BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumour: Josh King extends contract

Ok to be more positive, we prob cant afford to pay people double time on a bank holiday in our FFP hole, so maybe the PR machine will kick in tomorrow :)

Is it a bank holiday up there? You jammy @#/?s.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody hell Theno, that is just incredibly optimistic! And proved so by Chaddy posting the same thing!

Can't believe some here actually want to see Brown up front with King and think it could work. Baffling.

I've seen arguments suggesting Rhodes and Rudy can't play in a 4-4-2 but now they actually want to see Brown and King together up top?!?! Recipe for disaster. Much, much rather see Rhodes and King up top. Far more sensible option if we can keep hold of JR.

Rudy's a goner. Isn't cashing in on Rudy part of Bowyer's brownie points with Mrs. D?

No it's called business. Just about every club has to sell players when their value is right and as we saw with Hughes a good talent spotter can work wonders for a club.

btw and No I'm not even attempting to compare GB with MH.

Hmm. So has this happened? If so I am extremely surprised - hes barely got a game all season and has been showing his displeasure. I guess he was told he is going to be one of our main strikers next year and got a decent wage.

If we have signed him it is good news. Josh being on the pitch means other teams have to drop 15 yards at least which in turn will create more space for the likes of Marshall and Cairney to create. Also his finishing and final ball have improved a lot in the last four months too.

Rhodes would also like playing with him, if of course we can keep Jordan. Which I don't think we can. But then I (might?) have been wrong about King, so what do I know.

People talking about how King has improved under Bowyer. Has he really? He's 23 now and so he should have been improving over the last few years but I haven't seen that much from him to go raving about Bowyer's management. I do like King and think he has potential and do think he should have been utilised more earlier in the season. I'm not expecting miracles however.

You're right, of course. I guess my ideal world doesn't include an embargo, FFP, debt, Venkys, war, famine or disease either.

It's all relative! :)

Your ideal world reminds me of Rimmer's from Red Dwarf when he ended up buried up to his head in sand, getting eaten alive by ants in a total immersion virtual reality game ;-)

Your ideal world reminds me of Rimmer's from Red Dwarf when he ended up buried up to his head in sand, getting eaten alive by ants in a total immersion virtual reality game ;-)

:lol: Red Dwarf! Good times. :D

all king needs now is to be picked and find a final ball

Needs to stay fit, (responsibility of himself and the club), and play up front. He will never thrive on the wing as it's simply not his natural position.

Oh, and yes, needs to get lucky in the random team draw.

all king needs now is to be picked and find a final ball

I doubt it's true that he's signed, but finding a final ball in the main will be a bridge to far I feel.

No matter where he plays his football next season.

Hoilett was the same, great pace, great skill, no end product, shame really.

• Backroom

Fast players like King are very often injury prone, unfortunately. Very few of them get over it if they're still picking up injuries at 23, and eventually that pace disappears as the injuries mount - Kieron Dyer being one example.

King has to get his injury problems sorted quickly, or they will ruin his career.

• Backroom

He's played as a striker for us 3 times. We won all three. Got an oppo man sent off in all three. He bagged a hat-trick in one of them.

I think if we can keep King and Rhodes playing, then we may be in for a season of some actual exciting football.

Holding my breath, I admit.

Fast players like King are very often injury prone, unfortunately. Very few of them get over it if they're still picking up injuries at 23, and eventually that pace disappears as the injuries mount - Kieron Dyer being one example.

King has to get his injury problems sorted quickly, or they will ruin his career.

Michael Owen was the prime example once the achilles tendons went they were a weak point

I don't think this is true and will be amazed if it happens. He's an ideal cheap deal to a Prem or a (low end) top flight European team.

Comparisons to Hoilett are harsh. I always rated Junior, very effective, scored in a poor side but overran the ball at times. King often just goes to pieces in the final third...but I see real potential in him and want him to stay!

Archived