BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

Jordan Rhodes was 22 when he signed for us and had scored 20+ for 3 seasons running in League One. He had started scoring in the Championship for Huddersfield when we went in for him. He had proven in 3 years at Huddersfield that he would score goals and it was a safe bet he would carry on doing so as he got older.

Garner however apart from the last 12-18 months at Preston has never scored goals with any regularity.

I'm not saying he would be a bad addition, I could easily be proven wrong, I just think too many people immediately look at his recent form, combine it with him being a Blackburn lad and think that immediately makes him a hero in the making.

If Rhodes or Gestede were to leave we should be looking at people who have scored goals at this level, rather than taking a huge gamble on someone who at the age of 27 has never done it above League One.

I do wonder how people are expecting us to get promoted if the only criteria is a connection to Blackburn and success in League One/Two. Something that Garner, Hill and Ainsworth all have in common, yet interestingly no other Championship clubs have gone in for any of them.

We have the strikers we need already, just needs Madam to say they are staying and that's that.

Then get GB some tactical support and pot Degsy and Myers and its onwards and upwards

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I talked to King's representatives yesterday and was told that they had received a contract offer from Rovers which had not been signed yet. King and his representatives are keen to evaluate all options before making a decision.

In my opinion i would be very surprised if he signs a deal with Rovers. Gary has shown very little faith in him, often preferring to play Brown ahead of him. King is likely to have clubs in the Premier League interested in him and possibly even clubs in France, Spain and Italy. The only way that I can see him signing a deal is if Rovers make him a financial offer that he cannot refuse, is Gary likely to ever sanction that given his reluctance to play him over the last 2 years

Are you acting as his agent Kamy? Really can't see any Premiership Clubs being interested in him, Presumably people weren't queueing up to sign him when Henning Berg picked him up off the scrap heap and I hardly think his time here as a whole will have enhanced his reputation.

I was thinking about this yesterday and whilst I accept it is theoretically possible he could suddenly improve and transform into an effective consistent performer, he has been dreadfully injury prone throughout his time here and I don't see how that will ever change. So any deal needs to be what we can afford and what we can afford only. Anything else would be suicidal. His agent needs telling a few home truths tbh. Namely that his client has performed absolutely atrociously during his time here and if he has in fact received an offer from us, he's bloody lucky to have done so!

Not Nixon article.

We need to get out business done as soon as possible this summer if terms of sales IMO.

Chaddy, Kamy said exactly that just over an hour before you. You do have an annoying habit of picking up on something other people have said and passing it off as your own opinion to make it sound as if you have some sort of inside knowledge or handle on what is going on within the Club!.

Chaddy, Kamy said exactly that just over an hour before you. You do have an annoying habit of picking up on something other people have said and passing it off as your own opinion to make it sound as if you have some sort of inside knowledge or handle on what is going on within the Club!.

I have my opinion and it is the same opinion as Kamy. IMO, if we going to sell both of our main strikers then we have to it as early as we can during the season.

We need the FFP Embargo lift aswell. Lets hope as J*B said before that Rovers have done some very clever accounting last season.

I have my opinion and it is the same opinion as Kamy. IMO, if we going to sell both of our main strikers then we have to it as early as we can during the season.

We need the FFP Embargo lift aswell. Lets hope as J*B said before that Rovers have done some very clever accounting last season.

Who has said we are selling both our strikers, doesn't make any sense too do that.

QPR are the key to FFP being lifted/ended

Next summer unfortunately

Varney? Surely they never gave the stiff a two year contract? Somebody needs sacking if they did.

How will this improve the team and its performances.

• Backroom

Wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Are you acting as his agent Kamy? Really can't see any Premiership Clubs being interested in him, Presumably people weren't queueing up to sign him when Henning Berg picked him up off the scrap heap and I hardly think his time here as a whole will have enhanced his reputation.

