BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mini meltdown over. At his pre match presser Gary has confirmed that Rovers not looking to loan out Rhodes and he will play against Bolton tomorrow.

Doesn't wash.

Not all the fans are fools who follow blindly.

You yourself said that unusually Rhodes' representatives 'not responding'.

Oh, what a surprise. Rhodes to go out on loan story is a load of nonsense. The only way it would be acceptable is if there is a guaranteed sale at the end of it. There isn't, so a non-story.

Never say never !

IMV, too much smoke with this one.

Doesn't wash.

Not all the fans are fools who follow blindly.

You yourself said that unusually Rhodes' representatives 'not responding'.

Maybe the other Clubs who seemingly know a good thing when they see it have noticed Rhodes absence from recent starting line ups have made a cheeky enquiry which Shaw has out of courtesy referred to the owners who have quite correctly put the kibosh on it.

The only fools surely are anyone who thought Rhodes would actually be moving on loan to another Championship Club.

Unless the owners have suddenly lost interest or thrown the towel in overnight. However the fact we face a quarter final Cup replay against Liverpool and potential semi and final against Villa and Arsenal make the stories seem even more far fetched and bizarre.

Maybe the other Clubs who seemingly know a good thing when they see it have noticed Rhodes absence from recent starting line ups have made a cheeky enquiry which Shaw has out of courtesy referred to the owners who have quite correctly put the kibosh on it.

The only fools surely are anyone who thought Rhodes would actually be moving on loan to another Championship Club.

Unless the owners have suddenly lost interest or thrown the towel in overnight. However the fact we face a quarter final Cup replay against Liverpool and potential semi and final against Villa and Arsenal make the stories seem even more far fetched and bizarre.

Under normal circumstances would agree, however, this is the Raos and Rovers. Logic goes out of the window as you should know by now.

Make no mistake, Nicko knows his stuff.

IMV, it will be chaos at Ewood with right hand not knowing what left hand is doing. You couldn't make it up !

Tell us something we don't know, it's been exactly that for 5yrs now!

I think youve got a better record on getting information correct than Nicko!

IMV, it will be chaos at Ewood with right hand not knowing what left hand is doing. You couldn't make it up !

Not regarding Rhodes he doesn't. He's sold him several times over and he's still not gone.

Ironic, because Nixon just did.

Tell us something we don't know, it's been exactly that for 5yrs now!

I think youve got a better record on getting information correct than Nicko!

Nicko as a tabloid journo is good. I know there's a bit of 'history' with him and Rovers' fans but he knows more than the likes of Wheelock and Bayes ever will. Met him in the past at a number of events and he's a likeable bloke.

Never say never !

IMV, too much smoke with this one.

I've no doubt the story is true - I'm sure clubs do want to take Rhodes on loan. Rhodes may also be open to the idea, especially as he's not playing regularly. BUT the missing ingredient is whether the owners would sanction such a move. The fact they turned down a 12m offer from a prem club in the summer suggests they wouldn't consider a loan offer from another champ club. No chance.

Nicko as a tabloid journo is good. I know there's a bit of 'history' with him and Rovers' fans but he knows more than the likes of Wheelock and Bayes ever will. Met him in the past at a number of events and he's a likeable bloke.

He blotted his copybook on here a few years back, made a right arse of himself and that was on the back of his claim Venky's would put 50m into the club for transfers!

I've no doubt the story is true - I'm sure clubs do want to take Rhodes on loan. Rhodes may also be open to the idea, especially as he's not playing regularly. BUT the missing ingredient is whether the owners would sanction such a move. The fact they turned down a 12m offer from a prem club in the summer suggests they wouldn't consider a loan offer from another champ club. No chance.

Yep, at £12million should have snapped Hull's hand off.

Rhodes' value has now plummeted and will continue to do so whilst he sits on the bench and comes on, if he's lucky, as 2nd or 3rd choice sub.

If a loan deal can be done with a conditional purchase tied in at £7/8million, it would be madness not to do. Knowing when to cut your losses is key.

Rhodes' value has now plummeted and will continue to do so whilst he sits on the bench and comes on, if he's lucky, as 2nd or 3rd choice sub.

If a loan deal can be done with a conditional purchase tied in at £7/8million, it would be madness not to do. Knowing when to cut your losses is key.

