BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lashers new boss

In 2000+ posts I have tried to be balanced and fair. Be ashamed for using that word. Disgraceful language. You live in a different age.

Mercerman was only using it in the same context as 'moron' or 'imbecile'. He wasn't intentionally mocking the handicapped. He's apologised and that should be the end of it.

Mercerman was only using it in the same context as 'moron' or 'imbecile'. He wasn't intentionally mocking the handicapped. He's apologised and that should be the end of it.

I've just seen his apology. Retard is unacceptable nor in the same range of the words you suggest. It isn't the end and the word should be banned.

• Backroom

I wouldn't swap Bowyer for McDonald. The latter's only proper stint in management ended in him being sacked after a year.

If we're going to replace Bowyer I want somebody with a track record of some kind, not another assistant/coach who may come good. We've taken enough gambles already.

Good luck to McDonald at Blackpool, quite frankly he's going to need it.

I wouldn't swap Bowyer for McDonald. The latter's only proper stint in management ended in him being sacked after a year.

If we're going to replace Bowyer I want somebody with a track record of some kind, not another assistant/coach who may come good. We've taken enough gambles already.

Good luck to McDonald at Blackpool, quite frankly he's going to need it.

Have to agree with this. What suggests McDonald would be better than Bowyer? If he is rated why has he taken a job at the worst run club in football?

I can see Bowyer is not perfect but to suggest McDonald is better than Bowyer after getting binned by Carlisle and now needing go to a basket case club for a top job is daft.

• 5 weeks later...

Seemed the only relevant thread to put this in as they are no longer in the Championship

Oyston pulls out shotgun (allegedly)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3147291/Blackpool-chairman-Karl-Oyston-quizzed-police-fan-says-pulled-shotgun-row-outside-Bloomfield-Road.html

It would be pretty easy to hide an alleged shotgun in a place the size of a football ground.

Seems a tad strange him going there. I know he's happy up north however. Maybe a win win situation in some respects for him. Be interesting to see how he gets on. Best of luck to the lad. He did us no harm and was seemingly hardworking, professional and conscientious.

Private land, could be why no charges I suppose ?

That could be his defence.

I was also told that you can have a shotgun in a public area if there's no shells in it and the break is open.

Blackpool Supporters Trust offer to buy Oyston's out http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3151987/Blackpool-Supporters-Trust-offer-Oyston-family-16m-control-club.html

"A number of Football League owners have privately registered their disgust at the contempt with which Karl holds his paying customers."

With a recommendation like this bet Mrs D is on the phone offering him a job as customer liaison at Rovers

The clubs going nowhere under Oyston and whilst I think the family have done a decent job its clearly time to go now.

The Blackpool fans are doing the right thing, keeping the club in the press, stopping the game was a master stroke, its mentioned weekly in the media and now they've got a bid together to tempt the owners.

What are we doing? :rock:

Good on the Blackpool fans.

Unfortunately Gav, Venkys have made Rovers pretty much unsellable. Only an incredibly wealthy Rovers fan would be willing to stump up the required millions to buy the club, clear the debt and take on the running costs.

The clubs going nowhere under Oyston and whilst I think the family have done a decent job its clearly time to go now.

The Blackpool fans are doing the right thing, keeping the club in the press, stopping the game was a master stroke, its mentioned weekly in the media and now they've got a bid together to tempt the owners.

What are we doing? :rock:

We aren't doing anything to rid ourselves of the Loons.

It has been easier for Blackpool fans to put the heat on Karl Oyston as he actually attends matches and also lives in Waddington.

Singing songs about Karl Oyston and Amanda Thompson in front of his wife has probably brought it all to a head 😄. Can you imagine the awkward silence at the dinner table after that.

Blackpool Supporters Trust offer to buy Oyston's out http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3151987/Blackpool-Supporters-Trust-offer-Oyston-family-16m-control-club.html

"A number of Football League owners have privately registered their disgust at the contempt with which Karl holds his paying customers."

With a recommendation like this bet Mrs D is on the phone offering him a job as customer liaison at Rovers

What a piece of work Oyston is. A true chip off the old block.

Archived