BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

I agree but that is not what appears to be happening. If what is being reported is true then we are looking to let him go out on loan and the club we loan him to will only pay proportion of his £40,000 per week wages. I really don't see the sense it doing that. Loan him by all means but make sure that they pick up the full wages.

We could be left with a scenario whereby he is loaned out to a club like Forest, they pay £10,000 per week of his wages and then do not go up. We don't get a guaranteed fee and the savings on wages aren't huge.

Completely agree.

For me, Bowyer has turned Rhodes from a prolific scorer into a workhorse and now that the goals are fewer as a result, he's an expensive frivolity. Bowyer much prefers non-scorers like Varney or Brown.

Whether he goes or not at this stage, his value (on and off the field) has been diminished when he could have been firing us to promotion. Despite all the intellectual rhetoric about 4-4-2 being dead and 4-5-1 the future, I do not believe that is the case in the Championship. Almost every team that has been promoted for the last half dozen or so years (probably longer) has had two strikers who both score 15-plus goals minimum - with one usually in the twenties.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonkers !... regardless or where we are in league , we've an FA cup q/f final coming up at home and , imo , a winnable semi why on earth would you sacrifice winning 1 or 2 of them games to save a few quid on wages

Forest? This story had now become laughable.

Forest aren't going up so there's no chance of a permanent deal in the summer. Plus, they're under an embargo like us. How can they therefore afford even a fraction of his wages.

The key thing in all of this anyway: the owners. Nicko has admitted on Twitter that he has no idea what the owners are thinking on this. It doesn't matter if the board or the manager want to sell, it's the decision of the owners. Personally, I think Rhodes is the one player who they will not sell.

No-brainer - they will sell both Gestede and Rhodes making a profit on Rudy and getting at least some of their outlay back on Rhodes. Rovers will do well to stay in the Championship next season under their current misrule. That doesn't really matter to the owners as Bowyer's stated aim is to sell players at a profit to the owners - that can be done in any division.

Despite all the intellectual rhetoric about 4-4-2 being dead and 4-5-1 the future, I do not believe that is the case in the Championship. Almost every team that has been promoted for the last half dozen or so years (probably longer) has had two strikers who both score 15-plus goals minimum - with one usually in the twenties.

If you look at the teams who are in the top 6 formations that they play most of the time,

Derby play 4-3-3

Bournemouth play 4-4-2

Boro play 4-2-3-1

Norwich play 4-3-3/4-diamond 4-2

Brentford play 4-5-1

Watford play 4-3-3 or 3-5-2

chaddy you said derby WOULD pick up ALL the wages. We get it you don't like Rhodes but he SHOULD be 1st choice he's the best in the division. Can you seen anyone paying 10-12m for Gestede? I cant.

Its just more in the long line of venky madness.Dont worry we is stable and making progress. In other happy clapping news the Easter Bunny is real.

Rhodes isn't 1st choice striker anymore. So paying 40k a week for not 1st choice striker is crazy.

Bowyer's 1st choice striker is Gestede.

But the decision is down to owners. What will they do?

So you get rid of Rhodes on loan and are still picking up the majority of his wages. King injured and Rudy picks up a injury, you are left with Brown.

Where is the sense in doing that? Sure let him go out on loan but make sure that the club taking him on loan pay the full wages and I would ask for a small loan "fee". Remember we are doing them a favour by letting them have a proven goalscorer.

Despite not having the best of season Rhodes has managed 13 goals from 29 appearances and could get to the magic 20 goal mark if he has more game time between now and the end of the season.

chaddy you said derby WOULD pick up ALL the wages. We get it you don't like Rhodes but he SHOULD be 1st choice he's the best in the division. Can you seen anyone paying 10-12m for Gestede? I cant.

Its just more in the long line of venky madness.Dont worry we is stable and making progress. In other happy clapping news the Easter Bunny is real.

Best in the division Abbey? He's not the best in blackburn. Didn't Sunday show you that?

There you go - got sucked in again!

So you get rid of Rhodes on loan and are still picking up the majority of his wages. King injured and Rudy picks up a injury, you are left with Brown.

Where is the sense in doing that? Sure let him go out on loan but make sure that the club taking him on loan pay the full wages and I would ask for a small loan "fee". Remember we are doing them a favour by letting them have a proven goalscorer.

Despite not having the best of season Rhodes has managed 13 goals from 29 appearances and could get to the magic 20 goal mark if he has more game time between now and the end of the season.

If he does go out on loan with rovers paying a fair chunk of his wages, it can only point to a falling out.

• Backroom

7 goals in 11 games is a tall order for a striker who isn't starting regularly. His goal record this season is less than 1 in 2 so he'd need to improve fairly significantly to get to 20 goals this season.

Rhodes isn't 1st choice striker anymore. So paying 40k a week for not 1st choice striker is crazy.

