BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not wanted by Lennon. We'll take him back on loan for the season.

Lennon would have brought back Baptiste in Jan if he felt he could be part of his plans, much like Fulham recalled Tunni (who, incidentally, doesn't seem to be making the same sort of impact he did at Rovers).

Lennon's already said he wants him for pre-season at Bolton. Also Bolton would have to give Baptiste to us for free. You may be right but there's no way you can say with any certainty Baptiste will sign for us this summer.

Lennon's already said he wants him for pre-season at Bolton. Also Bolton would have to give Baptiste to us for free. You may be right but there's no way you can say with any certainty Baptiste will sign for us this summer.

Aye. Lennon says he hasn't seen Baptiste and wants to assess him during pre season.

He'll be their best defender if utilised correctly. I don't expect to see AB back. More gaps to plug

Good, solid reliable sure-footed player with decent positional sense. Calm defender. It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer. Major upheaval won't help.

• Backroom
“What a free transfer Tommy Spurr has been. Matt Kilgallon makes that two. And then there’s Chris Taylor.

Amusing that he's referencing two players who aren't regularly in the first team and one that's only there because Hanley and Duffy are injured.

Pretty much every decent permanent transfer we've had over the last two seasons has come in with a fee. I appreciate Gary's trying to put a positive spin on things, as you'd expect, but the reality is we're looking at a much weakened squad come August.

The article is further confirmation for me that Gary will still be manager come next season.

I can see us bringing in some players from Europe, the scouts over the last 2 months have spent a considerable amount of time in Scandinavia, Austria and Germany.

• Backroom

The article is further confirmation for me that Gary will still be manager come next season.

I can see us bringing in some players from Europe, the scouts over the last 2 months have spent a considerable amount of time in Scandinavia, Austria and Germany.

Can't think of many successful Scandinavian Championship players. Cardiff had a few in their squad but they're too weak for this division.

Saying that, at least they aren't scouting Portugal.

Amusing that he's referencing two players who aren't regularly in the first team and one that's only there because Hanley and Duffy are injured.

Pretty much every decent permanent transfer we've had over the last two seasons has come in with a fee. I appreciate Gary's trying to put a positive spin on things, as you'd expect, but the reality is we're looking at a much weakened squad come August.

He's not going to endear himself to fans with the positive spin on the back of a poor season. There is a danger of it becoming another Desai love-in. Unhealthy (and unusual) to have a manager who is not judged by results, performances and league ambitions.

Think Ewood is a strategy and nous free zone.

Some of the gossip is frightening if true.

Lucky that most rumours are a crock of old @#/? and/or scare mongering then isn't it? How many times has Jordan Rhodes been spotted popping into M&S on Middlebrook again?

Lucky that most rumours are a crock of old @#/? and/or scare mongering then isn't it? How many times has Jordan Rhodes been spotted popping into M&S on Middlebrook again?

Most of the interesting stuff doesn't see light of day.

For example, haven't seen it anywhere as to why Rovers 'lost' their long established groundsman.

For example, haven't seen it anywhere as to why Rovers 'lost' their long established groundsman.

I know. I won't be telling you though. You wouldn't be interested anyway as it doesn't suit your agenda.

I'm 'told' he was selling grass seed on the side...... Might be nonsense - many rumours are, and quite frankly I would bet it very likely is. It's why I don't like to get drawn in by them. 90% are pure horse sh*t and can leave people with egg on their face, and more importantly reputations can be tarnished by them.

Archived