in the air, can't jump and has never scored in living memory. Useless. Get him off the payroll at the first opportunity and get in a loan player with a bit of pace. We have probably lost King now because the manager has pee'ed him off so too late for him.

• Moderation Lead

I don't think anybody thinks Brown is a great player, but he acts as a good foil for Rhodes, certainly better than Gestede does. Though granted, picking him up top solo would be an awful decision.

I'd still rather we went 1 up top with someone 'in the hole', though we would need to buy someone to fill that role.

I don't think anybody thinks Brown is a great player, but he acts as a good foil for Rhodes, certainly better than Gestede does. Though granted, picking him up top solo would be an awful decision.

I'd still rather we went 1 up top with someone 'in the hole', though we would need to buy someone to fill that role.

Sorry pal but I don't agree. Div.2 player at the very best.

Archived