BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know. I won't be telling you though. You wouldn't be interested anyway as it doesn't suit your agenda.

Don't think I need you to advise me.

See that Aussie village still hasn't found its lost idiot.

Before signing more players, Bowyer should get the basics right rights by recognising his limitations as a manager and hire a decent defensive coach.

To be fair we seem to have made a little bit of progress in that regard. What concerned me about the little I saw of Rovers this season was the lack of tempo. They appeared to lack lack confidence, consequently the passing was sloppy and lacked zip so we looked ponderous as well as short of ideas.

Midfield has been identified by some as an area that needs urgent attention. I would agree.

I'm 'told' he was selling grass seed on the side...... Might be nonsense - many rumours are, and quite frankly I would bet it very likely is. It's why I don't like to get drawn in by them. 90% are pure horse sh*t and can leave people with egg on their face, and more importantly reputations can be tarnished by them.

Isn't the purpose of a messageboard to exchange views and 'gossip' ? If so cynical then best to say away from them.

Don't think I need you to advise me.

See that Aussie village still hasn't found its lost idiot.

You need to consult your Little Book of Putdowns again. Must do better.

Maybe try a response that doesn't involve a reference to Australia so that you don't seem so short of ideas.

• Moderation Lead

Isn't the purpose of a messageboard to exchange views and 'gossip' ? If so cynical then best to say away from them.

Of course, but if people habitually get rumours wrong, they can't expect their credibility to be completely intact when they peddle more in the future to be fair.

You need to consult your Little Book of Putdowns again. Must do better.

Maybe try a response that doesn't involve a reference to Australia so that you don't seem so short of ideas.

You really are an imbecile of the highest order.

All you do is seek to knock a number of individuals - you have nothing constructive to add to this MB.

The futures of Rhodes and Gestede will as always come down to Venkys and their view on things. The views of others will have very minor importance in the scheme of things.

If they reach the end of this season and decide they want to cash in, reduce wages, raise a bit of money, and are willing to negotiate with other clubs to strike a deal on those two, then I can see both leaving.

If they decide to continue on the same path as the last 2 years then at most I can see one leaving. If they have a valuation and will not buckle from that then it will be very difficult for interested clubs to get deals over the line. In their warped world they probably recognise that selling both would upset a lot of supporters and so will probably fight to ensure at least one is here next season.

In my opinion there is little point in actively trying to sell either if we are going to be under an embargo either way. There's no point losing your best players if you can't even try to replace them.

I think Paul Taylor's deal is as good as done, and was probably agreed several weeks ago. He will be signing for the club permanently, no doubts.

I would be pleasantly surprised if King stayed at the club. I wouldn't be particularly upset if he did leave given his limited contribution and fitness issues but I still believe he can be an asset in this division. If Gestede or Rhodes were to leave I can see Bowyer offering him regular starts in his preferred forward position which might appeal.

Chris Taylor and Lee Williamson I wouldn't be too upset if they were kept on, but for me both should be squad players who come off the bench or step up in the event of injuries. Neither should be starting games if we are wanting to kick on and move up the league.

Spearing I expect to stay. I think Bowyer is a big fan and Spearing is well out of favour at Bolton, so I could see them letting him come here on a free just to get him off their wage bill. Baptiste however I expect to go back to Bolton and be a regular there next season. A shame but that is the risk you take when signing players on loan.

In terms of the defence, providing both Duffy and Hanley get fit and remain at the club and Kilgallon signs a new deal then I would hope to see A.N. Other established CB brought in. Perhaps young Doneil Henry again if he can get fit or even Darragh Lenighan if he impresses in the next two games. Four should be sufficient.

• Moderation Lead

All you do is seek to knock a number of individuals - you have nothing constructive to add to this MB.

Put each other on ignore, simple. It's supremely boring to read all this bickering. You don't agree with each other, we get it.

Oh......

..........would it help if I made up some rumours?

Most of the interesting stuff doesn't see light of day.

For example, haven't seen it anywhere as to why Rovers 'lost' their long established groundsman.

And fortunately you won't. Most companies like to keep staff issues private and rightly so.

Thing is, due to the performances of Evans, Cairney and Spearing, he's probably been the standout CM this season. Hardly a ringing endorsement, but still.

Completely agree. Williamson has been our one consistent performer in midfield, week in and week out, home and away, all season. I'm happy to see him have another season but would think that Lenihan will be groomed to take over the defensive midfield role. Williamson has been the one midfielder to put his foot in and win tackles in the middle of the park.

