BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

Agree with all you say other than this. We need both of them along with Duffy which gives us strength in the cb position with ok cover at full back.

Ideally, but if we need to cut corners wherever possible I don't think we can justify four centre-backs all expecting first-team football.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ideally, but if we need to cut corners wherever possible I don't think we can justify four centre-backs all expecting first-team football.

Agree, which is why I'd ship out Hanley. But I guess that isn't going to happen.

Think it's a bit of a waste Baptiste at full back but he can do it, and his versatility could save us wages on cover in those positions.

Would anyone take David McGoldrick on a free transfer? He scores goals at this level tho does get injury.

Chris Wood on loan from Leicester?

Joe Garner from Preston? Scores goals.

Preston are going to be in the same division as us next season so not really an upward move for Garner

Would anyone take David McGoldrick on a free transfer? He scores goals at this level tho does get injury.

Chris Wood on loan from Leicester?

Joe Garner from Preston? Scores goals.

i assume McGoldrick is injured at the moment because he's been good at this level. Surprised his contract is ending so he may have something lined up unless he's just keeping his options open...him and Wood would (Edward) make a pretty decent strike-force at this level and could be relied on to get the equalizer should we fall behind.

• Backroom

McGoldrick has been injured for a while now, on and off. Surprised Ipswich are letting his contract run out - can only assume they don't want to pay his wages any more? Though he's on less than £10k pw.

Team of the decade?

Rhodes is a goal poacher.

So was Jimmy Greaves

McGoldrick has been injured for a while now, on and off. Surprised Ipswich are letting his contract run out - can only assume they don't want to pay his wages any more? Though he's on less than £10k pw.

Ipswich owners and money..Recently read Roy Keane on his Time at Ipswich.. Though he admitted letting JR go was a big mistake even though he desperately needed to raise some funds

IMHO mick McCarthy has done a magnificent job on the resources available

• Backroom

Team of the decade?

Rhodes is a goal poacher.

Goals are goals. That's whats strikers are paid to do.

IMHO mick McCarthy has done a magnificent job on the resources available

Truly incredible. But there are still Town fans here who moan about him and his style of play, despite the fact he's worked a miracle with their squad and resources.

I like to look at the teams going down every season and see if they have any decent players we could nick, this season, Blackpool and Wigan, wouldnt take any of their players. Millwall if they went down, we could take a punt on that Lee Martin proper winger and a decent player, Rotherham, if they went down would look at Broadfoot, decent defender.

Rhodes named in football league team of the decade , seems it's just a number of our own fans who don't rate him

Whether he fits into our team or not , whether we don't appreciate his attributes or not his goal scoring record is absolutely phenomenal and full credit to him , he deserves it. If he played anywhere else we would die to have him in our team. Not being able to accommodate a guy who scores that many is really a problem for the manager and the coaching staff to resolve, surely??

I do wonder how many decent players would actually qualify or be in the Championship for that length of time if they were really that great which is I suppose another argument.

However whilst I am in the camp of thinking we ought to cash in on Jordan this year, the guy 's scoring record is awesome and we should all take our hats off to a guy who has that kind of goal ratio.

Archived