Bowyer's 1st choice striker is Gestede.

But the decision is down to owners. What will they do?

Stuff it up.

According to Alan Nixon, Derby will pay full wages.

Didn't you read the story yesterday.

Would have saved you asking me that question if you had seen the article.

Will be an article in Tomorrow Sun Newspaper on Rhodes's future

Why do you keep quoting Nixon's mischief? He hates us and just tries to disrupt our club. He is NOT the font of all knowledge and you well know that quoting him is irritating.

I would have thought his wages are no longer sustainable on our present income streams. Our present gates don't support paying any player £40,000 a week. If we continue to do that we will never get the transfer embargo lifted.

Our gates have never sustained players on 40k per week, the outside benefactors have. If we'd have had to pay players via our gates the wage bill would have been smashed to 5pwk per player years ago. Why sanction him a pay rise a few months before the ffp kicked in ? Someone sanctioned it !

Forest? This story had now become laughable.

Forest aren't going up so there's no chance of a permanent deal in the summer. Plus, they're under an embargo like us. How can they therefore afford even a fraction of his wages.

The key thing in all of this anyway: the owners. Nicko has admitted on Twitter that he has no idea what the owners are thinking on this. It doesn't matter if the board or the manager want to sell, it's the decision of the owners. Personally, I think Rhodes is the one player who they will not sell.

It's quite obviously the people at the club who want him out are trying to conjure up interest using various contacts. Maybe even Rhodes people are in on it now because he's fed up, he knows well go nowhere next season anyway. Nicko has his own agendas, it's how he earns a living.

Abbey, I don't hate any Rovers player or Rhodes. Rhodes is a proven goalscorer but the team isn't set up for him. The team is set up for Gestede.

Kamy, I don't want to lose Rhodes. He is proven goalscorer but we can't have a player sat on the bench on 40k a week tho. Bowyer set his team for target man type of Striker like Gestede.

The only way I would let Rhodes leave even on if we got deal in place for his full wages to be paid and they sign permanent whether they go up or not. Fee around 8 million pounds plus add ons.

The only way we will get this embargo lift is by cutting cost.

This is why I wasnt in favour of FFP rules at the start. And I said this at the time.

Gestede is 100% going at the end of the season, why on earth would you give Rhodes the opportunity to go now as well?

Start the season with Brown and Varney as striking options? No thanks! We have to hold on to Rhodes at all costs, if Bowyer is staying he needs to build a team now that can play to Rhodes' style. The season is over other than the FA Cup, Gestede will play for Palace or WBA next year. All of the league games should be utilised at trying to build a style of play that sees Rhodes scoring a bucketful and defenders actually defending (which we're actually quite good at if we don't play Hanley).

I'd be starting:

Steele

Henley Baptiste Kilgallon Olsson

Evans Spearing

Marshall Cairney Conway

Rhodes

In the league and tinkering until we find a way of attacking at pace and creating gaps for Rhodes upfront.

Gestede will be playing in the PL next season. Probably will get around 6 million pounds.

Will King sign a new deal?

Varney is out of contract at the end of the season.

So Rovers will need at least 2 new strikers if not 3 new strikers in the summer.

he was a good target man on sunday and if Rhodes had been around to pick up some of them knockdowns . What about Conways blaze over, I think if Rhodes had been in Gestedes position he would have finished it instead of dummying it. Rhodes for me Den

chaddy I didn't say hate ,I said didn't like..or you think

Abbey, I don't hate any Rovers player or Rhodes. Rhodes is a proven goalscorer but the team isn't set up for him. The team is set up for Gestede.

Kamy, I don't want to lose Rhodes. He is proven goalscorer but we can't have a player sat on the bench on 40k a week tho. Bowyer set his team for target man type of Striker like Gestede.

The only way I would let Rhodes leave even on if we got deal in place for his full wages to be paid and they sign permanent whether they go up or not. Fee around 8 million pounds plus add ons.

The only way we will get this embargo lift is by cutting cost.

This is why I wasnt in favour of FFP rules at the start. And I said this at the time.

you seem to hate Robbo................

No-brainer - they will sell both Gestede and Rhodes making a profit on Rudy and getting at least some of their outlay back on Rhodes. Rovers will do well to stay in the Championship next season under their current misrule. That doesn't really matter to the owners as Bowyer's stated aim is to sell players at a profit to the owners - that can be done in any division.

And make a few people a few bob in the process...

Anyone get the feeling venkyscum aren't interested in promotion..... Strange

King won't sign a deal, he's told the club he isn't interested in a new deal. You can't expect to sign 2 new strikers, we're under a transfer embargo. Clubs get out of this league by either having a Premier League squad or by having a team that grows together (Watford, Boro, etc). We can't start next season without Gestede, Rhodes & King, and with three new strikers that haven't played together.

Archived