BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

If Williamson was released, he'd most likely end up in League One, or at best a bottom-half Chumpionship club. He's an honest grafter and one of the few midfielders we have who actually puts a foot in, but he's also a one-paced crab who'll be knocking on 34 next season. If we can't do better than that, even with FFP, then I despair.

We probably are a bottom half championship club next season, therefore likely he will be at Ewood.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our midfield choices will factor around what strikers we have next season. We seem forced into 442 because its hard to leave out Rhodes or Rudy. However if 1 or both leave then we may end up playing a 4-5-1 or some close variant next season. In a 5 man midfield, even an aging willo can be fairly effective in this league. In a 442 I agree with the views above, that it may be 1 contract to many

• Backroom

On Tuesday's evidence Paul Taylor looked ok but I wouldn't want him taking up one of the few remaining squad places, he's nothing that we don't already have and still think he's an accident waiting to happen

Gosh, chris-h and I like the same post!! For different reasons I suspect!

You'd be surprised! I actually liked one of your posts the other day. I'd didn't agree with some of it but I thought it was well argued and you had a point. I can't remember which post it was of course! My finger wavered over the'like' button but then I thought.........."Naaah"

On Tuesday's evidence Paul Taylor looked ok but I wouldn't want him taking up one of the few remaining squad places, he's nothing that we don't already have and still think he's an accident waiting to happen

That was probably him playing out of his skin against Millwall, hoping for a contract, what will he be like when/if he gets one ?

He's in his mid 20s I believe, well he ain't done much in his career so far, so you have to wonder.

That was probably him playing out of his skin against Millwall, hoping for a contract, what will he be like when/if he gets one ?

He's in his mid 20s I believe, well he ain't done much in his career so far, so you have to wonder.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I have no idea if that applies to Taylor, but all the same, even in the Premier League we were in the habit of signing castoffs from other clubs.

I wouldn't be too optimistic in Taylor's case, especially as Mick McCarthy couldn't get a tune out of him.

But I suppose there might be a very slim chance that he has finally learnt his lessons and decides not to

totally, throw his career in the bin.

Rudy had been a model professional before we signed him, as far as I'm aware, so hardly correct to

compare the two.

Would ideally rather have cast offs without recent criminal records tbh. But perhaps beggars can't be choosers.

Not too worried about his criminal record, always willing to give a guy a 2nd even 3rd chance, it's his application

that worries me.

Plenty of footballers past and present, have criminal records but have been successful on the pitch.

You miss the point I was trying to make.

You would be surprised just how much leaks through the Ewood sieve - not as much as 12 months ago and beyond but still quite a bit. That's why there is persistent gossip and rumour. Some staff issues should be kept private and rightly so, however, you are naïve in the extreme if you think the reasons for the departures of the likes of Beamish and Patrick are confined to the Ewood P & C filing cabinet !

In the case of Beamish could it not just have been a case of him having no actual qualifications for the job he was doing other than being an ex player and having clung onto the gravy train after Uncle Jack's unexpected arrival since time immemorial?

In any event, he'd reached normal sort of retirement age hadn't he?

Edit: He's 68 in August so he certainly wasn't removed before the end of his natural life span so to speak.

• Backroom

Not too worried about his criminal record, always willing to give a guy a 2nd even 3rd chance, it's his application

that worries me.

Plenty of footballers past and present, have criminal records but have been successful on the pitch.

A footballer's attitude to life tends to reflect on the pitch. Ravel Morrison by all accounts had every attribute to be a star, but mentally he just wasn't there and he's nowhere near the level he should be.

Maybe Taylor will put it all behind him, but the bloke's 27 already. If he's still acting like a dick I'm not sure there's much hope for him. As I said though, beggars can't be choosers and we might just have to hope for the best.

In the case of Beamish could it not just have been a case of him having no actual qualifications for the job he was doing other than being an ex player and having clung onto the gravy train after Uncle Jack's unexpected arrival since time immemorial?

In any event, he'd reached normal sort of retirement age hadn't he?

Edit: He's 68 in August so he certainly wasn't removed before the end of his natural life span so to speak.

He is doing a great job on a part time basis for another club not to far away, which may become more like full time when a family difficulty is resolved.

He is actually an astute commercial operator with a contact list to die for, you do Jack walker a disservice with that comment, Jack Walker employed good people who knew what they were doing.

The article is further confirmation for me that Gary will still be manager come next season.

I can see us bringing in some players from Europe, the scouts over the last 2 months have spent a considerable amount of time in Scandinavia, Austria and Germany.

Is that where you see Bowyer replacing Gestede and Rhodes from?

I see Paul Taylor signing permanent this summer. For me, he has point to prove and get his career back on track. Hopefully he can do that is.

Bowyer clearly wants King to sign a new deal this summer. He gives us pace. King will consider his options. I hope he signs a new deal here.

Wonder if Bowyer will look at signing Nick Powell from Man Utd on loan?

Is that where you see Bowyer replacing Gestede and Rhodes from?

I see Paul Taylor signing permanent this summer. For me, he has point to prove and get his career back on track. Hopefully he can do that is.

Bowyer clearly wants King to sign a new deal this summer. He gives us pace. King will consider his options. I hope he signs a new deal here.

Wonder if Bowyer will look at signing Nick Powell from Man Utd on loan?

I cant work it out to be honest. We have limited spaces for new faces yet he is on about offering new contracts to Willo , C Taylor . So just exactly what will we have room to bring in?? Wonder if the reasons the young lads haven't featured as much as we thought might be due to not wanting them to play 5 games and therefore qualify as established??

So losing Rudy and Jordan as seems likely and the rest seems like it wont change much. So in my world trying to replace 40 goals, very little change elsewhere so in gods name how could we ever hope to finish higher than we have this year????

Doesn't look great to me

Why would King sign a contract under a manager that doesn't play him?

I'd be inclined to agree if JK had more goals than injuries in the past 12 months! Unfortunately, like a few of the young ones with potential- he's suffered niggling injuries.

The post about FFP proves what nonsense it is. It actually stops you from playing youngsters....

• Backroom

I cant work it out to be honest. We have limited spaces for new faces yet he is on about offering new contracts to Willo , C Taylor . So just exactly what will we have room to bring in?? Wonder if the reasons the young lads haven't featured as much as we thought might be due to not wanting them to play 5 games and therefore qualify as established??

So losing Rudy and Jordan as seems likely and the rest seems like it wont change much. So in my world trying to replace 40 goals, very little change elsewhere so in gods name how could we ever hope to finish higher than we have this year????

Doesn't look great to me

Losing Robbo and a top striker would free up 2 places and reduce weekly wages by about 50k imo. Best and Dunn the following year. Point being we have spaces taken up by players who never play.

At least C.Taylor and Willo play and play consistently.

I'd be inclined to agree if JK had more goals than injuries in the past 12 months! Unfortunately, like a few of the young ones with potential- he's suffered niggling injuries.

The post about FFP proves what nonsense it is. It actually stops you from playing youngsters....

If the players are under 21 then it's no bother. They can play as much as they like and it's fine in the eyes of FFP. If they are over 21 then they can become established players and affect our restrictions.

With this being the case, we should be looking to get as many of the 18-20 year olds up to speed with the first team over summer at least.

Archived