BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give him a chance. He hasn't finished making up that rumour yet.

Has the Aussie medical profession still not found a cure for your verbal diarrhoea ?

we will see.

who the player? and who he is signing for?

Said on here earlier in the week, expect the story to break in the papers before the week's out.

Has the Aussie medical profession still not found a cure for your verbal diarrhoea ?

Said on here earlier in the week, expect the story to break in the papers before the week's out.

I think you will find it is pandemic in Aussie, sledging they call it

Degsy in the board room any one!

You seem to be going after Shaw in most of your posts these days Yoda, any reason why a part from the obvious PNE/Agnew connection?

I'm not saying I've got much time for the guy, but I was speaking to a well respected member of this site who was adamant Shaw was doing a very good job in difficult circumstances so it made me stop and think.

Think you will find that one of those names gets snapped up by a PL club pretty soon.

Even I know West Ham had scouts out possibly watching Reya, it's no secret is it?

Who of the U-21's do you think Rovers will keep ?

I don't know tbh. I don't know too much about the youth team. But O`Sullivan signed a new deal in Jan, Lenihan will be offered a new contract (although he may be the player mercerman is referring to), and Nyambe, Rittenberg and Mahoney look like they're nearly ready to be in and around the first team picture.

You seem to be going after Shaw in most of your posts these days Yoda, any reason why a part from the obvious PNE/Agnew connection?

I'm not saying I've got much time for the guy, but I was speaking to a well respected member of this site who was adamant Shaw was doing a very good job in difficult circumstances so it made me stop and think.

Even I know West Ham had scouts out possibly watching Reya, it's no secret is it?

I could put you in touch with another member of this site who would say completely the opposite based on personal experience

Baptiste is contracted to another year at Bolton so unless they give him a free we won't be signing him, unless it's on loan without a fee.

Not wanted by Lennon. We'll take him back on loan for the season.

Lennon would have brought back Baptiste in Jan if he felt he could be part of his plans, much like Fulham recalled Tunni (who, incidentally, doesn't seem to be making the same sort of impact he did at Rovers).

I could put you in touch with another member of this site who would say completely the opposite based on personal experience

Would that be how he's performing in his Ewood capacity? For the good of Blackburn Rovers?

So could Forrest Gump.

Seriously, are we really going to pretend that Rhodes isn't good enough for Rovers? We'll miss him when he's gone.

Read back through this thread. Pages and pages of bickering. The hater and trembler stuff is particularly cringe-worthy. I was trying to point out that no one hates anybody.

Rhodes has been one of the few shining lights in a drab few years. I bet Huddersfield fans say the same.

Forrest Gump ran for 3 years 2 months 14 days and 16 hours.

Read back through this thread. Pages and pages of bickering. The hater and trembler stuff is particularly cringe-worthy. I was trying to point out that no one hates anybody.

Rhodes has been one of the few shining lights in a drab few years. I bet Huddersfield fans say the same.

Forrest Gump ran for 3 years 2 months 14 days and 16 hours.

For once, I think Abbey's hyperbole is actually justified.

There are some fans who won't be happy until Rhodes and his 20 goals a season make way for a 'proper' striker.

For once, I think Abbey's hyperbole is actually justified.

There are some fans who won't be happy until Rhodes and his 20 goals a season make way for a 'proper' striker.

It was never as simple as that. Just differences of opinion on how best to maximise available resources. It's a Blackburn Rovers debate more than a Jordan Rhodes debate. At least for some.

Gestede will 100% leave. King will also go. They will be the only high profile players to leave imo. Best will be paid off I reckon.

Rhodes will have bids but no one will match the price we want and he won't force through a move. None of our other top players have been consistent enough to generate any serious interest.

Taylor and Baptiste will sign on permanent deals. Spearing will be sent back.

In addition to Taylor and Baptiste, I think we'll try and sign a target man to replace Gestede, a speedy winger to replace King, and a central midfielder (maybe Tunni on loan again). Of course they may have to be frees or loans if the embargo isn't lifted. If it isn't, I think we'd actually be happy to finish 9th next season!

The side doesn't need major surgery, we just need more pace up top and a bit more steel in the middle of the park.

If that's all that happens i'll settle for it. He must strengthen the middle though (although a position will be preserved for Lowey no doubt). Also we desperately need another striker capable of at least scoring one or two and who's a bit different from the standard big guy routine. Otherwise he'll play the same old @#/? next season only we won't have a Gestede on the end of things. He must change his style of play.

Lennon said in the press the other day they've been keeping tabs on Baptiste and he wants to sit down and talk with him when he goes back, plus he'd cost a fee. Wouldn't be surprised if we get Spearing either as GB has stated he's a big fan and has tried to get him before.

Rudy will be gone. His type are always worth having around at any club even if they aren't regular starters. Rhodes I'm just holding on to the fact it's a massive ask for any Champ club to come up with the fee & his contract bearing in mind everyone has to keep an eye on FFP now. I think only the serious Champ clubs would the ones interested in him so I hope it's a no goer.

Does anybody think Gestede or Rhodes will be here next season? Will clubs pay the asking price that the owners want?

Would anybody like to see David McGoldrick here next season?

Personally I think any of the mid to lower Premiership teams would be daft not to take a gamble on Gestede. His all round game is by no means perfect - but given the right service he is unplayable irrespective of the team he is playing against. For me Rhodes is another matter - high wage earner, probably a higher fee - probably a better all round finisher - but can't help but feel that Premiership defences will have him in their back pockets.

Given a choice - sell Rhodes and use the money to give Gestede a pay rise.

Archived