BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumour: Josh King extends contract

Remarkably good news if true. We need to keep him fit of course but a 4-5-1 with Brown doing the physical stuff and shouldering the spade work in the hole and King playing right across the front line could prove a very good partnership to base our tactics around. It would give defenders nightmares and preventing them pushing us up to the half way line so easily and squeezing play in our half.

Remarkable. You criticise Dunn for picking up a salary for nothing yet this is great news.

Can't think of much King has ever done. Shows how desperate we have got that we laud a player for not being sold.

A 40 game a year striker who moves like King would of course help. Never known a Rovers side so one paced.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody hell Theno, that is just incredibly optimistic! And proved so by Chaddy posting the same thing!

He is a bit injury prone and can look a bit sulky sometimes but my abiding memory of my brief time watching Rovers in the flesh this season was of King scaring the bejesus out of Swansea. Likewise, I thought Brown looked handy - physically very strong with a sound touch and intelligent use of possession.

Nothing to get carried away about but a bit of good news in my opinion.

Good news, IF true. Yes, he's frustratingly inconsistent but pace is a valuable commodity in our side and with the embargo limiting us to freebies and loans, beggars can't be choosers.

Good chance Rudy and Rhodes leave this summer. At least one will you'd think. Couple that with a transfer embargo, then keeping King is pretty important imo.

Hopefully somebody bids huge for Rhodes and we can clear some debt. Then maybe keep Rudy, as him and Rudy have the potential to be a really effective pairing at this level

Great news IF he can perform consistently like he has done in the Cup matches this season.

Bad news if he carries on performing like he has done for the majority of his time here and is injured all the time.

On balance I'd prefer someone else with a bit of pace, although must admit him and Rhodes would be an intriguing pairing if King could be bothered to pull his finger out consistently

Good chance Rudy and Rhodes leave this summer. At least one will you'd think. Couple that with a transfer embargo, then keeping King is pretty important imo.

Hopefully somebody bids huge for Rhodes and we can clear some debt. Then maybe keep Rudy, as him and Rudy have the potential to be a really effective pairing at this level

Rudy's a goner. Isn't cashing in on Rudy part of Bowyer's brownie points with Mrs. D?

An amazing strike sums him up?

You seem blinded by hate for him on this one Abbey, even when he plays bad he scares defenders and opens space he also whipped in a ball and put one on a plate for a striker on saturday

Edit looks like there's a good chance this is fake and the Norwegian media picked up a spoof tweet

oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Much safer bet selling Gestede for a big fee imo . There's every chance that he'd be holding hands with King in the treatment room for much of the season or one or both will get a cob on should something not go their way at any point.

King has the raw ability to play at a much higher level that the Championship, but I think we've all witnessed his troubles with turning that raw ability into consistent performances. It feels like he's out injured or experiencing a down period for 3 out of 4 games. Still, the contract makes sense (we need to secure both wingers and strikers for next season) from a squad perspective, and he can't be that expensive... Hopefully this is Bowyer's decision, and not just some mandate from Pune born from watching FA cup highlights.

Rudy's a goner. Isn't cashing in on Rudy part of Bowyer's brownie points with Mrs. D?

I have no doubt Rudy wants to go, but hopefully nobody bids and he stays was more my thinking

Much safer bet selling Gestede for a big fee imo . There's every chance that he'd be holding hands with King in the treatment room for much of the season or one or both will get a cob on should something not go their way at any point.

Quite possibly, but at a time when we really need to cut costs selling rhodes who generates a larger fee and clears way way more wages off the books seems the more sensible to me.

you need a better rod, we refused offers for him in January. Unless they refuse him a move again this summer he'll be off because that's what he has said he wants.

Remarkably good news if true. We need to keep him fit of course but a 4-5-1 with Brown doing the physical stuff and shouldering the spade work in the hole and King playing right across the front line could prove a very good partnership to base our tactics around. It would give defenders nightmares and preventing them pushing us up to the half way line so easily and squeezing play in our half.

I'd like to know where the goals are going to come from in that one :)

I like King for the pace he brings and how he turns defence into attack in the blink of an eye and takes pressure off our defence but I don't see him ever turning into a prolific finisher. He'd have to be alongside a Rhodes or Rudy otherwise we are snookered. Brown has a job to do in certain pairings but this isn't it, might work for odd games but in the long run we need a finisher. No goals in Browny sadly.

Rhodes has played 46 games this season. If king played that many (I accept thats a big if with his injury record), then I think he'd scored enough goals for us at this level. King needs a run of games and with rudy and JR and his injury record he just never gets it

Amazing news, Kingy really came into his own this latter half of the season. He is young and looks to be improving under GB. Very similar sort of mentality to Henley and we can see how he has been improved by GB.

Now for Killgallon! Keep Rhodesy and its looking good for next year.

I understand concerns over fitness but whomever we bring in we are going to have to take a gamble. Whether fitness, temperament or ability. With King we know what we are potentially getting. That's why it's crucial we have the right kind of people on the coaching and fitness staff. We cannot have a repeat of this season's record with pulls and tweaks preventing a settled team (although in the case of Hanley and Lowe that has been a blessing - two seasons running can't be a coincidence).

King and Rhodes, with Brown being the physical threat may be the way to go. Although in an ideal world Gestede stays and Brown remains as an understudy.

Hope it's true but that the deal is a sensible one for the club.

He needs regular starts in his correct position, (up top), next season and, of course, to stay fit.

I understand concerns over fitness but whomever we bring in we are going to have to take a gamble. Whether fitness, temperament or ability. With King we know what we are potentially getting. That's why it's crucial we have the right kind of people on the coaching and fitness staff. We cannot have a repeat of this season's record with pulls and tweaks preventing a settled team (although in the case of Hanley and Lowe that has been a blessing - two seasons running can't be a coincidence).

King and Rhodes, with Brown being the physical threat may be the way to go. Although in an ideal world Gestede stays and Brown remains as an understudy.

Your ideal World doesn't sound very ideal.

Brown shouldn't be here.

Is this true or not does anyone know?

If it was true, Im sure the rovers PR juggernaut would be in full affect on twitter and the website. So I'd hazard a guess that for now it isnt true

Well that bit of positivity lasted as long as April snow!

Ok to be more positive, we prob cant afford to pay people double time on a bank holiday in our FFP hole, so maybe the PR machine will kick in tomorrow :)

Hope it's true but that the deal is a sensible one for the club.

He needs regular starts in his correct position, (up top), next season and, of course, to stay fit.

Your ideal World doesn't sound very ideal.

Brown shouldn't be here.

You're right, of course. I guess my ideal world doesn't include an embargo, FFP, debt, Venkys, war, famine or disease either.

It's all relative! :)

Archived