BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

Chaddy did seem to post with an air of authority to which he hasnt replied yet. Maybe hes asking his boss on how to reply.

I only just check now the messageboard.

Scouts names are

Tommy Johnson(Chief Scout)

Ian Bowyer

Gerald Cassidy

Alan Miller

Phil wilson

thats the scouts I know about.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a poor article in The Sun from Nixon. Absolute twaddle.

Varney is out of contract for starters. King has yet to sign a new deal and may well decide not to. Brown will be here, that was the only accurate bit!

Gestede will be sold, for sure. Rhodes will be sold if the right money is offered, but I have my doubts anyone will offer enough. IF they are both sold, it will be for a lot more than the figure The Sun quoted. We've already seen how hardline Venky's are with transfer fees - they only sell for a good price.

That's incredible.

Hughes used to sometimes play Tugay and Mokoena at centre mid who would have similar stats. That worked because Bentley and Pedersen had pretty much free roles in a Brazilian style 4-2-2-2. I think Bowyer tried to do similar earlier on in the season with Cairney and Marshall but the form of those two mid season was what ultimately put pay to our brief playoff challenge in my opinion

I talked to King's representatives yesterday and was told that they had received a contract offer from Rovers which had not been signed yet. King and his representatives are keen to evaluate all options before making a decision.

In my opinion i would be very surprised if he signs a deal with Rovers. Gary has shown very little faith in him, often preferring to play Brown ahead of him. King is likely to have clubs in the Premier League interested in him and possibly even clubs in France, Spain and Italy. The only way that I can see him signing a deal is if Rovers make him a financial offer that he cannot refuse, is Gary likely to ever sanction that given his reluctance to play him over the last 2 years?

Over next few month or so every club in the bottom half of the Premier League will be linked with Rudy, as will the 3 clubs that go up.

I expect that Rovers will be keen to get any deal sorted as early as possible and ditto for other players to be sold. They have to make an accounts submission to the Football League at the end of June this account submission will be used by the Football League to determine whether transfer sanctions should remain in place until the next review date at the end of November 2015.

Over next few month or so every club in the bottom half of the Premier League will be linked with Rudy, as will the 3 clubs that go up.

I expect that Rovers will be keen to get any deal sorted as early as possible and ditto for other players to be sold. They have to make an accounts submission to the Football League at the end of June this account submission will be used by the Football League to determine whether transfer sanctions should remain in place until the next review date at the end of November 2015.

Does that mean we could POTENTIALLY be out of FFP this summer?

The trouble is only the top few in the prem do their business that early in the summer. The rest hold off to save on the huge wages they save by not paying to do nothing during the summer months.

I talked to King's representatives yesterday and was told that they had received a contract offer from Rovers which had not been signed yet. King and his representatives are keen to evaluate all options before making a decision.

In my opinion i would be very surprised if he signs a deal with Rovers. Gary has shown very little faith in him, often preferring to play Brown ahead of him. King is likely to have clubs in the Premier League interested in him and possibly even clubs in France, Spain and Italy. The only way that I can see him signing a deal is if Rovers make him a financial offer that he cannot refuse, is Gary likely to ever sanction that given his reluctance to play him over the last 2 years?

Well maybe an Insurance that he plays, If fit, as either Rhodes or gestede are certain to leave. Give him that and hopefully he stays, imagine losing all three...

The trouble is only the top few in the prem do their business that early in the summer. The rest hold off to save on the huge wages they save by not paying to do nothing during the summer months.

Unless they fear a squabble between 5 or 6 other clubs and potentially losing their key target - then they'll want to swoop in and get the job done.

Unless they fear a squabble between 5 or 6 other clubs and potentially losing their key target - then they'll want to swoop in and get the job done.

But then the player isnt in a rush as he wants to wait for the 5 or 6 to join in also and push up his deal

So here we are on 6th May, just four days on from the final league game of the season, and it has already started.

In the last week alone I can recall three national newspaper 'stories' linking Rhodes/Gestede with moves away from Rovers this summer.

Yesterday The Sun said that we were giving King a new contract so we could sell Rhodes and Gestede for £15 million and would be relying on King, Brown and Varney (conveniently ignoring that Varney is out of contract in July).

Today we have club(s) interested in Gestede.

This is getting boring already and is likely to be accelerated as the summer progresses. Until Rovers have sold them both there is going to be a seemingly relentless campaign from certain individuals to stir up speculation, rumours and interest in our best players.

Why? Who knows. What I do know is Rovers and Gestede/Rhodes in particular seem to be getting much, much more than their fair share of tabloid speculation considering that we are 'only' at mid-table Championship club. Contrast to the amount of times we hear about supposed interest in Brentford's best players, or Wolves' best players, and we get a lot more of it for some reason.

We all know the individual who works for The Sun who is responsible for the majority of rumours in relation to Rovers. He's linked Rhodes to about 15 clubs in the last 3 years and yet he's still here. It seems to be an unhealthy obsession for him, but that's the industry he's in and columns have to be filled.

We also seem to get a disproportionate amount of coverage in the Daily Mail/Daily Telegraph. Both have been at it again in the last week linking both players with moves away.

Eventually they will leave. Then they will suddenly lose interest in Blackburn. I think I'm going to keep a list at home of all the newspapers and websites that produce 'stories' and see how many are even remotely accurate by September.

Using the same techniques as Bolton used (releasing accounts showing massive debt, then accounts showing reduced debt) we should be able to lose the transfer embargo this window - although it would probably come back in November. Selling Gestede can only help this - assuming he's sold for 7m thats a 700% return which will help.

Step up, Joe Garner.

Archived