BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

King won't sign a deal, he's told the club he isn't interested in a new deal. You can't expect to sign 2 new strikers, we're under a transfer embargo. Clubs get out of this league by either having a Premier League squad or by having a team that grows together (Watford, Boro, etc). We can't start next season without Gestede, Rhodes & King, and with three new strikers that haven't played together.

Losing players like that isn't stability either.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

King won't sign a deal, he's told the club he isn't interested in a new deal. You can't expect to sign 2 new strikers, we're under a transfer embargo. Clubs get out of this league by either having a Premier League squad or by having a team that grows together (Watford, Boro, etc). We can't start next season without Gestede, Rhodes & King, and with three new strikers that haven't played together.

Maybe we can team Best up with Varney, and use Browny as a subby ? :(

If you look at the teams who are in the top 6 formations that they play most of the time,

Derby play 4-3-3

Bournemouth play 4-4-2

Boro play 4-2-3-1

Norwich play 4-3-3/4-diamond 4-2

Brentford play 4-5-1

Watford play 4-3-3 or 3-5-2

Quite a few different and most adaptable to change it seems. All of them will be tailored to best suit the most effective players they

have or the managers will have recruited the right players to fit their style of play. Not the case at Ewood sadly :(

No-brainer - they will sell both Gestede and Rhodes making a profit on Rudy and getting at least some of their outlay back on Rhodes. Rovers will do well to stay in the Championship next season under their current misrule. That doesn't really matter to the owners as Bowyer's stated aim is to sell players at a profit to the owners - that can be done in any division.

The daft thing is, as much as you scream for change because you can see what is coming from miles away, those closest to the club (as fan representatives and other allies) will see you as pessimistic or even in denial about our true place in the footballing hierarchy (even though, historically, it's arguable that our 'true' place is in the top flight).

Yet when it does come to pass and we are relegated because your views were ignored, and we backed the wrong, you'll be accused of being 'happy about our demise'! (You know, those people who say 'you are glad when we lose') :wacko:

We Are Where We Are

he was a good target man on sunday and if Rhodes had been around to pick up some of them knockdowns . What about Conways blaze over, I think if Rhodes had been in Gestedes position he would have finished it instead of dummying it. Rhodes for me Den

chaddy I didn't say hate ,I said didn't like..or you think

If Rhodes had been around we'd have played with a four man midfield and got hammered Abbey. Likewise, if he'd have played instead of Gestede, the team performance wouldn't have been anywhere near as good. Liverpool would have had him in their back pocket and pinned us in our own half.

The pity is that if he goes this summer he'll have to be replaced with a free transfer player, probably another Brown or Varney. It's been a total waste of £8m + £2m/ year wages.

So the forrest story is from Nixon and the new Forrest manager is "wee dougie" his mate who he run all the story's for a few years back was trying to sign him at Bolton.

Makes more sense than a team under embargo who this year failed to make a payment for a player they signed in the summer taking him on loan then signing permanent for £8m.

I know which one I believe

so basically more Nicko rubbish then? he keeps banging on about Forrest if they don't go up they will be busted for FFP like we are so its a no go, its Nicko's fumbling in the dark and hoping a story hits and when it doesn't blame venkys chaos. The way he goes on about Dougie jesus you would think the kids a managerial genius

Why do you keep quoting Nixon's mischief? He hates us and just tries to disrupt our club. He is NOT the font of all knowledge and you well know that quoting him is irritating.

Alan Nixon does not hate Rovers at all.

If you dont like me posting about Rovers transfer news in the media then dont read it.

he was a good target man on sunday and if Rhodes had been around to pick up some of them knockdowns . What about Conways blaze over, I think if Rhodes had been in Gestedes position he would have finished it instead of dummying it. Rhodes for me Den

chaddy I didn't say hate ,I said didn't like..or you think

If we played 4-4-2 against Liverpool we would have got beaten. We got a good results cos we played 4-5-1 and denied them space in key areas.

you seem to hate Robbo................

never hated Robbo at all. Just gave an opinion on player that some of you didn't like

If King and Gestede go then we need another target man and pacey striker in for certain.

We need to get this embargo lift in the summer.

I would target Chris Wood and Tom Bradshaw to replace them if both left.

so basically more Nicko rubbish then? he keeps banging on about Forrest if they don't go up they will be busted for FFP like we are so its a no go, its Nicko's fumbling in the dark and hoping a story hits and when it doesn't blame venkys chaos. The way he goes on about Dougie jesus you would think the kids a managerial genius

I dont think so. Clubs were interest in a loan deal for him but Rovers rejected the approaches for him.

Dont forget Kamy said his agent wouldn't rubbish the loan bid stories like his agent has done before.

I expect more bids for Rhodes during the summer. Sheff Wed linked this past Sunday morning with Rhodes. Source Sunday Daily Star

Chaddy nobody minds you quoting transfer news. It's interesting to see the stories. It's when you act as though all rumour was true and as though you know extra snippets that people get on your back. I used to read Alan Nixon's 11 o'clockers on here and enjoy them but they were as much entertainment as info and I always took them with a pinch of salt. They contained some truth because at that time he did have ears at ewood. Since then he has no real info and makes up whatever he feels like. He may or may not hate rovers but when did he last produce a story that showed us in a good light? He only bigs up his current cronies and belittles us. There are enough sticks to beat our club, our manager and our organisation with but we don't need to believe every word mr Nixon says

• Moderation Lead

Nicko chatting rubbish as usual. I cannot believe folk give it credence.

Chaddy, you get a hard time on here undeservedly but how you can say Nicko doesn't hate Rovers is beyond me.

He's a fat sh1thouse with an axe to grind where BRFC is concerned because he's so far out of the loop he's effectively in China.

Another of the fat shysters stories blown out of the water, how many times now. A story that he broke on our big game weekend. This guy along with making things up acts as a stooge for agents trying to flush out deals. Post all his crap all you want Chaddy but don't blow smoke up his rear on twitter and just come to realise once and for all he's a stooge.

Jordan Rhodes to start for #rovers v #bwfc tomorrow. Gary Bowyer: 'I don't even understand why we would consider loaning Jordan.'

Thats from Paul Wheelock of the LT

Think Wheelock is a Rovers' puppet and whatever limited info he knows then he never reveals.

Wheelock should write history books as all he ever does is report what has already happened.

IMV, worst LT reporter for Rovers in 50+years of reading the rag.

The problem is that any rumour posted on here suddenly becomes gospel and the board goes into meltdown for absolutely no reason at all.

Chinese whispers people!

See post above. Dark forces at work here. Local Journo fed disinformation/ kept out of loop yada yada yada. FFS!

And now the post below too. You're wrong MM you can make it up.......... and do, regularly!

Archived