No way Rhodes will leave for 7/8 million this year. Owners have shown they are happy to reject bids for players they want.

Rejecting 12 million was crazy imo.

No way Rhodes will leave for 7/8 million this year. Owners have shown they are happy to reject bids for players they want.

Rejecting 12 million was crazy imo.

They will be lucky to get £7/8million.

Maybe through no fault of his own, by his goal return, he's not really fired this season. V's saw him shooting us to the PL in August - things have changed dramatically since.

The amount of times Niko has sold Rhodes , it's now rather embarrassing .

Must be getting over £100 million now is Rhodes to sold by Niko

The fact the club has had to put a statement out to dismiss the rumours just shows how far out Niko is again .

No doubt the day will come when he does finally leave , and Niko can have the exclusive as he sells him every other week .

It was similar when we bought him , when Niko was saying it wouldn't happen

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. At the time, it looked like this could well be our season to get promotion, so it was an ambitious move to reject the bid. It looks silly now tho with us mid table and him not even being a guaranteed starter.

Don't think we'd ever let him leave for another championship club, especially not on loan. I could see one of the promoted teams offering our 8m back on him in the summer, and that's when I think he'll leave. Maybe not a bad time for him to move on. Gone a little stale at Blackburn, he will want a crack at the prem now, and we need the cash. I'll always be a big fan of the guy, top class attitude.

Gives a big rebuilding job up front though. Rudy, Rhodes and King all likely to go. Saying that, only Gestede has had any real impact over the course of the whole season. King has done well in the cup but not consistent enough. Rhodes still has 13 goals but his input into a lot of games has been dreadful, a real passenger. Compare what he offers to the team and what someone like Rudy offers.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. At the time, it looked like this could well be our season to get promotion, so it was an ambitious move to reject the bid. It looks silly now tho with us mid table and him not even being a guaranteed starter.

Don't think we'd ever let him leave for another championship club, especially not on loan. I could see one of the promoted teams offering our 8m back on him in the summer, and that's when I think he'll leave. Maybe not a bad time for him to move on. Gone a little stale at Blackburn, he will want a crack at the prem now, and we need the cash. I'll always be a big fan of the guy, top class attitude.

Gives a big rebuilding job up front though. Rudy, Rhodes and King all likely to go. Saying that, only Gestede has had any real impact over the course of the whole season. King has done well in the cup but not consistent enough. Rhodes still has 13 goals but his input into a lot of games has been dreadful, a real passenger. Compare what he offers to the team and what someone like Rudy offers.

Be careful or you'll be branded a hater. :)

He blotted his copybook on here a few years back, made a right arse of himself and that was on the back of his claim Venky's would put 50m into the club for transfers!

That was the info he was given from his insider apparently that cash was Balajis own.. The rest of the Rao's and certain parties veteod it.. As it wasn't too there advantage

Unfortunately for Nicko he'd already made a big scoop and the story fell leaving him stupid for penning the article.. But hey that's a journalists world

• Moderation Lead

You could make it up and Nicko did.

It's embarrassing that anyone reports whay he says, he's full of it and bitter that he's out of the loop. If you needed a reminder of how wrong he is, here are some of Nicko's misses:

£50 Million warchest

Steve Kean is impressive

Rhodes to Bolton/Wigan/anywhere where your mate Wee Dougie is

Utterly embarrassing that anyone thinks he 'knows his stuff'.

Rhodes hasn't been dreadful .. Haters gonna hate .. I hope when he goes he sticks 30 goals in the next season .

Be careful or you'll be branded a hater. :)

Rhodes haters gonna hate

Makes me think that Derby, Norwich, Sheff Wed etc..........haven't got a clue. They must all be wrong.

Rudy is great as a target man and is as good a header of the ball that I've seen. Immense in the air. The complete opposite of Jordan. Bowyer now favours a more direct approach which is a good thing as our defences favourite pass is a lump it so it's Rudy time.

They will be lucky to get £7/8million.

Maybe through no fault of his own, by his goal return, he's not really fired this season. V's saw him shooting us to the PL in August - things have changed dramatically since.

Then he is staying. Plain and simple. I will gladly eat humble pie if I'm wrong. There is no way a goal scorer like him will go for less. My rationale is that there is more money going into parachute payments and so the club's coming down will want a 20+ striker next year, they will do what Fulham did.

Archived