And fortunately you won't. Most companies like to keep staff issues private and rightly so.

You miss the point I was trying to make.

You would be surprised just how much leaks through the Ewood sieve - not as much as 12 months ago and beyond but still quite a bit. That's why there is persistent gossip and rumour. Some staff issues should be kept private and rightly so, however, you are naïve in the extreme if you think the reasons for the departures of the likes of Beamish and Patrick are confined to the Ewood P & C filing cabinet !

Now it's just getting silly to say that williamson deserves to be given an extension...the guy has no technique at all. The number of times he's had the ball in the middle of the pitch and the full back starts a run down the wing and LW just hasn't got the technique to spread it over the head of the defender into the path of our attacking full back, instead he passes back. You can actually see him think what he'd like to do, but he knows himself that he ain't got the skill.

Someone actually makes a fair comment in the comments section of that article (unusual for the LET I know but....).

For those wanting to see the youngsters play the last few games, if they've played at least 5 first team games then they become 'Established' players under FFP rules. By ensuring that they do not have 5 appearances by the start of next season, means that we can add more 'experienced' players and they can still be part of the squad.

Now it's just getting silly to say that williamson deserves to be given an extension...the guy has no technique at all. The number of times he's had the ball in the middle of the pitch and the full back starts a run down the wing and LW just hasn't got the technique to spread it over the head of the defender into the path of our attacking full back, instead he passes back. You can actually see him think what he'd like to do, but he knows himself that he ain't got the skill.

A career of over 400 games in the Football League alone would suggest that the guy clearly has enough to technique to have made a very good living out of being a professional footballer. His distribution is far better than many give him credit for and his tackling is far better than those around him. It's been noticeable that we seem function better as a team when he is playing regularly than when he is not.

Someone actually makes a fair comment in the comments section of that article (unusual for the LET I know but....).

For those wanting to see the youngsters play the last few games, if they've played at least 5 first team games then they become 'Established' players under FFP rules. By ensuring that they do not have 5 appearances by the start of next season, means that we can add more 'experienced' players and they can still be part of the squad.

That's an amazingly insightful contribution for the LT comments! Its usually made up of fruit loops and Dingle WUMs.

It also demonstrates what a load of old @#/? FFP is.

Disappointed to read Williamson might be getting a contract extension.

The one name I hope I don't see on the team sheet.

Don't mind him. He's sloppy and a bit frightening on the ball but in my opinion was one of the absolute standout performers over both legs against Liverpool. He's becoming a bit of a boo-boy which is a shame. I sit with a chap who can't stand him and blames him for every little thing.

He might not feature in my starting 11 but he can always come on and do a job as a stopper when required.

Thing is, due to the performances of Evans, Cairney and Spearing, he's probably been the standout CM this season. Hardly a ringing endorsement, but still.

I don't think its fair to put Cairney into that group. His role in the team is different to that of Evans, Spearing and Williamson. Cairney is never going to offer what they do defensively just like Williamson will never offer what he does offensively.

IMO it was Cairney's introduction on Tuesday night that resulted in a drastic improvement in the last 20 minutes. He could easily have scored 2 or 3 or had he been less greedy could instead have set up someone else.

Granted he's not met last season's level due to I believe a recurring fitness issue, but he remains one of the few players we have who can make things happen going forward.

Completely agree. Williamson has been our one consistent performer in midfield, week in and week out, home and away, all season. I'm happy to see him have another season but would think that Lenihan will be groomed to take over the defensive midfield role. Williamson has been the one midfielder to put his foot in and win tackles in the middle of the park.

I agree at Williamson's performances but, much like Dunny last Summer, I feel it's one contract too far. Time for pay as you play.

A career of over 400 games in the Football League alone would suggest that the guy clearly has enough to technique to have made a very good living out of being a professional footballer. His distribution is far better than many give him credit for and his tackling is far better than those around him. It's been noticeable that we seem function better as a team when he is playing regularly than when he is not.

Looking at the clubs he's played for Mansfield, Rotherham, Northampton etc, I'd suggest that the living he's made would be average and he's probably on the best money he's ever been on right now. Lower league player but that's where we're heading, so giving him a new extension is probably about right.

If Williamson was released, he'd most likely end up in League One, or at best a bottom-half Chumpionship club. He's an honest grafter and one of the few midfielders we have who actually puts a foot in, but he's also a one-paced crab who'll be knocking on 34 next season. If we can't do better than that, even with FFP, then I despair.

I agree at Williamson's performances but, much like Dunny last Summer, I feel it's one contract too far. Time for pay as you play.

Archived