BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Football League has also confirmed the way in which FFP embargoes will operate for clubs placed under this sanction.

Clubs will be prohibited from registering any new professional players (permanent contract or loan) unless they have:

24 or fewer established players (players aged 21 or over that have made at least 5 starting appearances for the club).

Where clubs have fewer than 24 established players, they will only be permitted to sign players in the following circumstances (with the player in question being added to the clubs list of established players regardless of his age or previous playing experience):

Where the employee costs of a player being signed are less than £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on a shorter contract).

Where clubs have 24 established players, they will be permitted to trade on a one out, one in basis but only if the employee costs of the player coming in to the club are no more than whichever is the lower amount of:

75% of the equivalent costs of the player going out.

Or a maximum of £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on shorter contract)

In addition:

Clubs under an FFP embargo will be permitted to sign a goalkeeper on an emergency basis (in line with existing regulations).

Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay transfer fees or compensation fees for professional players.

Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay a loan fee to another club, they may only pay the players wage (or a contribution towards it).

For incoming players, clubs can only pay Agents Fees as a benefit in kind to the player in question (as long as they do not exceed the £600,000 employee costs limit).

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2014/championship-financial-fair-play-season-201314-submissions-2144136.aspx#WGfpCFqY3lPe0ciY.99

So i read that as if we have less than 24 ffp applicable players we can only pay upto a total of 600k per annum inc fees.

I cant find the exact detail about re-signing players though.

I still can't work out how these sanctions stand up against restriction of trade for players. Or even how it stands up against the abolition of the maximum wage.

There are plenty of ways to penalise a club for poor finances. Preventing them paying players the going rate seems at odds with free trade.

Too late Abbey.

What do we do this summer - sell him and replace him with a freebie, or keep him and stay under a transfer embargo? You choose.

Keep an do some wheeling a dealing with lesser important members of the squad. Rhodes won't solve the embargo or debt alone.

Or sell and read about you celebrating a freebie who runs the channels and scores once every couple of months :)

• Backroom

One thing that does (sadly) seem obvious is that our improved defensive performaces have come with Hanley out of the team.

The Lynchpin™'s absence doesn't seem to be doing us any harm either. I fear they'll both be right back into the first eleven when fit again, though.

He's not given us promotion.

He's come in and he's done what he's paid to do, SCORE GOALS. He's never played in a good side he's been in a crap one and two average ones. Had they fashioned a good side with a good manager after we went down and he did exactly what he has done with one or two others getting a few goals we'd have gone up, end of.

Bowyer on Radio Lancs giving credit to Karanka for refusing to talk about Rhodes in Boro's press conference. Then goes on to say that other clubs have decided to go public with it 'which says a lot about them'. A well deserved dig at wee dougie there and the t1t from The Sun who does his bidding for him.

The Lynchpin's absence doesn't seem to be doing us any harm either. I fear they'll both be right back into the first eleven when fit again, though.

You're feeling brave, DE. Lowe's absence has nothing to with our current form and Hanley's lay off and out conceding of fewer goals is complete coincidence.

This is where Bowyer falls down for me because, you are spot on, when the are fit they will both be back, negating any progress and "learning" that Bowyer might have made.

You're feeling brave, DE. Lowe's absence has nothing to with our current form and Hanley's lay off and out conceding of fewer goals is complete coincidence.

This is where Bowyer falls down for me because, you are spot on, when the are fit they will both be back, negating any progress and "learning" that Bowyer might have made.

This is the worry and we worry because we've seen it before. If we are to keep good players but have to trade others in order to try and freshen or strengthen the squad but under embargo these are two I'd start with. We can manage without either, question is can he ?

Couple of questions for those who know more about FFP than I do:

- is there any restriction on exchanging players, say Rhodes for a centre half and midfielder? It is of course the norm over here, multi player swaps being orchestrated over three teams or more sometimes.

- if we can't pay a fee then dioes that not remove a major reason for selling: the opportunity to reinvest the funds elsewhere? Given our owners past history of not being bounced into selling players, doesn't FFP actually increase the chances of keeping our best players (assuming they are still under contract)?

It's easy keep him .

Sell him still up @#/? streak and Rhodes gives you a chance of promotion .. What does brown n Varney bring ?

Varney I'll grant you but I believe Brown has brought much to the team recently abbey. He's never going to be a fox in the box like Rhodes and he's never going to be a fast raiding striker like King but Brown playing in the hole, putting himself about, holding the ball up and bullying the opposition has coincided with improvements in a number of other players imo. Cairney and Rhodes being ready examples. Brown is dominating the opposition 'in the hole' and taking a lot of pressure off Cairney and allowing him to be much more creative and influential. He allows Cairney time and space to come onto the ball facing forward. I've already said elsewhere that his strength in back to goal situations is helping the defence no end. Keeping a clearance for even a few seconds allows the defence and midfield to 're-form' and become solid again. Brown does that in spades and in marked contrast to JR. He isn't eye candy for sure but he has been bloody effective in strengthening us as a unit recently.

Thought that was you sending one to Robbo!

The postman won't have any trouble at your hose though will he unless it's hate mail made up from newspaper cuttings?

That's the Story I was quoting from.

BTW, I didn't block brfcrule1 on twitter.

well its you are making this messageboard worse by making these sort of comments

It's Nixon crap that spoils this forum.

