• Scottish National Party
    • Green
    • Respect
    • Democratic Unionist Party
    • Plaid Cymru
    • SDLP
    • Alliance Party
    • No one - They are all a shower of s#@t

Regrettable of course but hardly the actions of a southerner though Al which she is frequently perceived to be.

Not a Southerner but the bitch is supposed to be a Tory. Hardly a Conservative policy decision.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Biddy.

Gav is now in a tailspin of his own making and his co-pilot jim is going down with him.

Really, why ?

No, Jim will just say I'm talking right wing nonsense with no argument to back it up.

You're talking talking right wing nonsense with no argument to back it up. :tu:

Baxenden may be your home but c'mon K-Hod it's hardly Bath or York or Keswick is it?

I can't argue with that BUT how nice to sell a property in London for 750k and replace it with one at 250k in Bash (or anywhere north of the Watford Gap) at 60 years old or so. A tax free lump of 500k! Not a bad pension eh?

All tax free and a basic problem with UK economy... people see a house as a tax-free haven when it should be subject to capital gains like anything else. .

I'm with you on most things Gordon but my company was one of the victims of the Thatcher bitch. She ruined industry in the North West by moving all the Government work to the North East. That closed many companies, including my own, at a stroke. Evil woman.

Correct

No, but at the risk of splitting hairs, Grantham is the East Mids isn't it?

Doesn't matter where she came from. It's the ideology that was so destructive.

This was in the Guardian today. Farage campaigning with Joey Essex on a boat off the coast of Grimsby. Shame it wasn't torpedoed:-

Essex explained to the Ukip leader why he was there: “Basically I don’t really understand much about political life and I’m trying to show the youth it’s good to vote.”

Farage said: “What I’m going to try do is give you my opinions, which you’ll either love or hate.”

Essex asked: “Why are we in Grimsby?”

The Ukip leader replied: “It’s symbolic of what’s gone wrong. If we came here 40 years ago there were thousands of men working here and a massive trawler fleet, it was the biggest fishing port in the country.

“We joined the European Union and now have to share all our fish with all the other countries. And what we’re saying is let’s take our country and our territorial waters back, let’s get our fishing industry back.”

In response, Essex said: “Sick.”

When Farage added that he wanted a bigger British fishing industry, Essex said: “Wicked.”

Essex talked to Farage about working at Billingsgate fish market. Asked what he thought of Farage, Essex said: “He’s a really, really reem guy.”

Farage said: “I think that’s good, I’m not sure. Reem? Interesting. What does that mean?”

Essex explained: “It means cool, wicked, sick.”

This was in the Guardian today. Farage campaigning with Joey Essex on a boat off the coast of Grimsby. Shame it wasn't torpedoed:-

Essex explained to the Ukip leader why he was there: “Basically I don’t really understand much about political life and I’m trying to show the youth it’s good to vote.”

Farage said: “What I’m going to try do is give you my opinions, which you’ll either love or hate.”

The Ukip leader replied: “It’s symbolic of what’s gone wrong. If we came here 40 years ago there were thousands of men working here and a massive trawler fleet, it was the biggest fishing port in the country.

“We joined the European Union and now have to share all our fish with all the other countries. And what we’re saying is let’s take our country and our territorial waters back, let’s get our fishing industry back.”

When Farage added that he wanted a bigger British fishing industry, Essex said: “Wicked.”

Essex talked to Farage about working at Billingsgate fish market. Asked what he thought of Farage, Essex said: “He’s a really, really reem guy.”

Farage said: “I think that’s good, I’m not sure. Reem? Interesting. What does that mean?”

He has a good point about the UK fishing industry though

All tax free and a basic problem with UK economy... people see a house as a tax-free haven when it should be subject to capital gains like anything else. .

Yes, tax everything that moves.

I work hard and earn my pay, pay my income tax on it. That's just the first of many taxes I get whacked for. Why is that morally right?

Companies like amazon and starbucks should be getting bills for their fair share, not people working their rings off trying to improve their lot.

Capital gains tax, inheritence tax, income tax, value-added tax, stamp duty, on and on.

I'm only surprised that the tax I pay isn't taxed as well. "Income tax tax."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/duncan-bannatyne-says-hell-vote-labour-because-of-ed-milibands-courage-in-taking-on-nondom-tax-status-10161411.html

Bannatyne has done a quick u-turn. Last week he was signing a letter to the Telegraph saying he was voting Tory.

Good to see the rest of the Tories desperately trying to defend the current non-dom policy and in doing so showing just how out of touch they are. Even the Financial Times are saying it's indefensible.

t

btw re: my question 'have you ever worked in the public sector'? Given your reticence to reply I guess I'll just have to take that as a 'NO'. So Jim in that case why were you so happy to spend your whole working life in the Private sector lining the pockets of capitalist owners? Don't you have any principles?

If it really matters to you I've worked in both sectors, and via the union I made sure I screwed the private employers for every penny I could get.

Presumably you and your family have used the NHS and various other public services at some point. Don't you have any principles ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/duncan-bannatyne-says-hell-vote-labour-because-of-ed-milibands-courage-in-taking-on-nondom-tax-status-10161411.html

Bannatyne has done a quick u-turn. Last week he was signing a letter to the Telegraph saying he was voting Tory.

Good to see the rest of the Tories desperately trying to defend the current non-dom policy and in doing so showing just how out of touch they are. Even the Financial Times are saying it's indefensible.

Good for him.

Yes, tax everything that moves.

Houses don't move but why should they be exempt from CGT when rising prices have caused so much pain, inequality and distortion to the economy since the second world war. ? It could be balanced by removing stamp duty, which is a tax on moving home

Because itmeans ppenalising people whoare ttrying to better their lot. Risingprices are down to the ppopulation growing beyond sensible limits and not enough homes being built. Would cgt receipts go towards solving the problem? No.

