BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

I've been very vocal in my defence of Rhodes and the need for him to remain at the club, but I'm now leaning more towards selling him on in the summer.

I don't think the manager knows how to accommodate him in the current side, he seems to be disinterested and if we can get decent money for him i'd consider selling, but only if we can bring in another striker.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been very vocal in my defence of Rhodes and the need for him to remain at the club, but I'm now leaning more towards selling him on in the summer.

I don't think the manager knows how to accommodate him in the current side, he seems to be disinterested and if we can get decent money for him if sell, but only if we can bring in another striker.

There's certainly no point paying him a hefty wage, turning down big bids, then sticking him on the bench

Do think a good manager would be playing rudy and jordan up top at the same point.

There's certainly no point paying him a hefty wage, turning down big bids, then sticking him on the bench

Do think a good manager would be playing rudy and jordan up top at the same point.

I certainly understand why Bowyers not playing him Baz, Gestede offers more or an attacking threat in the current setup. No doubt Rudy will leave in the summer, so maybe Rhodes will get back his place in the side.

chaddy 4th time of asking..people say you are bullied but you post stuff and when questioned you ignore stuff you dont want to answer.

why/how do YOU know Derby WILL pay all of Rhodes wages?

not trick question

chaddy 4th time of asking..people say you are bullied but you post stuff and when questioned you ignore stuff you dont want to answer.

not trick question

Chaddy the plant

I certainly understand why Bowyers not playing him Baz, Gestede offers more or an attacking threat in the current setup. No doubt Rudy will leave in the summer, so maybe Rhodes will get back his place in the side.

Theres more merit in playing Rhodes with Gestede than playing Brown. The times to play 1 up front are games like yesterday.

Although they don't make an obvious partnership they are still a threat.

Time to address the other problems in the team (weak central midfield) than up front, and time to have a go at the opposition and let them worry about our strikers than sitting back and trying to hit them on the counter with the slowest forward line in the country.

The problem we have is we have some excellent strikers, but we just don't take advantage of them or use them to their full potential. Perhaps we should be questioning Bowyer as how with arguably the best 2 strikers in this division, we set up to support neither player.

Rhodes - flourishes from crosses and passes in from the byline and through balls, so we rarely get it wide, play players on the opposite feet so they cut in, and have no one in the middle for the through balls.

Gestede, loves it in the air, but we don't have anyone big to be another target in the box, nor do we have any pace or energy to get up and make the most of the flick ons and knock downs he wins.

And don't give me the he has his hands tied with who he can buy. He had several windows where he can buy players to suit either system; as well as a stint at caretaker to work out how to get the best out of Jordan. That we get the best out of neither is pretty criminal imo.

not trick question

According to Alan Nixon, Derby will pay full wages.

Didn't you read the story yesterday.

Would have saved you asking me that question if you had seen the article.

Will be an article in Tomorrow Sun Newspaper on Rhodes's future

It's been obvious for a while that our style of play doesn't suit Rhodes. He scores goals in spite of the way we play, not because of it. We've been trying to fit a square peg into a round hole almost from the point he signed. The guy is as good a finisher as there is in this Division but to score goals he needs balls played in from out wide or threaded through into his runs. We either can't or won't play that way. Having said that he is extremely one paced, not a great header of the ball for a tallish guy and he rarely chases lost causes with any great enthusiasm.

We missed our way not snatching Hull's hand off in my opinion. That's all water under the bridge now though and as long as we're still in the FA cup we can't consider loaning him out.

Don't get your knickers in a twist Ffs !!! No I didn't see the article yesterday .. Does that not make me a fan ? I was busy yesterday and didn't see papers . Don't be cocky .

not trick question

Tumescent for Chaddy

Chaddy the plant

pathetic

You just know when Nicko scribbles something about the Rovers it is going to be absolutely nailed on true

:wacko:

It's been obvious for a while that our style of play doesn't suit Rhodes. He scores goals in spite of the way we play, not because of it. We've been trying to fit a square peg into a round hole almost from the point he signed. The guy is as good a finisher as there is in this Division but to score goals he needs balls played in from out wide or threaded through into his runs. We either can't or won't play that way. Having said that he is extremely one paced, not a great header of the ball for a tallish guy and he rarely chases lost causes with any great enthusiasm.

We missed our way not snatching Hull's hand off in my opinion. That's all water under the bridge now though and as long as we're still in the FA cup we can't consider loaning him out.

Agreed, he doesn't fit the way we play. He would be perfect for Derby because they create a lot of chances for their strikers and in Will Hughes they have a creative mdfielder who is far too good for the Championship. The other side of that is that he brings very little else to the side. Tis a conundrum but i'd sell him for the reasons you state. If we're going to meet FFP he's going to have to be sacraficed. I'd have bitten Hull's hand off too, i just hope the same amount of money is on the table. Just hope Bowyer has at least two young quality strkers lined up

And you don't post to get a reaction ..

No. I come on here to talk about football, you come on here to try and rattle Chaddy. Set up your own thread entitled 'I hate Chaddy cos he doesn't hate everything about Rovers' then you and your pals can fill yer boots.

Don't get your knickers in a twist Ffs !!! No I didn't see the article yesterday .. Does that not make me a fan ? I was busy yesterday and didn't see papers . Don't be cocky .

Not being cocky at all Abbey. Did I say it doesn't make you a fan? NOPE I DIDNT.

Here is the article. The link was in the Nick Harris topic.

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/30367-nick-harris-mail-on-sunday/#entry1515065

It was the way it came across chaddy

Agreed, he doesn't fit the way we play. He would be perfect for Derby because they create a lot of chances for their strikers and in Will Hughes they have a creative mdfielder who is far too good for the Championship. The other side of that is that he brings very little else to the side. Tis a conundrum but i'd sell him for the reasons you state. If we're going to meet FFP he's going to have to be sacraficed. I'd have bitten Hull's hand off too, i just hope the same amount of money is on the table. Just hope Bowyer has at least two young quality strkers lined up

Classy that changing my words in a quote

Nicko gospel on Rovers chaddy well I never

There was quite a debate in the pub before and after the game yesterday and the general consensus was if Rhodes is loaned then sold then GB can FO as he has no idea and we'll probably end up with a 5 or 6 goal a season forward once Gestede goes as well come the summer

They've been putting the squeeze on Rhodes for a while, I said a few months ago to watch that situation carefully. It would be of no surprise if he's lost his rag finally. Don't blame him one bit.

They've been putting the squeeze on Rhodes for a while, I said a few months ago to watch that situation carefully. It would be of no surprise if he's lost his rag finally. Don't blame him one bit.

When he was warming up yesterday someone shouted are you coming on or what Jordan he gave a wry smile

Archived