BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/11554817/Swansea-line-up-move-for-Blackburn-striker-Rudy-Gestede.html

Rudy linked with Swansea. With the £28m they got for Bony and the new Prem TV deal i hope Rovers ask for at least £10m.

With the likelihood he will want to leave and the clubs need to sell it is unlikely Rovers will be in any position to make demands like that.

That said I reckon your valuation is not too wide of the mark, I'll be sad to see him leave.

The last 3 weeks the scouts who have until now almost exclusively been concentrating on UK talent have been on European scouting missions to Scandinavia, Austria and Germany.

have you heard anymore about how this scouting trip went and do you know if Rovers are interested in any players from these countries?

have you heard anymore about how this scouting trip went and do you know if Rovers are interested in any players from these countries?

We are signing a n elk from Sweden to replace Brown's goals and a mountain goat from Austria in a straight swap for Varney

We are signing a n elk from Sweden to replace Brown's goals and a mountain goat from Austria in a straight swap for Varney

So we actually do know how to get a fabulous deal done then, things may be looking up

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/11554817/Swansea-line-up-move-for-Blackburn-striker-Rudy-Gestede.html

Rudy linked with Swansea. With the £28m they got for Bony and the new Prem TV deal i hope Rovers ask for at least £10m.

If a Championship club can pay £11m for McCormack, then Rudy's got to be worth at least £15m. :D

Simple answer - we have very little to be positive about.

If you think selling two of the best strikers in the Championship (almost 40 league goals this season), who under a half decent manager would have fired us to the PL, is 'positive' then I give up.

1. GB is far more than half decent IMVHO. Certainly not the best or most experienced a club like ours deserves, but it is ignoring the facts making comments like that - Find me this gossip that says the Raos can make effective decisions...

2. The positive is we won't be budged. Despite you selling Jordan Rhodes 7 times already, the owners have never accepted a bid for him. They did the same with RG in January, and if they increase the prices again (like they should do after good performances) there is more chance they will stay. If they do leave, we will likely make a profit on both - which is back to what kept this club going after JW died anyway.

Rather than coming here with specifically the negative spin - why can't you actually give balance?

You mention a few vultures circling for our u21s - why don't you actually say who, so we can start a tally for how many times you've sold another player?

I've seen plenty of things posted on Facebook. Just paper talk but would you really be surprised if they left?

Six of the last thirteen hardly suggests he's Bowyer's number one does it? Looks like he's preparing for life without Rudy by playing Brown.

God help us. After giving him time to show what he can do Brown really is pants.

Oh it's Cluedo! I like that. Give you a clue back. One can run.

Haters gonna hate.

So could Forrest Gump.

Seriously, are we really going to pretend that Rhodes isn't good enough for Rovers? We'll miss him when he's gone.

Gestede will 100% leave. King will also go. They will be the only high profile players to leave imo. Best will be paid off I reckon.

Rhodes will have bids but no one will match the price we want and he won't force through a move. None of our other top players have been consistent enough to generate any serious interest.

Taylor and Baptiste will sign on permanent deals. Spearing will be sent back.

In addition to Taylor and Baptiste, I think we'll try and sign a target man to replace Gestede, a speedy winger to replace King, and a central midfielder (maybe Tunni on loan again). Of course they may have to be frees or loans if the embargo isn't lifted. If it isn't, I think we'd actually be happy to finish 9th next season!

The side doesn't need major surgery, we just need more pace up top and a bit more steel in the middle of the park.

Gestede will 100% leave. King will also go. They will be the only high profile players to leave imo. Best will be paid off I reckon.

Rhodes will have bids but no one will match the price we want and he won't force through a move. None of our other top players have been consistent enough to generate any serious interest.

In addition to Taylor and Baptiste, I think we'll try and sign a target man to replace Gestede, a speedy winger to replace King, and a central midfielder (maybe Tunni on loan again). Of course they may have to be frees or loans if the embargo isn't lifted. If it isn't, I think we'd actually be happy to finish 9th next season!

The side doesn't need major surgery, we just need more pace up top and a bit more steel in the middle of the park.

Baptiste is contracted to another year at Bolton so unless they give him a free we won't be signing him, unless it's on loan without a fee.

So could Forrest Gump.

Seriously, are we really going to pretend that Rhodes isn't good enough for Rovers? We'll miss him when he's gone.

£8m and isn't a regular starter Stuart?

Bowyer spelled out why he hasn't been starting him earlier this week. Basically, he has no all round game and that costs the team dearly.

Who of the U-21's do you think Rovers will keep ?

• Moderation Lead

£8m and isn't a regular starter Stuart?

Bowyer spelled out why he hasn't been starting him earlier this week. Basically, he has no all round game and that costs the team dearly.

As well as the central midfield not pressing forward or backwards, play to your striker's strengths.

sadly I think Gestede(who I would try to keep at all cost) and King will go this summer. Kamy was saying on twitter on Tuesday that Gestede has PL teams and German team interested in him.

I can see Rhodes leaving aswell this summer. I see Boro being interested if they get promotion this season. maybe Norwich. Will Hull be interest also in him?

I do agree that I can't see anybody getting a move tbh based on this season's performance tbf.

on Signings, I think Paul Taylor will sign permanent this summer. Also think Bowyer will re-sign Chris Taylor and Matt Kilgallon this summer.

we need a pacey striker and target man in to replace King and Gestede. I would look at getting Chris Wood on loan from Leicester next season. maybe look to sign David McGoldrick who contract end this season.

maybe look to the foreign market aswell. might be able to pick up a couple of good players there on the free transfers market.

Who of the U-21's do you think Rovers will keep ?

I would look to keep Raya, Lenihan, Nyamba, Lavelle, Mansell, Mahoney and maybe Green

I would look to keep Raya, Lenihan, Nyamba, Lavelle, Mansell, Mahoney and maybe Green

Think you will find that one of those names gets snapped up by a PL club pretty soon.

Archived