BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumour: Josh King extends contract

An amazing strike sums him up?

You seem blinded by hate for him on this one Abbey, even when he plays bad he scares defenders and opens space he also whipped in a ball and put one on a plate for a striker on saturday

Edit looks like there's a good chance this is fake and the Norwegian media picked up a spoof tweet

if he cant stay fit, then it really is a waste of money, no matter how frightening he can be, or how good a player he can be. We really need to sort these things out, because for years now we have had passengers who never play due to injuries picking up wages. We are not in the financial position to continue paying players who hardly contribute. In saying that, if he can sort out his injuries then yeh why not, but im a little worried by this.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leak to foreign press he's signed followed by quick denial by local press but say contracts on the table = flush out other interested clubs. He's a goner :huh:

I know the administration at the club is far from efficient but they are not so daft to try anything that crass. If it gets sussed on here then there's no chance of another club falling for it. Besides, where would it leave the plotters if he signed the contract?

I reckoned he's been offered a contract, it's been leaked out and he's thinking it over with his agent. I'd imagine that if another Championship club or decent continental outfit came in he'd probably turn us down.

There's much wrong with the club, no need to look for stuff that likely doesn't exist.

Lets be real there is no rush for Josh to sign anywhere until pre season is upon him. He may as well sit tight, see what offers arrive and also see if one or both of Rudy/rhodes leave

I know the administration at the club is far from efficient but they are not so daft to try anything that crass. If it gets sussed on here then there's no chance of another club falling for it. Besides, where would it leave the plotters if he signed the contract?

I reckoned he's been offered a contract, it's been leaked out and he's thinking it over with his agent. I'd imagine that if another Championship club or decent continental outfit came in he'd probably turn us down.

There's much wrong with the club, no need to look for stuff that likely doesn't exist.

Just where did I mention the club or administration ? Also am I presenting it as fact ? It's the type of trick agents play all the time, get off your soap box for once. No need to stir the pot but then again you can't help yourself can you !

Just where did I mention the club or administration ? Also am I presenting it as fact ? It's the type of trick agents play all the time, get off your soap box for once. No need to stir the pot but then again you can't help yourself can you !

I wasn't on my soap box, I offered a point of view in a very reasonable manner.

I wasn't on my soap box, I offered a point of view in a very reasonable manner.

It appeared you decided to read between the lines. Your reply implied me using it as a stick to beat the club obviously. Anyway it's not worth arguing about so move on.

To be fair the club manager has not been shy on trying to drum up interest in players hoping to tempt other clubs so I imagine the "administration" would not be that far behind in a token gesture at justifying their pay packets as they seem incapable of attracting decent additional income elsewhere. At a normal club certain Directors would have been out on their ears long ago but as recent history as shown Desai and the Rao's reward deceit and failure at their Ewood Park franchise.

As for offering King a new contract surely the sensible thing to do considering his injury proneness would be a 12 month one to be reviewed after 6/7 months

To be fair the club manager has not been shy on trying to drum up interest in players hoping to tempt other clubs so I imagine the "administration" would not be that far behind in a token gesture at justifying their pay packets as they seem incapable of attracting decent additional income elsewhere. At a normal club certain Directors would have been out on their ears long ago but as recent history as shown Debsai and the Rao's reward deceit and failure

One day, and i mean 1 day, im hoping somebody will explain this to me.

If anything it's more than likely down to agents or maybe just the Norwegian version of Nixon :) Seeing as it's been brought up though who would even put it past our administration. Look at the Rhodes fiasco.

To be fair the club manager has not been shy on trying to drum up interest in players hoping to tempt other clubs so I imagine the "administration" would not be that far behind in a token gesture at justifying their pay packets as they seem incapable of attracting decent additional income elsewhere. At a normal club certain Directors would have been out on their ears long ago but as recent history as shown Desai and the Rao's reward deceit and failure at their Ewood Park franchise.

As for offering King a new contract surely the sensible thing to do considering his injury proneness would be a 12 month one to be reviewed after 6/7 months

There does seem to be a 'Grassy knoll' type vibe amongst some on here and the supporter base in general. I was talking to one bloke who is convinced that Glasgow 'Ice Cream Van' gangsters are behind our demise. Hardly surprising really as the owners refuse to communicate.

Depends. If King signs and scores 20 goals and he leaves for nothing at the end of the season pitchforks would be out for Bowyer and Shelfy.

Its a tricky one to judge. Hr is an injury prone talent who doesn't score that many goals. But clearly can trouble even the best defences (see FA cup), pace to burn, physically strong and has shown a lot of improvement in terms of finishing and final ball since Christmas. Could blossom.

To be honest I haven't a Scooby what sort of terms we would offer on the back of that. 10k a week, two year deal?

• Backroom

Depends. If King signs and scores 20 goals and he leaves for nothing at the end of the season pitchforks would be out for Bowyer and Shelfy.

Its a tricky one to judge. Hr is an injury prone talent who doesn't score that many goals. But clearly can trouble even the best defences (see FA cup), pace to burn, physically strong and has shown a lot of improvement in terms of finishing and final ball since Christmas. Could blossom.

To be honest I haven't a Scooby what sort of terms we would offer on the back of that. 10k a week, two year deal?

I suspect we can offer the same basic he was signed on, but can up his bonuses or something?

He isn't going to sign full stop. Hardly played either as a winger or striker (despite the manager moaning we have no pace) until he fantastically grabs his chance in the FA cup games and forces the manager's hand. Why on earth would he sign in those conditions? Oh, and if he looks at how both Rhodes and Gestede were shabbily treated and dropped at times for Browny it'd just confirm leaving is the best thing for him.

Shame really, but under Gaz why expect anything different/

I think the big thing to remember here is that King is already on board. Given the Embargo, he is effectively like a free signing, so we would be risking his wages over whatever term the contract is. Given what wages we have wasted in the past, I don't see this as a huge risk. The big issue is the length of the contract and I would probably gamble on 3 years. He is talented and in the hope he is well coached, performs and is injury free, we either have a good season out of him and sell him on for pure profit, or he fulfils his contract and we have a useful player in the team.

Some sort of appearance bonus and a promotion bonus may also be useful.

I was going to mention this a while back when we were all speculating about who might leave:

Basically, what kind of club would seriously consider buying a player that seems injury prone? Certainly not one of a higher standing than Rovers - and they certainly wouldn't be paying top dollar even if they did. So yeah, unless there were unworkable personal issues it seemed likely that he might stay.

I was going to mention this a while back when we were all speculating about who might leave:

Basically, what kind of club would seriously consider buying a player that seems injury prone? Certainly not one of a higher standing than Rovers - and they certainly wouldn't be paying top dollar even if they did. So yeah, unless there were unworkable personal issues it seemed likely that he might stay.

Hmm interesting thought.

But then he has shown he can take apart Swansea and Stoke, and would cost virtually nothing for a prem club on their budget. If he is injury prone so what? Only cost a "mere" 15k a week. Worth a punt for someone.

Don't rate Kingy, never have.

Trouble is every player we lose now is going to be a worry, - based purely on whether we'll get a replacement at all, or how good/poor he'll be.

So, shrugs shoulders, all getting a bit too late to worry. Where the owners will take us is where we'll go.

Archived