BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

Hear what you're saying, but the club is in a desperate state - what is more likely to convince fans to buy a season ticket for next year - watching Dunn who won't be there, or a young exciting prospect?!

And which exciting young prospect would that be? Don't want to rain on your parade too much but while we have some possible decent young players, an exciting young prospect we do not have.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hear what you're saying, but the club is in a desperate state - what is more likely to convince fans to buy a season ticket for next year - watching Dunn who won't be there, or a young exciting prospect?!

You'll get plenty of paying fans and ST's who want to say farewell to Dunn though. When will the next real local born Rovers fan like him be around ? Probably a decade or two if ever. Might as well make it Dunny day.

May as well give him a decent run out in the second half. A lot of people will probably be buying tickets specifically to see Dunn's last game.

If we want to see the young ones there is plenty of room in the side. Any of the midfielders can be dropped/subbed as they are all poor at the minute.

Gestede going won't be the be all end all...If we sell Gestede and Rhodes we are able to get the Embargo lifted which would allow us to trade. People worry that we wouldn't be able to replace them to which I have never been so confident that we would be able to replace them with ease. I would sell Hanley as well and get 20m for all 3 of them.

After that re-invest in the loan and transfer market, and take advantage of the free transfers. Whether it be with Chris Wood on Loan, or other few great transfer targets available. Main thing is we need to balance the books, and balance out the squad a little. Get rid of the big names, bring in a few youth likes Eastwood, Raya, Lenihan, Mahoney, and work with that and bring in a few other top players in and i will remain confident for next year.

Gestede going won't be the be all end all...If we sell Gestede and Rhodes we are able to get the Embargo lifted which would allow us to trade. People worry that we wouldn't be able to replace them to which I have never been so confident that we would be able to replace them with ease. I would sell Hanley as well and get 20m for all 3 of them.

After that re-invest in the loan and transfer market, and take advantage of the free transfers. Whether it be with Chris Wood on Loan, or other few great transfer targets available. Main thing is we need to balance the books, and balance out the squad a little. Get rid of the big names, bring in a few youth likes Eastwood, Raya, Lenihan, Mahoney, and work with that and bring in a few other top players in and i will remain confident for next year.

It's such a perfect world

you sure of that ?

i would think it will take a lot more to lift it.

Gary?

Yep and we should bring Alan shearer out of retirement and play hendry at the back and sack bowyer and replace him with ancellotti and put some money on the lottery and win £60 million and use the money to buy iniesta and sell hanley and replace him with pique

For real?

You're expecting us to bring, not one but two, 20+ goals per season strikers in for peanuts?

You are in for a serious shock next season.

TBF I bet that is not far off the script that Gazy, Shelfy and Sick notey will be spouting in Pune

Makes a total mockery of FFP if you can lose £20million and then go about buying a £12million striker (according to the papers) and still not be punished.

It also reveals just as much when the club is under embargo yet much of the support base would pack in before paying the market value for ST's.

You'll get plenty of paying fans and ST's who want to say farewell to Dunn though. When will the next real local born Rovers fan like him be around ? Probably a decade or two if ever. Might as well make it Dunny day.

Maybe a testimonial is in order then?!

A testimonial? I'd wager Dunny will have earned more per minute on the pitch than any two other players combined that we have ever had on the books. The last thing he needs is a testimonial to top up his retirement fund! Anyway he'll probably pull out at the last minute with another little 'niggle'.

The only thing that would get me to part with my hard earned in such a scenario would be if Tugay agreed to play.

Don't mind giving him a standing ovation at half time and a lead role in the lap of honour at the end, but in terms of playing I would rather we play a youngster who could have a future with us.

We haven't got any of those in Dunny's position.

I can think of a ton of players who the curse of Ewood struck and they were poor for other clubs after leaving. But can anyone think of a player who we've held on to and it being a mistake? Am struggling to think of any...

Won't be popular for me to say, but Pedersen. We could have gotten very good money for him at one point from Spurs, and although at the time I said don't take it, I feel we should have. Pedersen went on to be a liability for years in my view. Hitting flurries of form for a game or two that made him nearly undroppable, but overall someone we could have done better than. Was just sucking a wage in his last few years, for me.

Doesn't O'Sullivan play in that position? (I genuinely don't know)

Yep, can do I think. Like I said, nobody who has a future. Lad is 21 and was playing League Two football earlier this season. I struggle to think he's going to make it, and I heard nobody raving about his showing in the first team. I guess I shouldn't so flippantly write him off, especially since I didn't see him play for us myself, but I've heard nothing to get the blood pumping. Hope he proves me wrong.

A testimonial? I'd wager Dunny will have earned more per minute on the pitch than any two other players combined that we have ever had on the books. The last thing he needs is a testimonial to top up his retirement fund! Anyway he'll probably pull out at the last minute with another little 'niggle'.

The only thing that would get me to part with my hard earned in such a scenario would be if Tugay agreed to play.

Testimonials at this level are as much for the fans as they are to acknowledge the services of loyal players. Providing the money went to a good cause then I don't see a problem. I'd definitely go. Reuniting the last promotion squad - or even the Worthington cup squad would do just fine.

That said, the next Rovers player to be here long enough for testimonial talk will probably need the proceeds...

I definitely would take him. Good pro. We need more experience in the squad and he'd fit the bill.

If we had a Baptiste/Killa central defensive partnership for the whole season, I believe we would have got top 6. We were at our best this season when they were together at CH.

Instead, Bowyer persisted with Hanley/Duffy.

I think the most important position to fill before next season is a proper fitness coach, the numbers of injuries we have had this season is ridiculous. Not all that can be solved with a fitness coach, I know, but it just seems that our players never last for the entire game.

Well, unless that Croatian fella is still around... ;)

Archived