BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is something seriously amiss with this Rhodes' business.

It is incredulous to think that Shelfy has now negotiated two separate deals for the sale of Rhodes (Hull & M'boro) only for V's to turn round on each occasion and say he's not for sale. If Shelfy had gone 'rogue' on such a major transaction for Rovers then, IMV, he would have been dismissed instantly (V's have shown they are not backward at coming forward when it comes to dismissing Rovers' exec management).

You do wonder if the V's have asked Shelfy on each occasion to seek a buyer at the best possible price only for them to then naively think that something approaching £12million is not enough or, alternatively, they got 'cold feet', for some mysterious reason, at the last moment.

These shenanigans will only serve to reduce what is left of Rovers' reputation to tatters.

I think we remain a joke football club.

The only thing that's amiss is that you keep making up stories, and have been doing for nearly 3 years.

Talk about reputation in tatters - take a look in the mirror.

The only thing that's amiss is that you keep making up stories, and have been doing for nearly 3 years.

Talk about reputation in tatters - take a look in the mirror.

Get your head out of the sand and get a life you muppet.

...who the very top people want to come and work for as Academy Director.

Yep that's right.

Our Academy status and facilities speak for themselves.

Good quality candidates with ambition, drive and determination would see it as a great opportunity.

The only one who's confirmed it is Freedman. Both Boro's gaffer and McLaren have said they didn't mention his name but both are after strikers. Nicko doing his usual 2+2= 50 mill so he can't have been correct or they are lying. One day this ballrag is another one who'll fall on his sword.

The local rag in Middlesbrough have reported that a deal had been agreed with Rovers and a decision was pending from India.

The reporter who wrote that is obviously getting his information from someone at Middlesbrough FC.

Clearly someone at Rovers (most likely Shaw) has been giving them encouragement.

The fact that the club hasn't officially commented simply means they go about their business in the right way.

And so the answer is no, you won't learn from this.

Of course they'd all be interested in a proven goal scorer at this level who might very well give them an edge to a promotion spot.

And then they'd allow/encourage a 'friend' in the media to whip the story up and wind all and sundry up who don't know any better.

And then you add to it by sycophantically fawning all over Nixon on twitter and passing it off on here as a story.

Indeed he NEVER said that he'd be sold, because do you know why? Like everyone else he hasn't a clue what is happening in India.

My advise is that unless you know for certain that the Venkys are willing to sanction a transfer (which I doubt you will know) then keep your powder dry, or at the very least give it a very clear Nicko rider as the speculation (malicious?) which it is.

nothing to learn from.

the story was Championship clubs were interested in Rhodes on loan. that's what Nixon wrote in the paper.

at no point did he say Rhodes is leaving Rovers.

and he did say that its down to the Rovers owners to decide.

here is Freedman's comments on the Rhodes loan bid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02lv06f

here is McClaren's comments

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Mac-confirms-Rams-market-striker/story-26161587-detail/story.html

And a card on Valentine's Day!

its a shame Al that's you just stop making sly comments against me.

why don't you move on Al Please!

I did actually state on twitter that I would like the sun bring back page 3 but of men getting their rocks off as a joke! I suggested Mr Nixon should be first up & a certain person did seem a bit touchy on the subject! I stated it as a joke because it seems some people take Nixon's word as gospel & someone got very touchy on the subject of a certain journo getting his rocks off!.

Chaddy chaddy .. You posted Derby WOULD be paying ALL Rhodes wages!! You posted it as FACT and you were telling us all.

I did actually state on twitter that I would like the sun bring back page 3 but of men getting their rocks off as a joke! I suggested Mr Nixon should be first up & a certain person did seem a bit touchy on the subject! I stated it as a joke because it seems some people take Nixon's word as gospel & someone got very touchy on the subject of a certain journo getting his rocks off!.

Did he block you ? Question him and he does that .. Just like his puppy eyed one who blocks you but first calls you a hunt ....

nothing to learn from.

the story was Championship clubs were interested in Rhodes on loan. that's what Nixon wrote in the paper.

at no point did he say Rhodes is leaving Rovers.

and he did say that its down to the Rovers owners to decide.

here is Freedman's comments on the Rhodes loan bid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02lv06f

here is McClaren's comments

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Mac-confirms-Rams-market-striker/story-26161587-detail/story.html

its a shame Al that's you just stop making sly comments against me.

why don't you move on Al Please!

When you stop quoting Nixon mischief and not until.

Yet, according to you, we attract top quality candidates for the Academy post.

Rovers are a joke club when it suits your agenda.

Answered this one on Academy on previous sheet.

Try and keep up. I know it must be mentally challenging for you.

• Moderation Lead

Don't rise to it, Mercer. Your cynical views are just as important to the mb as the more... forgiving ones.

When he's not saying something's certain and it doesn't turn out that way then yeah, he's clearly not stupid, and can string a sentence together!

Yet, according to you, we attract top quality candidates for the Academy post.

Rovers are a joke club when it suits your agenda.

careful, his rapier like wit will cut you to shreds. He also seems to be getting a bit tetchy now that his predictions of doom and gloom have once again been shot down in flames. Like someone said earlier, this will go on all summer.

Chaddy chaddy .. You posted Derby WOULD be paying ALL Rhodes wages!! You posted it as FACT and you were telling us all.

Did he block you ? Question him and he does that .. Just like his puppy eyed one who blocks you but first calls you a hunt ....

That's the Story I was quoting from.

BTW, I didn't block brfcrule1 on twitter.

When you stop quoting Nixon mischief and not until.

well its you are making this messageboard worse by making these sort of comments

Er forgive me but isn't from 8th in perm to transfer embargo and humongous debt not doom and gloom . I wish the flames you mock about would engulf Venky towers

That's the Story I was quoting from.

BTW, I didn't block brfcrule1 on twitter.

well its you are making this messageboard worse by making these sort of comments

You block anyone that doesn't agree with you and are nasty about it .. I don't forget these things

careful, his rapier like wit will cut you to shreds. He also seems to be getting a bit tetchy now that his predictions of doom and gloom have once again been shot down in flames. Like someone said earlier, this will go on all summer.

You really must be an inadequate little individual with little better to do other than resort to personal criticism and insults.

See Abbey's on the money comments above about doom and gloom. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Time you got out of your Ewood Park bolt hole.

Yep that's right.

Our Academy status and facilities speak for themselves.

Good quality candidates with ambition, drive and determination would see it as a great opportunity.

They do speak for themselves: owned by Blackburn Rovers, a joke in the football world.

A good position in a crap company is only good if you can be a big part of a turnaround into a good company. I don't see one of those coming, do you? Otherwise you get tarnished with associating yourself with crap.

To misquote Groucho Marx: I wouldn't want to employ anyone who wanted a job here.

They do speak for themselves: owned by Blackburn Rovers, a joke in the football world.

A good position in a crap company is only good if you can be a big part of a turnaround into a good company. I don't see one of those coming, do you? Otherwise you get tarnished with associating yourself with crap.

To misquote Groucho Marx: I wouldn't want to employ anyone who wanted a job here.

Bottom line is that if I couldn't find a better candidate than Kinder then I'd give up.

I am pretty certain that there would be some quality candidates out there who would crawl over broken glass to get either Bowyer's or Kinder's job.

Archived