I was thinking about this yesterday and whilst I accept it is theoretically possible he could suddenly improve and transform into an effective consistent performer, he has been dreadfully injury prone throughout his time here and I don't see how that will ever change. So any deal needs to be what we can afford and what we can afford only. Anything else would be suicidal. His agent needs telling a few home truths tbh. Namely that his client has performed absolutely atrociously during his time here and if he has in fact received an offer from us, he's bloody lucky to have done so!

King has totally destroyed two very capable Prem defences in two games Simon playing in a 4-5-1 formation. I can assure you that will have been well and truly noted.

Who has said we are selling both our strikers, doesn't make any sense too do that.

QPR are the key to FFP being lifted/ended

I think the footballing powers that be will kick little Rovers rather than confront QPR. QPR have a serious owner who can make a lot of noise, and will be savvy enough to find legal loopholes.

We have that grinning simpleton Shaw running the show. Jeez- I would use us an example with that easy target in charge.

Spend all you can as fast as you can before they impose it again. Then hope QPR get relegated and say stuff ffp.

Ps it's tongue in cheek

They will get relegated, that is the catalyst

I think the footballing powers that be will kick little Rovers rather than confront QPR. QPR have a serious owner who can make a lot of noise, and will be savvy enough to find legal loopholes.

We have that grinning simpleton Shaw running the show. Jeez- I would use us an example with that easy target in charge.

Agree about Shaw but he is a chancer and should be able to jump on the QPR bandwagon,

the again

:wacko:

• Backroom

The FL will have to be strong regarding FFP rules, or they're opening themselves up to all kinds of potential lawsuits from clubs that have already been punished as well as those who have balanced their finances accordingly in order to comply.

Might be being ignorant but isn't FFP a Uefa initiative?

Sure is,

They should have acknowledged what the real problem is instead of punishing the clubs,

Greedy agents and players having the clubs over with no thought about the future viability of the clubs or what the fans think.

Spend all you can as fast as you can before they impose it again. Then hope QPR get relegated and say stuff ffp.

Ps it's tongue in cheek

Tongue in cheek perhaps but it's nail on the head.

There is no point selling your best players to get out of an embargo when buying inferior replacements will put us pack under embargo again.

As Souness once said, we need to wee with the willy we've got.

Right now we have strike partnership that young lads would buy a Subaru with a loud exhaust to compete with.

King has totally destroyed two very capable Prem defences in two games Simon playing in a 4-5-1 formation. I can assure you that will have been well and truly noted.

True. However you could more or less count on the fingers of one hand the number of times King has performed in his 2.5 years here. Or at least our 6 fingers neighbours from down the M65 could.

More pertinently expecting him to suddenly become largely injury free just because he has been handed a bumper new deal is an entirely forlorn hope imo.

Bit like expecting David Dunno to magically become injury free mid career. Not that I am comparing King to Dunn in terms of ability. Just the ability to remain perennially injured.

Might be being ignorant but isn't FFP a Uefa initiative?

Pretty sure the Championship Clubs agreed similar but not identical rules to UEFA. It is they who threatened to fine QPR 60 odd million for overspending last time they were in the Championship in the event they get relegated again.

That will hopefully bring matters to a head like yoda said.

I might be out of line but I get the impression that King is a bit of a sulker and has an attitude to match? If that is the case would we be more likely to get a regular tune out of him if he was the main man? If we lose Gestede and Rhodes it's very likely that King will be the main man next season if he deigns to accept the offer put to him.

The FL will have to be strong regarding FFP rules, or they're opening themselves up to all kinds of potential lawsuits from clubs that have already been punished as well as those who have balanced their finances accordingly in order to comply.

Looks like this is how Bolton, Cardiff and Fulham managed the situation, how we didn't and why QPR might save us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/11587937/QPR-may-regret-failing-to-exploit-FFP-loophole.html

Looks like this is how Bolton, Cardiff and Fulham managed the situation, how we didn't and why QPR might save us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/11587937/QPR-may-regret-failing-to-exploit-FFP-loophole.html

What a surprise that Rovers missed a trick here. Might have been different with a proper Exec structure at the club.

Effectively, we've only got ourselves to blame for the embargo.

Archived