Varney I'll grant you but I believe Brown has brought much to the team recently abbey. He's never going to be a fox in the box like Rhodes and he's never going to be a fast raiding striker like King but Brown playing in the hole, putting himself about, holding the ball up and bullying the opposition has coincided with improvements in a number of other players imo. Cairney and Rhodes being ready examples. Brown is dominating the opposition 'in the hole' and taking a lot of pressure off Cairney and allowing him to be much more creative and influential. He allows Cairney time and space to come onto the ball facing forward. I've already said elsewhere that his strength in back to goal situations is helping the defence no end. Keeping a clearance for even a few seconds allows the defence and midfield to 're-form' and become solid again. Brown does that in spades. He isn't eye candy for sure but he has been bloody effective in strengthening us a unit recently.

It's amazing that you reserve more appreciation for a big lump who makes Heskey look prolific, but continue to criticise our 20 goal a season striker.

The postman won't have any trouble at your hose though will he unless it's hate mail made up from newspaper cuttings?

It's Nixon crap that spoils this forum.

My hose is fine thank you.

2015 Al, newspaper cuttings? Your love for Robbo is gushing enough on here!

BTW, the Nixon crap you mention spoiling the forum...you mean in your opinion? You mentioning it every five minutes and your unhealthy obsession with Chaddy is spoiling the forum (imo ;)

Varney I'll grant you but I believe Brown has brought much to the team recently abbey. He's never going to be a fox in the box like Rhodes and he's never going to be a fast raiding striker like King but Brown playing in the hole, putting himself about, holding the ball up and bullying the opposition has coincided with improvements in a number of other players imo. Cairney and Rhodes being ready examples. Brown is dominating the opposition 'in the hole' and taking a lot of pressure off Cairney and allowing him to be much more creative and influential. He allows Cairney time and space to come onto the ball facing forward. I've already said elsewhere that his strength in back to goal situations is helping the defence no end. Keeping a clearance for even a few seconds allows the defence and midfield to 're-form' and become solid again. Brown does that in spades. He isn't eye candy for sure but he has been bloody effective in strengthening us a unit recently.

So a non scoring hard working player gets praise but a goal scoring points winner doesn't ?

So a non scoring hard working player gets praise but a goal scoring points winner doesn't ?

I think the two should be complimentary Abbey when we play with two up front. Yesterday, Brown took a lot of the physical pressure off Rhodes and as a result he enjoyed more space in and around the area to do what he does best which is sniff out chances in the box. There are times - against Liverpool for example - when you can only play one up front because you need more in midfield and it's that role that I don't think Jordan is really suited to. The last three League games have shown that his strength is in the area, feeding off others or mistakes by defenders.

I don't think anybody hates Rhodes on this site. I can't only speak for myself but I've never hated a Rovers player. I've had a very low opinion of a few and been glad when they left, but hate ? It's a game for God's sake.

Anybody with eyes to see with can see the pluses and minuses in Rhodes game. He's great finisher, very cool and focused in an around the penalty area. He's not a quick, or a bustling type of striker, he's not a target man and he doesn't chase lost causes. For the older fans he reminds me a bit of Ted McDougall, not particularly technically gifted but good at putting the ball in the back of the net if the chances arrive.

I don't think anybody hates Rhodes on this site. I can't only speak for myself but I've never hated a Rovers player. I've had a very low opinion of a few and been glad when they left, but hate ? It's a game for God's sake.

Anybody with eyes to see with can see the pluses and minuses in Rhodes game. He's great finisher, very cool and focused in an around the penalty area. He's not a quick, or a bustling type of striker, he's not a target man and he doesn't chase lost causes. For the older fans he reminds me a bit of Ted McDougall, not particularly technically gifted but good at putting the ball in the back of the net if the chances arrive.

The problem with a lot of the Rhodes debate is that people talk as if every player is an Alan Shearer or a Chris Sutton or a Craig Bellamy or a young Fred Pickering or John Byrom. Those who have been watching Rovers for forty years or more will probably agree that for the vast majority of those years, certainly before Jack Walker came along, the thing which constantly held us back was not having or being able to afford a finisher or prolific goal scorer capable of scoring 20 goals a season on a regular basis.

People who bustle about, hold the ball up and score 5 goals a season, and/or chase lost causes are ten a penny. Strikers who can finish and score plenty of goals season after season are relatively speaking, rare as hen's teeth. Could Rhodes score 15-20 or even 10 -15 regularly in the Premiership? I think so but we'll never know unless and until he actually gets there.

My hose is fine thank you.

2015 Al, newspaper cuttings? Your love for Robbo is gushing enough on here!

BTW, the Nixon crap you mention spoiling the forum...you mean in your opinion? You mentioning it every five minutes and your unhealthy obsession with Chaddy is spoiling the forum (imo ;)

I'm sure your house is fine and when it comes to anonymous hate mail I bow to your superior knowledge. How do you send it these days now that newspaper cuttings are outdated. I notice that you never post unless you are attacking somebody else. You have no room to talk.

I'm sure your house is fine and when it comes to anonymous hate mail I bow to your superior knowledge. How do you send it these days now that newspaper cuttings are outdated. I notice that you never post unless you are attacking somebody else. You have no room to talk.

Everytime I log on here you're rowing with someone Al, its getting boring now.......

Everytime I log on here you're rowing with someone Al, its getting boring now.......

I rarely start an argument but never hesitate to retaliate. You are at it now. Do you expect me to sit here and take it without reply?

I rarely start an argument but never hesitate to retaliate. You are at it now. Do you expect me to sit here and take it without reply?

Its not just you Al, I get that, I'm guilty also.

You've got plenty of good things to say Al, I enjoy reading your football opinions, just seems it's more rowing these days which is a shame.

Archived