But it's an easy target

Because itmeans ppenalising people whoare ttrying to better their lot. Risingprices are down to the ppopulation growing beyond sensible limits and not enough homes being built. Would cgt receipts go towards solving the problem? No.

But it's an easy target

No problem with that but it shouldn't be tax free.

Probably because they know it would actually cost Britain more money than it would actual take in, even Ed Balls admitted that back In January.

Probably because they know it would actually cost Britain more money than it would actual take in, even Ed Balls admitted that back In January.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/reality-check/2015/apr/08/how-much-would-ending-non-dom-tax-status-raise-britain

It could actually raise up to £4bn according to a tax lawyer.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/08/labour-accuses-tories-of-editing-ed-balls-non-dom-video-to-mislead-voters

Desperate stuff from Tory Central Orifice.

Balls clearly says that it would cost Britain money in the video, that was not edited. The line at the end that was missing was:

"But I think we can be tougher and we should be and will".

Today's policy announcement is a tougher stance by Labour but Balls clearly thinks it would cost Britain money to do so, in other words this is a dumb policy if it costs more money than it generates.

Balls clearly says that it would cost Britain money in the video, that was not edited. The line at the end that was missing was:

"But I think we can be tougher and we should be and will".

Today's policy announcement is a tougher stance by Labour but Balls clearly thinks it would cost Britain money to do so, in other words this is a dumb policy if it costs more money than it generates.

Mr Balls today cited “independent experts” as saying the abolition of non-dom status could raise £1bn. The point is, abolition is correct morally and in principle. These people are using this country as a tax haven, not because they want to live here.

Said it before, he is my MP and I have no idea what he does these days apart from sound bytes in parliament. Last election he didn't even canvas. Guess that's not needed when you have been in power for as long as he has and people blindly vote for you because of who you are. By my reckoning he's 83 this year so guess he won't be getting out there to canvas again.

I think the fact that he doesn't canvas tells you all you need to know. He's worshipped by people in his community for the service he's given over many years. At 83 I think he deserves to take things a little easier Biddy.

He's never taken a top job in government because he's more interested in serving his constituents. Wasn't caught up in the expenses scandal and hardly ever misses PMQ's.

If only we had more politicians like Dennis Skinner.

I think the fact that he doesn't canvas tells you all you need to know. He's worshipped by people in his community for the service he's given over many years. At 83 I think he deserves to take things a little easier Biddy.

He's never taken a top job in government because he's more interested in serving his constituents. Wasn't caught up in the expenses scandal and hardly ever misses PMQ's.

If only we had more politicians like Dennis Skinner.

Hardly "worshipped", I don't think even he would say he was a messiah. Anyway, he should canvas, he should be out there telling us what he is going to do for our area. If he deserves to take things a little easier, he should retire and let others do the job. He is only elected on the sheep factor.

And he has had various other roles

Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee 1999-10

Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee 1994-98

Party Chair, Labour Party 1988-89

Vice-Chair, Labour Party 1987-88

Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee 1979-92

Also, I'm not having a go at him per se. I am disappointed we never see or hear him unless he's deriding someone in the house of commons to get on TV. He has probably done wonderous things for this area over the past 45 years, but I'm interested in what he's doing now and in the next term.

Hardly "worshipped", I don't think even he would say he was a messiah. Anyway, he should canvas, he should be out there telling us what he is going to do for our area. If he deserves to take things a little easier, he should retire and let others do the job. He is only elected on the sheep factor.

And he has had various other roles

Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee 1999-10

Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee 1994-98

Party Chair, Labour Party 1988-89

Vice-Chair, Labour Party 1987-88

Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee 1979-92

Also, I'm not having a go at him per se. I am disappointed we never see or hear him unless he's deriding someone in the house of commons to get on TV. He has probably done wonderous things for this area over the past 45 years, but I'm interested in what he's doing now and in the next term.

You live in his constituency Biddy, you have every right to expect more from your MP if that's what matters to you, can't argue with that.

Clearly he's living off his reputation, but what a reputation, great man with great values, a proper politician in my book.

You live in his constituency Biddy, you have every right to expect more from your MP if that's what matters to you, can't argue with that.

Clearly he's living off his reputation, but what a reputation, great man with great values, a proper politician in my book.

Is this the same D Skinner who was having a relationship with a Tory Lady from the House of Lords?

Mr Balls today cited “independent experts” as saying the abolition of non-dom status could raise £1bn. The point is, abolition is correct morally and in principle. These people are using this country as a tax haven, not because they want to live here.

Amazingly these non-doms can live here for decades with massive tax benefits and pass their non-dom status to their kids, (who if born here are also british nationals).

Whether it costs us money or not, surely thats just not fair.

Its very condesending of the media to think that they are representing young people choosing not to vote by getting Joey Essex to question the leaders. The guy literally is famous for being thick.

Young people aren't voting because they see no one representing their views or fighting their corner. At the last election they saw the Lib-Dems with a policy of no university fees, so in a much larger % than the general population voted for them, and got shafted within hours of the election. The irony is that if they did vote, then the politicians would make more young vote friendly manifestos. We have the richest generation of pensioners in history, yet our youngsters are reckoned to be the first generation in 70 years set to be worse off than their parents.

Thank you comrade. Now off you trot and see if you can persuade Miliband and Balls (Little and Large) to include that in the Labour manifesto for this election. I'd say that it should easily ensure that Labour get less seats than the Liberals. :rolleyes::wstu:

Bear in mind also that those two only ever go after soft targets. Good luck with that.

Archived