BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest are still under the same embargo as us. Well that's how I read the article

Forest were already under a part embargo because of breaching Financial Fair Play rules.

A full ban was imposed last week for failing to meet the latest instalment owed to Peterborough for £5m summer signing Britt Assombalonga.

But the Reds have now paid, meaning they can register players, albeit under the restrictions of their original ban.

In the BBC gossip colum this morning saying now we want 7 million for Rudy after his performances this season...

i think he'd terrorise defences in the Prem if he was fully motivated every week. Liverpools defence shat it as soon as he came on at Ewood. Same with Swansea. £7m is still a bargain imo. Ulloa cost Leicester £7m from Brighton and Rudy is twice the player.

Forest are under the same embargo as us, so if we 'have' to cash in on our best players after failing to get promoted there can be absolutely no logic to the likes of Forest being interested when their income is similar to ours.

Even if they came up with some miraculous accounts to get the embargo lifted, attempting to spend millions of pounds on one player would immediately see them back making a big loss again.

It says it all about the double standards and inconsistent enforcement of these FFP rules that Forest can even be rumoured to be interested.

FFP should prevent any club outside the Premier League from bidding £10 million for anyone.

Then again, maybe Forest are planning on doing whatever it is that Middlesbrough have done to avoid an embargo. Last week Middlesbrough posted a loss of £20 million, up from £18 million the previous year. I'd love someone in the know to explain to me how they have avoided a ban.

Forest are under the same embargo as us, so if we 'have' to cash in on our best players after failing to get promoted there can be absolutely no logic to the likes of Forest being interested when their income is similar to ours.

Even if they came up with some miraculous accounts to get the embargo lifted, attempting to spend millions of pounds on one player would immediately see them back making a big loss again.

It says it all about the double standards and inconsistent enforcement of these FFP rules that Forest can even be rumoured to be interested.

FFP should prevent any club outside the Premier League from bidding £10 million for anyone.

Then again, maybe Forest are planning on doing whatever it is that Middlesbrough have done to avoid an embargo. Last week Middlesbrough posted a loss of £20 million, up from £18 million the previous year. I'd love someone in the know to explain to me how they have avoided a ban.

How have Boro avoided a transfer embargo? £18million last year and now £20million this.

So they have significantly lost more than the rules allow twice and they haven't been hit by a embargo either time. What's more frustrating is, despit these losses they were still linked with spending yet another £12million on Jordan Rhodes.

Someone needs to explain this to me because on the face of it, it seems totally unfair that we get punished and others don't.

How have Boro avoided a transfer embargo? £18million last year and now £20million this.

So they have significantly lost more than the rules allow twice and they haven't been hit by a embargo either time. What's more frustrating is, despit these losses they were still linked with spending yet another £12million on Jordan Rhodes.

Someone needs to explain this to me because on the face of it, it seems totally unfair that we get punished and others don't.

Exactly. I've no problem with us being punished if all those breaking the rules are treated the same. Its about time Rovers demanded answers from the league, but for some reason they seem happy to accept their punishment without taking action.

My guess is that given Boro's position near the top of the league the powers that be are hoping that Boro will go up and then they can brush the issue under the carpet like they have with the other offenders QPR and Leicester.

Since the punishments were announced Middlesbrough, Brighton and Bolton have all announced losses in excess of the £8 million permitted, yet strangely no embargos and no explanation from the people enforcing these rules as to why not. There will be more to join the club too.

Its double standards, and another reason why we should fight tooth and nail to keep our better players. I refuse to accept we should be forced to offload our best players due to these rules when others are allowed to break them and face no punishment, infact in Middlesbrough's case are able to rack up increased losses in pursuit of the Premier League.

Exactly. I've no problem with us being punished if all those breaking the rules are treated the same. Its about time Rovers demanded answers from the league, but for some reason they seem happy to accept their punishment without taking action.

My guess is that given Boro's position near the top of the league the powers that be are hoping that Boro will go up and then they can brush the issue under the carpet like they have with the other offenders QPR and Leicester.

Since the punishments were announced Middlesbrough, Brighton and Bolton have all announced losses in excess of the £8 million permitted, yet strangely no embargos and no explanation from the people enforcing these rules as to why not. There will be more to join the club too.

Its double standards, and another reason why we should fight tooth and nail to keep our better players. I refuse to accept we should be forced to offload our best players due to these rules when others are allowed to break them and face no punishment, infact in Middlesbrough's case are able to rack up increased losses in pursuit of the Premier League.

it stinks and our club should be letting our fans know exactly why we are being punished when others aren't. The club should also be putting pressure on the Football League to give them a clear explanation as to why we're being punished and others aren't, otherwise it just looks like we are rolling over and having our bellies tickled.

Interesting, but how are our losses different to theirs? What is an 'exceptional item' of loss?

The difference is they have competent people running the club who can weasel their way out of FFP and sanctions through financial slickness and jargon.

It's no surprise that 2 clubs affected - us and Forrest - both have basket case owners.

I'm confident with competent "proper" football people at the helm, we'd have been able to avoid FFP.

• Moderation Lead

The difference is they have competent people running the club who can weasel their way out of FFP and sanctions through financial slickness and jargon.

It's no surprise that 2 clubs affected - us and Forrest - both have basket case owners.

I'm confident with competent "proper" football people at the helm, we'd have been able to avoid FFP.

And Leeds, all easy targets because, like you say, basket case ownership.

FFP comes in 6 month cycles all it needs is someone behind the scenes to sort out the accounts accordingly during the said period

And Leeds, all easy targets because, like you say, basket case ownership.

Good shout, forgot they were the third club. All very telling isn't it. Anyone with a half decent owner it seems has nothing to fear.

Another frustration of Venkeys - just imagine if we had the last window to be able to get in the players we wanted too. It doesn't seem like it's financial restrictions holding us back, so much as incompetent ownership and executive management.

Good shout, forgot they were the third club. All very telling isn't it. Anyone with a half decent owner it seems has nothing to fear.

Another frustration of Venkeys - just imagine if we had the last window to be able to get in the players we wanted too. It doesn't seem like it's financial restrictions holding us back, so much as incompetent ownership and executive management.

nail on the head.....the board do nothing its all self preservation

Archived