BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Backroom

Consistently league 2 level. Bowyers level. Soon to be our level with these pair in the team with brownie up top

So you've obviously played for a League 1 side? Care to reveal?

How many have you scored against PL opposition?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else think Spearing will end up at forest with wee dougie.

I hope so - barring his first game not been over impressed. He has been the opposite of Tunnicliffe - who got better with games - Spearing seems to have got worse. To be honest very disappointed as I thought he would be a good loan signing,

You'd be surprised! I actually liked one of your posts the other day. I'd didn't agree with some of it but I thought it was well argued and you had a point. I can't remember which post it was of course! My finger wavered over the'like' button but then I thought.........."Naaah"

Go on----you know you want to! Must confess to sneaking a peek at this post!

Ah well---back to normal!

• Backroom

Is that you disagreeing ?

Oh good you're catching on ;)

Yep. Also just pointing out that if you're a better player than Taylor and describe him as a L2 player, you must've played pro for a L1 side.

If you think Taylor and Williamson aren't perfectly fine squad players at this level (they'd both get in a lower half Champ 1st team imo), then we'll just have to disagree on that. But as per your comments about Taylor's 'level' compared to you, I suspect you won't enter a sensible debate about their faults or merits.

I hope so - barring his first game not been over impressed. He has been the opposite of Tunnicliffe - who got better with games - Spearing seems to have got worse. To be honest very disappointed as I thought he would be a good loan signing,

Glad we lost out on his signing for us then. Tunnicliffe doesn't seem to be pulling up trees at Fulham.

All our midfield players are poor really. If it's Evans, Williamson, Spearing, Lowe etc you get basically the same thing. Just hope that GB realises that a leader in the middle of the park is priority.

Not sure GB realizes anything that the team needs.

• Backroom

The only issue with Rudy will be valuation. If there's one thing you can say about Venky's that is remotely positive, it's that they don't sell players for anything other than the price they deem worthy (or they release them after freezing them out for a while).

I can't see Venky's budging on their price, which probably will be around £7M. Prem clubs will have undoubtedly been impressed by Rudy's performances in the cup, and for us this season, but they may also take into account the fact he's 27 in October and this season has been the first season he's been anything close to prolific. He only scored 7 goals for Cardiff in 55 apps. Prem clubs will surely wonder if £7M is a reasonable price for a player who's had one decent season in the Championship.

That said, I do expect somebody to shell out for him. I'm just not sure how wise that will be.

• Backroom

PL club free transfers this summer - could we nab any of them?

Arsenal: Chabou Akpom, Mikel Arteta, Matthieu Flamini, Abou Diaby.
Aston Villa: Fabian Delph, Ron Vlaar.
Burnley: Danny Ings.
Chelsea: John Terry, Didier Drogba.
Crystal Palace: Andy Johnson, Joel Ward.
Everton: Antolin Alcarez, Sylvain Distin.
Hull: Hatem Ben Arfa.
Leicester: Anthony Knockeart, Esteban Cambiasso.
Liverpool: Steven Gerrard, Glen Johnson, John Flanagan, Brad Jones.
Man City: Martin Demichelis, James Milner.
Man Utd: Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Anderson.
Newcastle: Jonas Gutierrez.
QPR: Rio Ferdinand, Joey Barton, Bobby Zamora.
Southampton: Jack Cork, Maya Yoshida.
Stoke: Peter Crouch, Glen Whelan.
Sunderland: Wes Brown.
Swansea: Gerhard Tremmel.
Spurs: Younes Kaboul.
West Brom: -
West Ham: Ravel Morrison, Winston Reid, BIG SAM!

Taken from this article, so they may have moved on already: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11317133/Premier-League-players-who-become-free-agents-in-2015.html?frame=3150676

Why would King sign a contract under a manager that doesn't play him?

maybe he would if Bowyer makes him his number 1 striker next season

Would love Knockaeart here, one of the best players in the division a couple seasons ago.

great shout,.

that's list is abit out date cos Cork signed for Swansea in January

David ray a is out of contract? oh dear.

The last thing rovers should be doing is signing premier players. We're meant to be selling players to offset losses. Bring in a freebie on a big wage won't help.

al though the chances of us eventually complying with ffp if we sold everything including madame's soiled pants, Jordan Rhodes' pet monkey and grant Hanley's drinks cabinet are nil anyway, so why not eh?

Another list of out-of-contract players, Championship this time:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraegeliste/wettbewerb/GB2

7 first team players out of contract including 3 of our first choice back four and two of our most promising youngsters! Not only are we bobbins on the pitch but we are bobbins off it.

7 first team players out of contract including 3 of our first choice back four and two of our most promising youngsters! Not only are we bobbins on the pitch but we are bobbins off it.

bobbins.Olsson has already signed an extension till 2016, Kilgallon is just about to and baptiste was only on loan. Apart from that, good post :wacko:

Olsson signed a new contract till summer 2016.

Kilgallon is just about to sign a new deal.

we need to give new deals to Raya and Lenihan

not really whether the other out of contract players stay tbh. I wouldn't sign them.

I would probably give Paul Taylor a 1 year contract for next season

• Backroom

Olsson signed a new contract till summer 2016.

Kilgallon is just about to sign a new deal.

we need to give new deals to Raya and Lenihan

not really whether the other out of contract players stay tbh. I wouldn't sign them.

I would probably give Paul Taylor a 1 year contract for next season

You'd give Taylor a contract based on what? One average to defent performance against a terrible team? Or based on the fact that its probably what GB will do

He's on £10k a week now if he is willing to take a quarter of that then maybe but otherwise its spend we don't need

Archived