BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

I'm willing to give Brown a little more time, but so far hes been average.

No pace, no strength, not great in the air, doesn't put a shift in and defend from the front. I wonder what his skill is?

Rubbish rog. He has no pace I grant you but he is good in the air at moving the ball on although not like Rudy who can could meet a cross and head it harder than I can kick it. Plus he certainly does put a shift in in defending from the front and especially so when compared to Rhodes, Gestede and King.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly you didn't go to either Sheffield Wednesday or Charlton then - Brown was excellent in both games and a significant factor in both wins.

In truth I'm not surprised that those who have only seen him play at Ewood don't think much of him, as he hasn't been at his best. I do wonder though what would have happened last night had we started with Brown and Rhodes and then brought Gestede on later. Whilst we might not have got the early goal we would have had a fair bit more possession. Lack of possession was what in the end knackered the team.

Lots of our players look good against inferior opposition.

Rubbish rog. He has no pace I grant you but he is good in the air at moving the ball on although not like Rudy who can could meet a cross and head it harder than I can kick it. Plus he certainly does put a shift in in defending from the front and especially so when compared to Rhodes, Gestede and King.

Sorry Gord but he is not good in the air. He is shorter when he jumps than when standing. It is not necessarily a fact just because you say it. I don't buy defending from the front either. He loses out to the defenders most of the time.

Jordan and Rudy up top with their goal power has to be our week in , week out front two , end of. If we have to have Brown on for 15 minutes at the end then that's as good as it should get. If Bowyer could ever sort out the make up of what was playing behind them two then we 'd be going up automatic. That's where all Bowyers efforts should be going instead of prattling on justifying average signings.

Nail, hammer head.

Heard from somebody that King has absolutely zero interest in signing a new contract and will be off to a European club. Can't blame him, he's been treated badly by Gaz.

Re: transfers, why not give the youth a chance for a few games now rather than pishing more money up the wall.

That's a shame but thanks for the info.

I would only sign any players on loan for the rest of the season if Bowyer is going to sign this summer.

yes I would give some youth players a game. players like O'Sullivan, Mahoney, Green, Lenihan, Nyambe. lets see if they are good enough for next season.

any chance of King signing a new contract or will he be leaving?

we need to sign a couple of players with pace in the summer

Bowyer doesn't set up teams around pace - or skill for that matter.

We need to start getting teams to worrying about our attacking threat rather than keep trying to be clever and change our line up every week to suit the opposition. Because that's exactly what it does - suit the opposition.

any chance of King signing a new contract or will he be leaving?

we need to sign a couple of players with pace in the summer

Cant see him taking a pay-cut to stay, can you?

I think Kevin Davies' contract is up in the summer. Throw him up top with Browny and watch the magic happen.

Don't give shelf ideas. He's already likely to try and give Nob End silly money for Garner if Rhodes etc is sold and the embargo lifted. Less him and his cronies slice etc !

Haha. Such insight

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?225400-O-sullivan-was-superb-today

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?225422-We-will-miss-O-Sullivan

Looking forward to seeing O' Sullivan. It's a worry we were prepared to let him go and had agreed a fee with barnsley before we signed him for a further 12 months. Time to give him a run in the team. Absolutely no excuses not to.

Archived